Confirmed with Link: [ANA/OTT] Andre Petersson for Alex Grant

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Link.

Scoring leader of Sweden in 2010 WJC with 8 goals and 11 points in 6 games. 1 NHL game for Ottawa. Almost PPG-player in AHL.

From the scouting report (EliteProspects) he seems like an Omark replica.
Petersson is a one-dimensional offensive player. A magician with the puck with plenty of slick moves in his repertoire. He loves to challenge the opposing defenseman and is good one-one-one. Petersson is a natural scorer, but at the same time delivers crisp passes. The only knock here, is that he sometimes is a bit too puck happy, and should pass more. What makes him even tougher to stop, is the fact that he is an above average skater with good acceleration and agility.

The major knock on Petersson is his defensive game, work ethic and consistency. He does not back-check enough and is always focused on contributing offensively instead. Also, if he could bring his A game each night, he would be able to be an even more productive player. Sometimes he does not seem to be inspired and hangs with his head. When on top of the game, however, he is a player that can do the unexpected and win a game for his team. Enormous potential.

Great addition to Norfolk with an outside shot to make the Ducks roster.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
So we did do something afterall. Petersson was a promising young player in the SHL some years ago, and was really good for Sweden twice in the World Juniors, scored eight goals in six games (tied for most goals in the tournament that year). It has been really quiet around him since. He seems to be producing well in the AHL though, so maybe there's some untapped potential still. At the very least he should be a good pick up for Norfolk.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
hmm. those guys seem like the best way they can benefit is through a change of scenery and to buy into the system. seems like a lot of reward and not much risk so im perfectly ok with that

randyc

Apr 2, 2007
Suffolk, Virginia
Peterssen Meet Mr. Yawney

Peterssen's scouting report mentions some defensive deficiencies. Well he's going to play for a coach who stresses team defense and doesn't tolerate those who don't. I do believe Peterssen will be working on his defensive game while here in Norfolk.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Seems like a decent addition to Norfolk considering Etem will probably be with the big club come playoff time. That said, I'm completely ignorant to the AHL/NHL schedule conflictions. :laugh:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Seems like a decent addition to Norfolk considering Etem will probably be with the big club come playoff time. That said, I'm completely ignorant to the AHL/NHL schedule conflictions. :laugh:

That was my line of thinking, as well. Well, actually before playoff time. Someone to bring in to help offset the loss of Etem. But we'll see.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I have to admit, I'm more than a little perplexed about Murray feeling the need to shore up on the mods. That public display of a lack of trust might just make me pull a Bobby. :rant:

Oh sure, now and then you make a great post delete, but too often you are just invisible. If you can't moderate at at least a 30 troll posts deleted yearly rate; we can find somebody to moderate for less money. It's time to step up your game son. ;)

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
You're selling Vipers short. He has Global Mod potential. We just have to stay the course and develop him properly.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Oh sure, now and then you make a great post delete, but too often you are just invisible. If you can't moderate at at least a 30 troll posts deleted yearly rate; we can find somebody to moderate for less money. It's time to step up your game son. ;)
I try hard, but what am I to do? Every blue moon there's an eenok or something that I can prove myself on, but there's five mods of ours jumping on it, and then he's gone, and then everything's smooth sailing again. There's just not enough adversity. We're all heavyweights in a no-fight league, damnit! :rant:

You're selling Vipers short. He has Global Mod potential. We just have to stay the course and develop him properly.
Well, it didn't help me that I was rushed. Called up to the Trade Board way too quickly, showed little, and got demoted. The upside is vaguely there, but there's certainly no linear path to that type of ceiling.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
Link.

Scoring leader of Sweden in 2010 WJC with 8 goals and 11 points in 6 games. 1 NHL game for Ottawa. Almost PPG-player in AHL.

From the scouting report (EliteProspects) he seems like an Omark replica.

Great addition to Norfolk with an outside shot to make the Ducks roster.

Nothing like Omark, Andre scores goals and Omark sets people up. Big difference! :handclap:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Clearly the HF Ducks are racist for failing to advance him to Global mod years ago. He's going to probably demand a trade to the Toronto boards soon so he can be properly appreciated.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
So we did do something afterall. Petersson was a promising young player in the SHL some years ago, and was really good for Sweden twice in the World Juniors, scored eight goals in six games (tied for most goals in the tournament that year). It has been really quiet around him since. He seems to be producing well in the AHL though, so maybe there's some untapped potential still. At the very least he should be a good pick up for Norfolk.

He had serious back problems which halted his development. Eventually found help in Ottawa and things got better. I was a bit disappointed he didn't get a chance in NHL, dont know if he ever deserved it but i wanted to see him play cuz he used to be so promising and it would be fun to see what he would be able to do. Used to be a real sniper with a great shot.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Clearly the HF Ducks are racist for failing to advance him to Global mod years ago. He's going to probably demand a trade to the Toronto boards soon so he can be properly appreciated.

*gulp* I might have just bluffed myself into mod hell.

Once I get to see a Burkie interview again, and think I can pull off the big mouth like he can.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Petersson had the best pure shot in the entire Senators organization. You guys probably know by now how good Silfverberg's wrist shot is. Petersson's is better. Not only that, unlike Silfverberg, it's not only his wrist/snap shot that's that good. He has the entire repertoire. His wrist shot, snap shot, slap shot, one timer, backhand are all elite level.

Also, Petersson can get his shot off in more adverse positions than most players. Sometimes you see players with great shots that never score in the NHL because they need that little bit of open ice that you never get at this level. Petersson gets his shot off even when the pass is behind him and he's shooting off his back foot while getting checked.

If you guys ever give him a chance with a center that can give him the puck, he'll produce points for you.

--

Edit: About his back problems. The story is that apparently his Swedish team misdiagnosed his back problems, in such a terrible fashion that he was playing through terrible back pain. Those WJC's that he dominated? He was playing with a bad back throughout all of them. Eventually, though, the pain got so bad, there was question whether his career was going to be over. The Senators ended up flying him over to Ottawa so they could check him out, and they figured out the problem, which is why Andre ended up playing in the AHL instead of staying in Sweden, he was so grateful that the Senators "saved his career".

He still has the occasional back problems that flare up, but it's much more of a manageable problem now-a-days (sorta like Spezza and his back), instead of a career ending sort of problem.

Last edited:

QuackCity93

Sep 30, 2013
Watching some video of petersson This trade has potential to be a steal for the Ducks. Petersson has elite level skill and a great release on his shot. He is also a great skater. Hopefully the Ducks give him a shot because I think he could do big things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad