Proposal: ANA / MTL at the draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
Considering Chicago draft Demidov at number 2:

Anaheim trade Zegras to Montreal for Reinbacher and a 2nd 2025.
Anaheim then draft Lindstrom
Montreal draft Levshunov, Dickinson or Buium at 5.

Anaheim gets a big forward that fits their identity and a solid RD prospect.
They go from Zegras, Levshunov to Reinbacher, Lindstrom

Montreal gets the help they need in front and still have a solid D prospect.
They go from Reinbacher, Lindstrom (or a forward other than Demidov) to Zegras, antoher top D prospect.

Of course that implied that MTL want Zegras

What do you think?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Think I’d rather have Lev than Reinbacher. If he’s available, there’s a good chance they take him.
Considering the puck moving D you have...Reinbacher (from my perspective) is a much better fit for you guys. Levshunov is basically what you already have in Mintyukov. Then adding in Zellwegger and whoever else....they can't all play PP1 (which is what they need to maximize their potential)

Reactions: ChopSuey and tomd

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
As a Ducks fan I would rather have Lindstrom + Reinbacher, but mostly because I am not that high on Levshunov and as much as I love Zegras(like a lot a lot ) the clock is ticking on him being a true impact NHLer for an affordable price tag, and it seems the org is clearly not sold.

I think Lindstrom has a great chance to be a monster player, especially in the playoffs. With both teams already having nice looking Offensive oriented Dmen(Hutson, Matheson, Mintyukov and Zellwegar) both teams can bank on the upside of Reinbacher's steady D vs the all around upside of Lev. So I imagine MTL passes, and I don't blame them.

I also don't really buy that Levshunov is guaranteed to go top 3 like a lot of insiders are saying, and I also think chances are high that one of CHI or ANA takes a swing at Lindstrom.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Habs say no. I think the are happy with Reinbacher, especially after his move to AHL and he has a unique profile that fits future core. He is very underrated, the exact opposite of Zegras :)
This would be 2nd edition of Drouin/Sergachev trade.
Just draft Lindstrom or Iginla, pure and simple.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Question for Ducks fans....Why is Trevor Zegras on the trade market?

From the habs pov on this current trade offer, I would say no......I do however think there is a framework there, just because he is available and the habs need to score more goals.....

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't think Anaheim would take Lindstrom. He's good no doubt but with them getting Cutter for Drysdale, they need a Drysdale replacement. They have a solid young group up front. They need to just take a quality d-prospect in the draft vs jumping through hoops.

Reactions: loadie

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Well, I think its more a question if Montreal likes Zegras that much, which I'd guess no.

I also don't think Levshunov, Dickinson and Buium are interchangeable, so Montreal would probably need a pick swap as part of this to make sense for them.

But they still really like Reinbacher and probably aren't going to be interested in a trade like this that just shuffles the deck chairs for them. Zegras is help they need up front, but he's not the help they need up front.

Feels like there's not a great reason for either team to do this.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

From the habs pov on this current trade offer, I would say no......I do however think there is a framework there, just because he is available and the habs need to score more goals.....
There is some question as to whether he is actively being shopped or if PV is just listening to offers (Montreal seems to have unending interest in him).

If he is being shopped, it is b/c the Ducks have Carlsson and McTavish as their 1-2 centers and they would be dealing Zegras from a position of strength to address positions of weakness (RHD for example).

Zegras is not a perfect player but the notion that he tops out as a 60 point scorer in the NHL is ridiculous.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
I wouldn't trade Zegras for Reinbacher even with a second added in.

He's not on the trade market. According to rumors teams have been calling about him. That's it.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
There is some question as to whether he is actively being shopped or if PV is just listening to offers (Montreal seems to have unending interest in him).

If he is being shopped, it is b/c the Ducks have Carlsson and McTavish as their 1-2 centers and they would be dealing Zegras from a position of strength to address positions of weakness (RHD for example).

Zegras is not a perfect player but the notion that he tops out as a 60 point scorer in the NHL is ridiculous.

...this is not even close to "unending interest" from a Montreal POV.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
The heavy rumors started in January if not earlier. I know marriages that have been shorter than the rumors that Montreal is interested in Zegras.

I don't care about duration, they're not "heavy" rumours for the Montreal market. They're not all that long either.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

He isn't.

I would rather have Zegras and whatever defensemen the Ducks like best out of this whole draft, then Lindstrom and Reinbacher.

Reactions: Vipers31

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Rather the Habs just keep what they have and pick whatever is left at the 5 spot and try and move up with that jets 1st. If a deal can't be made with that jets pick just use the pick.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Considering the puck moving D you have...Reinbacher (from my perspective) is a much better fit for you guys. Levshunov is basically what you already have in Mintyukov. Then adding in Zellwegger and whoever else....they can't all play PP1 (which is what they need to maximize their potential)
Luneau is a nother guy that might be an option on PP1.

Ya were in a weird spot... but i do think guys like Minty/Lev can become solid 2 way guys.... that are reliable in all scenarios. But i could see anaheim liking Buium and Saliyev (for better or worse).

I don't think Anaheim would take Lindstrom. He's good no doubt but with them getting Cutter for Drysdale, they need a Drysdale replacement. They have a solid young group up front. They need to just take a quality d-prospect in the draft vs jumping through hoops.
If we moved Zegras, i think Lindstrom is a real possibility.... especially if we got a RHD in the trade... i also wouldnt be shocked to see us move up with oilers pick to aim at Elick, Emery, Jiricek etc.

McTavish, Lindstrom, Carlsson, Gauthier is a pretty big/skilled top 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad