Proposal: Ana - Edm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The post I was replying to was that Zegras is untradeable...

And the moment you agree that the Ducks would trade Zegras for Drai and that would be a steal, you are implicitely OK with Zegras + for Draisaitl, the only question being where do you draw the line at the "+++"...

Do the notion that Zegras is untreadeable in a Draisaitl disscussion is just a joke....
Seems like a dumb impractical argument on your part.

Zegras is untouchable, and any reasonable trade in this post would be zegras + which means Anaheim will keep zegras…. So unless you are offering 1 of your 2 superstars straight up for zegras, he’s not being moved, and sense that’s not ever going to happen he basically is untouchable. But sure he’d be moved in impractical situations like Mcdavid/draisitl for zegras straight up, if that helps you sleep at night

Reactions: duckpuck

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Zegras is untouchable, and any reasonable trade in this post would be zegras + which means Anaheim will keep zegras…. So unless you are offering 1 of your 2 superstars straight up for zegras, he’s not being moved, and sense that’s not ever going to happen he basically is untouchable. But sure he’d be moved in impractical situations like Mcdavid/draisitl for zegras straight up, if that helps you sleep at night

I think you're letting your fan bias get the better of you here.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think you missed the part where I said impractical situations

I am replying to not just that post, but most of your posts about Zegras in this thread. I believe you are in the minority in thinking he is untouchable unless it is a (Impractical? I think you should have said impossible) straight up trade for either Draisaitl or McDavid. That kind of thinking is pretty narrow and tends to be a bit overly biased.

Anyway, onto another thread!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I am replying to not just that post, but most of your posts about Zegras in this thread. I believe you are in the minority in thinking he is untouchable unless it is a (Impractical? I think you should have said impossible) straight up trade for either Draisaitl or McDavid. That kind of thinking is pretty narrow and tends to be a bit overly biased.

Anyway, onto another thread!
I’m biased cause I don’t want to trade 3 A pieces for draisitl who will leave in 3 years cause the team around him sucks?

id rather keep zegras Gibson ++ and if we’re in a good spot in 3 years we can just sign draisitl.

it is impossible because ducks arnt going to trade zegras ++ for any player in the league, and the oilers shouldn’t take anything les.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
I definitely say no. Drai is great, don't get me wrong. We aren't ready to be contenders. While we are on on the upswing of the rebuild, I think we are still in it. This would set us back a bit IMO

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
Sure, fair to say. I think you can understand why Draisaitl only moves for an overpayment.

Absolutely. I'm sure there is plenty of Oil fans ready to turn this deal down as well, even if it fills a big need for you guys

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017

You are literarily saying that he is untouchable, but you would trade him for the right offer. And my argument is dumb.

And yes I know, trades like this or Hall for Larsson would never happen.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
You are literarily saying that he is untouchable, but you would trade him for the right offer. And my argument is dumb.

And yes I know, trades like this or Hall for Larsson would never happen.

By that argument, there is no such thing as an untouchable player. Everyone is available for the right amount of overpay. Zegras wouldn't be available in a reasonable deal... it would require an extreme overpay. Same for McDavid or Drai... they have been essentially untouchable because the price on them would be so high no team will pay it, but if a team gutted their franchise those players would get traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad