Proposal: Ana - Edm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Here’s a riddle for everyone.. how long would it take for zegras to swim across a pool of thrown in….. he wouldn’t swim, just walk across

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
This is why trading either one of these guys doesn't benefit Edmonton. The value isn't there and still one season from now there's a net increase of $5-6m to Edmonton's payroll.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So instead of fixing the holes you think it is less stupid to trade away one 100pt player?

Also, Nurse would have gotten 9.5M this offseason had he hit the market and not signed with Edmonton.
The whole oilers franchise is a hole.... at this point.

I think the team is much more successful with Zegras + gibson + 3rd piece... over drai tbh

i also highly doubt nurse gets 9.5 in open market.

Reactions: duckpuck

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
MacTavish+Drysdale+Dostal+Manson+Rakell

Think that works cap wise.

I'd rather see Anaheim keep building. They have a very strong base I'd love to see them add some star forwards in the next 2 drafts

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
MacTavish+Drysdale+Dostal+Manson+Rakell

Think that works cap wise.

I'd rather see Anaheim keep building. They have a very strong base I'd love to see them add some star forwards in the next 2 drafts
Rather see anahiem keep building

Trades future top RHD, future top 6 center(maybe 1st line center) , future nhl starter.

Hopefully a couple of guys from Tracey/Perreault/Pastujov/Comtois can become top 6 players... idk that any of them have "star" power tho. I feel like we almost have to look at RHD at this years draft... but i kinda hope we add a 1st or 2 .... and aim for a high upside forward or 2. If we do add a star forward... itll likely be poaching from a team with potential cap issues, maybe lightning/carolina/toronto/wild/rangers etc down the line, that needs futures/prospects for established players.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
The game is still moving away from the old clutch n grab style(now they are cracking down on crosschecks, what will they go after next?), making it increasingly harder to defend. Elite goalies can take over games every bit as much as an elite scorer can. Not that I would suggest the Oilers trade Drai for Gibson, but if you look at their overall importance to actually winning games, Gibson probably has just as much impact as Drai does. Then add the young, cost-controlled Zegras and an add on top of that... Ducks become a worse team with a giant hole to fill in net. A huge part of what makes the Ducks a tough team to beat, is the play of Gibson.

Drai really isn't the problem. Before the Oilers go doing something stupid, they need to clean out the front office and coaches first.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
lol Zegras untouchable for a 100 pt hart winning player. Typical HF stupidity at its finest.

Congrats on missing the point. The post you responded to said there was no reason for the ducks to make this trade given where they are, because paying the "fair" cost of a player like Drai completely screws the ducks rebuild. If the trade for Drai were made, the ducks would be stuck in mediocrity with an unbalanced roster lacking depth and a thinned out prospect pool. Should sound familiar to Edmonton fans.

And, given where the ducks are, Zegras is pretty much untouchable. Not because he's the best player in the league or even better than Drai. But he's young, cheap, projects as elite and fits the duck rebuild.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Congrats on missing the point. The post you responded to said there was no reason for the ducks to make this trade given where they are, because paying the "fair" cost of a player like Drai completely screws the ducks rebuild. If the trade for Drai were made, the ducks would be stuck in mediocrity with an unbalanced roster lacking depth and a thinned out prospect pool. Should sound familiar to Edmonton fans.

And, given where the ducks are, Zegras is pretty much untouchable. Not because he's the best player in the league or even better than Drai. But he's young, cheap, projects as elite and fits the duck rebuild.

This fair . Problem is fans don't get value is different from team to team . Example a high 1st has little value to Edmonton so they wouldn't want one back on a Draisaitl trade while the Duck's would love to have another high 1st . Draisaitl would have value to a contending team that is deep on D and has a 1A/1B goalie but needs an upgrade at centre to push them over the top .

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The fact remains that most posters on HF demand an overpayment for their players. In almost every case. rare is the trade proposal that is fair to both sides.

In this case, we have a proposal for an Oiler who actually would go for an overpayment and fans from other teams call us delusional. Draisaitl is a 100 point player and a Hart, Art Ross and Ted Lindsay award winner AND on a sweetheart multi year contract and somehow guys are off the table?

So yeah if the Ducks wanted Drai the Oilers would be right in demanding your best players. I understand how this would be too rich for Ducks fans taste. Totally get that. But if there is a player who would actually land an overpayment in a trade, it is Draisaitl.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The fact remains that most posters on HF demand an overpayment for their players. In almost every case. rare is the trade proposal that is fair to both sides.

In this case, we have a proposal for an Oiler who actually would go for an overpayment and fans from other teams call us delusional. Draisaitl is a 100 point player and a Hart, Art Ross and Ted Lindsay award winner AND on a sweetheart multi year contract and somehow guys are off the table?

So yeah if the Ducks wanted Drai the Oilers would be right in demanding your best players. I understand how this would be too rich for Ducks fans taste. Totally get that. But if there is a player who would actually land an overpayment in a trade, it is Draisaitl.
I think 99% or duck fans would prefer continue doing what we’re doing than go for draisitl. Would be counter productive for the team. A team might overpay for him but I don’t think Anaheim is among those teams

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think 99% or duck fans would prefer continue doing what we’re doing than go for draisitl. Would be counter productive for the team. A team might overpay for him but I don’t think Anaheim is among those teams

Totally okay for Anaheim to do that. Don't blame them one bit.

But let's all not be hypocrites. Draisaitl goes for a massive haul. Anyone saying he doesn't is full of B.S.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Well, it's better than Boston got for the Thornton trade.

But it still ain't gonna happen.
jack.gif

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Oilers sucking with 2 100 point hart winning trophy players….

oiler stupidity at its finest

oilers giving nurse 9.25 mil
More oiler stupidity at its finest

never finding a goalie for Mcdavids prime
Even more oiler stupidity

anaheim will stay the direction we’re going, with zegras mctavish gibson and lindholm (not making 9.5 million).
This has what to do with anybody actually being dumb enough to try to convince others that Zegras is untouchable when the other player coming back is Draisaitl. Literally has double the points of Zegras right now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This has what to do with anybody actually being dumb enough to try to convince others that Zegras is untouchable when the other player coming back is Draisaitl. Literally has double the points of Zegras right now.
The point is we wouldn’t move zegras for draisaitl right now based on the team structure… we’re much better off staying where we’re at.

I mean seriously we don’t even have like 60 point centers on our roster and we’re ahead of the oilers. Keep your 100 point hart trophy winners , we’re trying to build a championship team not a show pony farm

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
We didn't move Zegras+Gibson + + for Eichel, we're certainly not going to do Zegras + Gibson + + + + for an overpayment in division trade. Will he put up an astounding amount of points? yeah. but that leaves our goalies Dostal and Stolarz, and we lose whatever else goes in there. It aint worth it for the setback, no matter how good Drai is.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
For where Anaheim is, Zegras is practically untouchable. When you're in a rebuild and you land a high end future 1C, there's no way you get rid if it. Draisaitl is great, but his value to the Ducks is lower than the value Zegras holds for us. When you factor in the excitement Zegras has caused for our fan base, he gets even harder to trade than that. It's an easy no for any deal involving Zegras. Losing Gibby on top of that makes it something you can't even consider.

So you are saying that if Holland offered Draisaitl or McD staright for Zegras the Ducks would say no, correct?

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
We didn't move Zegras+Gibson + + for Eichel, we're certainly not going to do Zegras + Gibson + + + + for an overpayment in division trade. Will he put up an astounding amount of points? yeah. but that leaves our goalies Dostal and Stolarz, and we lose whatever else goes in there. It aint worth it for the setback, no matter how good Drai is.

If Eichel was 100% healthy I think that the Ducks would had made that trade, probably even pay more.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The point is we wouldn’t move zegras for draisaitl right now based on the team structure… we’re much better off staying where we’re at.

I mean seriously we don’t even have like 60 point centers on our roster and we’re ahead of the oilers. Keep your 100 point hart trophy winners , we’re trying to build a championship team not a show pony farm

We'll see how things are at the end of the season. You think the Ducks are building a championship team? They have a ways to go yet. But, fans need to be fans. I get it.

Jarvisx2000

Feb 4, 2019
I am a ducks fan. The chances of zegras becoming as good as draisaitl are very slim, steel was a throw in for cap and Gibson would hurt but the two young guys behind him both look promising and the ducks have a pretty good history when it comes to goaltenders. The only thing that would hold me back on my proposal is wether or not you could get drai resigned in 3 years. That was my thought process on the trade.

Reactions: TFHockey

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We'll see how things are at the end of the season. You think the Ducks are building a championship team? They have a ways to go yet. But, fans need to be fans. I get it.
I think we’re putting pieces together, trading 2-4 good pieces for draisitl doesn’t help us win now or in the future

Reactions: duckpuck

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
So you are saying that if Holland offered Draisaitl or McD staright for Zegras the Ducks would say no, correct?

The duck would accept that offer, but why are you pretending that such an offer would be made? FWIW - the ducks would also trade Zegras for McDavid straight up, in case you're wondering.

The problem is trading Zegras and multiple other significant assets that would gut the team playing around Draisaitl. That is the only plausible trade scenario - one that does not make sense for the ducks.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
The duck would accept that offer, but why are you pretending that such an offer would be made? FWIW - the ducks would also trade Zegras for McDavid straight up, in case you're wondering.

The problem is trading Zegras and multiple other significant assets that would gut the team playing around Draisaitl. That is the only plausible trade scenario - one that does not make sense for the ducks.

The post I was replying to was that Zegras is untradeable...

And the moment you agree that the Ducks would trade Zegras for Drai and that would be a steal, you are implicitely OK with Zegras + for Draisaitl, the only question being where do you draw the line at the "+++"...

Do the notion that Zegras is untreadeable in a Draisaitl disscussion is just a joke....

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad