Proposal: Ana - Edm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
In a vacuum the value is prob close. However from a real world prospective it sets the Ducks way back. We would be adding an older way more expensive player in a win now trade, while trading our only proven high end goalie. So the trade doesn't line up either way for the ducks.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
If they were all in then sure but hey can’t be all in while losing their number 1 goalie and their future first line center

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I prob wouldn’t do it from Anaheim perspective. No need to get that drastic…. We have a good thing going. Keep zegras mctavish Lundy and look for improvements on the wing.

I imagine oilers would want more, which easily takes us out of conversation

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
No reason for Ducks to do it. Drai is the best player in the deal, but Ducks aint contending. Why sell your future to be mediocre until Drai goes UFA? If Drai is moved, it will be to a team like Florida, Toronto, Carolina, Tampa etc. that can afford it without crippling their teams

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
value looks close. but problem is
Anaheim isn't really in a position to be moving guys they are developing. maybe if they were further along ready to make some noise but they are still in development stage. moving that for Drai just makes zero sense.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
I bet Anaheim fans will hate it.

As an Anaheim fan, no I don't hate it. I do have to ask though if the OP is brain damaged & if I should feel pity instead of hate.

Oiler fans would ask for Drysdale instead of Steel.

Ah, it's the entire fan base that's brain damaged ... I see :-p.

Drai's great & would look good playing in Anaheim but not at the cost of setting the rebuild back to essentially close to the starting point again. But as good as they've been this year (& they have, don't forget pre-season projections put them somewhere around 25-30th in the league this year), the Ducks still aren't ready to seriously compete. Adding such a major piece now would just be dumb & gut the rebuild with what would need to go back. Much like with all the Eichel nonsense over the summer, gutting the team to get 'one' player would seem to close that competitive window until right as that one player's contract is up.

Now given all the goalie woes in Edmonton, if you want to talk Gibson & a couple minor pieces for Drai, I'm sure that they'll listen. But as Anaheim has no reason/need to do such a deal, it's going to be painful for the Oilers (which is why they're probably going to be targeting one of the many serviceable goalies that are a tier or two below an on his game Gibson).

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
So Edmonton trades the 2nd best forward in the league for cap space (for now haha) a downgrade at center but more depth and a long term option in net.

I think the media would be ripping Holland a new one if he pulled the trigger on this deal, but Edmonton would probably be better off for it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So Edmonton trades the 2nd best forward in the league for cap space (for now haha) a downgrade at center but more depth and a long term option in net.

I think the media would be ripping Holland a new one if he pulled the trigger on this deal, but Edmonton would probably be better off for it.
Zegras would give that boring roster a little energy/spark

Edmonton prob better off trading for lindholm extended at 8 years 80 million

Last edited:

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Ducks would be worse than Edmonton after the deal. They'd have a bit more depth with, at best, the same goaltending problems Edmonton has now and much less top end talent. Especially if one or two of the UFA's leave.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
For where Anaheim is, Zegras is practically untouchable. When you're in a rebuild and you land a high end future 1C, there's no way you get rid if it. Draisaitl is great, but his value to the Ducks is lower than the value Zegras holds for us. When you factor in the excitement Zegras has caused for our fan base, he gets even harder to trade than that. It's an easy no for any deal involving Zegras. Losing Gibby on top of that makes it something you can't even consider.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
lol Zegras untouchable for a 100 pt hart winning player. Typical HF stupidity at its finest.
Oilers sucking with 2 100 point hart winning trophy players….

oiler stupidity at its finest

oilers giving nurse 9.25 mil
More oiler stupidity at its finest

never finding a goalie for Mcdavids prime
Even more oiler stupidity

anaheim will stay the direction we’re going, with zegras mctavish gibson and lindholm (not making 9.5 million).

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers sucking with 2 100 point hart winning trophy players….

oiler stupidity at its finest

oilers giving nurse 9.25 mil
More oiler stupidity at its finest

never finding a goalie for Mcdavids prime
Even more oiler stupidity

anaheim will stay the direction we’re going, with zegras mctavish gibson and lindholm (not making 9.5 million).
So instead of fixing the holes you think it is less stupid to trade away one 100pt player?

Also, Nurse would have gotten 9.5M this offseason had he hit the market and not signed with Edmonton.

Reactions: nturn06

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Who is the Hart Trophy winner in this deal again? Anaheim shouldn’t do it because they aren’t at the ideal stage of a rebuild for it, but LOL at the Ducks fans screaming “huge overpay.” Like get real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad