Speculation: ANA - DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Not too sure any club will want Fowler? Ducks might to retain and sweeten, no?
Wat?

Fowler is a #3 defensemen still with 2 years left. If the Ducks retain on him he is a sweet deal for a contender.

Why would the Ducks add to move him? Literally nothing to gain from it as a team with the most cap space in the league.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I think fowler to detroit makes a lot of sense, he’d fit nicely on their back end.

Id like to add Fowler to the Red Wings but with 8 D already penciled in its hard to see a fit.

Detroit would need to shed a body and while I like him I dont like him so much as to pay a lot for him.

If the classic HF proposal of Halak ryder and a 2nd interests Anahiem maybe something could materialize but if not I just dont see a fit.

In this case Halak Ryder and a 2nd would have to be something like Berggren/Veleno + Maatta + 2nd and I suspect Anahiem would prefer to keep their guy.

I wouldnt be motivated to offer up anything more than that though.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id like to add Fowler to the Red Wings but with 8 D already penciled in its hard to see a fit.

Detroit would need to shed a body and while I like him I dont like him so much as to pay a lot for him.

If the classic HF proposal of Halak ryder and a 2nd interests Anahiem maybe something could materialize but if not I just dont see a fit.

In this case Halak Ryder and a 2nd would have to be something like Berggren/Veleno + Maatta + 2nd and I suspect Anahiem would prefer to keep their guy.

I mean that’s in the ball park of what I’d think a trade would look like

Reactions: SirloinUB

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
I want to ponder a few different ideas here.

First is , what would a potential return look like for Fowler + Gibson.

Second, say for whatever reason Seider didn’t want to sign in Detroit. Could there also be a potential deal around McTavish, IF Seider were-to-be available?

how is this speculation. Sounds like it is wishful thinking

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Looked it up and Fox is a RHD so who else is more valuable than him? Drew Doughty? Weager? Trouba?

At minimum he’s 4th. I personally like his upside over Fox and McAvoy but I’m probably in the minority

The fact you didn’t know Fox was a RD and mentioned Trouba a guy playing currently at a bottom pairing level tells me all I need to know about how close you really follow all the players in the league. There’s nothing wrong with this, but you shouldn’t be telling poster who the 3rd or 4th best RD is. Hell even Weegar been playing LD for the Flames.

Seider is one of the best young RD in the league but he’s still growing into his role. Makar, McAvoy, Fox and left shooting Josi and Dahlin are both playing RD. You also have Hamilton back from injury last year.

Last edited:

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
The fact you didn’t know Fox was a RD and mentioned Trouba a guy playing currently at a bottom pairing level tells me all I need to know about how close you really follow all the players in the league. There’s nothing wrong with this, but you shouldn’t be telling poster who the 3rd or 4th best RD is. Hell even Weegar been playing LD for the Flames.

I’m proving a point. No I didn’t know what way Fox shoots. I don’t get why that matters when I’m watching hockey I’m not looking at each players handiness. I’m a die hard leafs fan and haven’t missed more than 10 games in a season since the early 2010s but I couldn’t tell you what way Mathews shoots off the top of my head. I think him, Tavares, Domi, and Patch shoot left. Marner and Nylander shoot right. I’m assuming I got one of those wrong.

But back to my point. After the top 4 (Seider) there is a cliff size drop off to the 5th best right shot dman which is imo Dobson or Doughty. Probably Dobson regular season and Doughty in playoffs.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’m proving a point. No I didn’t know what way Fox shoots. I don’t get why that matters when I’m watching hockey I’m not looking at each players handiness. I’m a die hard leafs fan and haven’t missed more than 10 games in a season since the early 2010s but I couldn’t tell you what way Mathews shoots off the top of my head. I think him, Tavares, Domi, and Patch shoot left. Marner and Nylander shoot right. I’m assuming I got one of those wrong.

But back to my point. After the top 4 (Seider) there is a cliff size drop off to the 5th best right shot dman which is imo Dobson or Doughty. Probably Dobson regular season and Doughty in playoffs.

That’s my point I also don’t care which way the player shoots. That’s why I list 2 left shots cause that actually are playing as RD. I care for the discussion sake which D actually play on the right side. Since Makar, Fox, McAvoy, Josi and Dahlin are all playing on their team as the top pairing RD there’s really no way to argue at this point in time that Seider is top 4 in the league. In a year or 2 he very well might be. I’m high on the player. That said, right now, he’s simply not better than any of those 5 guys listed.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
That’s my point I also don’t care which way the player shoots. That’s why I list 2 left shots cause that actually are playing as RD. I care for the discussion sake which D actually play on the right side. Since Makar, Fox, McAvoy, Josi and Dahlin are all playing on their team as the top pairing RD there’s really no way to argue at this point in time that Seider is top 4 in the league. In a year or 2 he very well might be. I’m high on the player. That said, right now, he’s simply not better than any of those 5 guys listed.
Well the debate was he was a top 5 right handed Dman in the NHL and you listed 5 players and 2 of them are left handed. If you asked Dahlin and Josi to use a right handed stick for a game I highly doubt they’d be better than Seider. The fact they play on the right side is irrelevant to my point.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

I’d rather keep him. He would likely get more at the deadline.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I’d rather keep him. He would likely get more at the deadline.

Yup that is not a good trade proposal although they did state that in the post as well. I also think Wings would try to unload Holl and pay a bit extra for that to get Fowler.

So basically Holl (+maybe another roster player) + prospect(s) + draft picks that includes at least an conditional 1st in 2025.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Again we have too many defenseman as it is.

Unless Anaheim would take a deal like Maatta + Holl + Berggren + conditional 2025 1st, there is no fit here.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Again we have too many defenseman as it is.

Unless Anaheim would take a deal like Maatta + Holl + Berggren + conditional 2025 1st, there is no fit here.

I think that’s in the ball park of a trade we’d be lookin for….

Only thing is we’d prob have to flip 1 of maataa or holl quickly

Even without Fowler we’re looking at
Mintyukov gudas
Dumo zellwegr
Lacombe luneau
Vaaks maatta holl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad