Speculation: ANA - DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So why isn't he signed? I get it it's a business but the guy is a cornerstone tent-pole piece and it's not like the team is in cap hell during a flat cap era.

Nobody knows what's really going on but a fair assumption is the two sides don't agree on money and or term obviously.

The fact that Raymond is also not signed kind of makes it look like Stevie is playing hardball which unless these two want an absolute overpayment which honestly is pretty doubtful since there's tons of comps to go off.

I see no reason why either wouldn't want to stay long-term so this really shouldn't be a difficult deal(s) to get done, especially MO. I get there are two sides so they have to find common ground but sheesh how far apart would they possibly have to be for it to drag on this long.

Is Stevie trying to pay the dead cap 8×8? Or is Mo asking for 12? Because 10 million seems about fair for your young #1 who according to wings fans plays the toughest minutes in the league.
What do wing fans think they are worth?
And who's to blame for the delay?
“We have cap space now so just sign him for anything he wants”….

Kyle Dubas, is that you?

Reactions: Henkka

iago

Apr 2, 2024
I’m just saying Seider is worth more than Carlsson for sure. He’s the 2nd or 3rd most valuable RHD behind Makar and maybe McAvoy (I’m trying to think if Fox is a RHD I’ll google after) point is he’s definitely more valuable then Leo.

If the wings had to trade him Centre is probably their weakest position. Behind Larkin they have Copp and Compher. In the minors they have Kasper and Danielson who maybe I’m in the minority but I find them very unexciting. Leo would be a great addition.

For the Ducks they get a true number 1 D which they don’t have. McTavish and Zegras are capable top 6 Cs. Honestly could be a win, win down the road.
No, that would not be a "win/win" for Detroit. RD is the weakest position in Detroits pipeline. The have no other #1 or #2 RD in their system for the next 2 -3 years. I would rather gamble on Danielson or Kasper to advance and fill the #2C position rather than finding 2 RD's, or finding one next year via trade or free agency. Seider is not going anywhere - end of story.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Everyone , including Ducks fans, are saying you’re dead wrong LOL
Not really. But, I don't really care enough to argue about it.

I’m just saying Seider is worth more than Carlsson for sure. He’s the 2nd or 3rd most valuable RHD behind Makar and maybe McAvoy (I’m trying to think if Fox is a RHD I’ll google after) point is he’s definitely more valuable then Leo.

If the wings had to trade him Centre is probably their weakest position. Behind Larkin they have Copp and Compher. In the minors they have Kasper and Danielson who maybe I’m in the minority but I find them very unexciting. Leo would be a great addition.

For the Ducks they get a true number 1 D which they don’t have. McTavish and Zegras are capable top 6 Cs. Honestly could be a win, win down the road.

lol, come on man.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Not really. But, I don't really care enough to argue about it.

lol, come on man.
Looked it up and Fox is a RHD so who else is more valuable than him? Drew Doughty? Weager? Trouba?

At minimum he’s 4th. I personally like his upside over Fox and McAvoy but I’m probably in the minority

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Fowler + Gibson
<>
Holl + Husso + incentives.

Cap could work best at the trade deadline. Wings could build some room for this.

Think Albert Johansson could move as one of the incentives, because Fowler would eat his spot for near future. And there's a surplus of forward prospects now who could leave, which Verbeek knows as being the moment with Yzerman at Wings.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Don’t think the naming of Gudas as “Captain” this early in camp, wasn’t interpreted as a “shots fired” moment, directed at a certain long time, very loyal player, in hopes he’ll open up his trade protection.

It’s certainly a nail in Fowler’s coffin, but if the Ducks think he’s going to open up his trade protection, just so they can get more than the speculated deal (from 1 of his 4 approved destinations), they’re only delaying the inevitable.

He’s just not going to do that when he knows they’re in talks with one of his approved teams.

Once again. Cam is content playing for Anaheim, or 1 of the 4 teams on his list. If you have a deal with another team, approach him with that deal. Expecting him to blindly open things up though? It’s not gonna happen..

It’s one of the oddest things “some” GMs do. It’s as if they refuse to do the leg work, unless they already know the player will agree. As if they’re embarrassed to waste another manager’s time. When in reality, it’s really simple. Go get a deal, then see if he’ll accept it. If not, trade him to an approved team, or take him off the market.

Maybe Verbeek is scared he’ll end up looking like Ottawa did after the Debrincat saga. Where the Islanders basically told the rest of the league, Debrincat wasn’t signing anywhere but Detroit. So basically telling other teams, not to waste their time. Debrincat was in Detroit a week later..

It’s safe to say Fowler has now accepted they’re intent on moving him sooner than he originally expected. Still doubt he’ll walk out of camp though. If he does that, it makes him look bad for not blindly opening things up.

Needless to say, it’s gonna be uncomfortable until the trade goes down. Even if they pull him off the market, like Calgary did with Hanifin this time last year.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Don’t think the naming of Gudas as “Captain” this early in camp, wasn’t interpreted as a “shots fired” moment, directed at a certain long time, very loyal player, in hopes he’ll open up his trade protection.

It’s certainly a nail in Fowler’s coffin, but if the Ducks think he’s going to open up his trade protection, just so they can get more than the speculated deal (from 1 of his 4 approved destinations), they’re only delaying the inevitable.

He’s just not going to do that when he knows they’re in talks with one of his approved teams.

Once again. Cam is content playing for Anaheim, or 1 of the 4 teams on his list. If you have a deal with another team, approach him with that deal. Expecting him to blindly open things up though? It’s not gonna happen..

It’s one of the oddest things “some” GMs do. It’s as if they refuse to do the leg work, unless they already know the player will agree. As if they’re embarrassed to waste another manager’s time. When in reality, it’s really simple. Go get a deal, then see if he’ll accept it. If not, trade him to an approved team, or take him off the market.

Maybe Verbeek is scared he’ll end up looking like Ottawa did after the Debrincat saga. Where the Islanders basically told the rest of the league, Debrincat wasn’t signing anywhere but Detroit. So basically telling other teams, not to waste their time. Debrincat was in Detroit a week later..

It’s safe to say Fowler has now accepted they’re intent on moving him sooner than he originally expected. Still doubt he’ll walk out of camp though. If he does that, it makes him look bad for not blindly opening things up.

Needless to say, it’s gonna be uncomfortable until the trade goes down. Even if they pull him off the market, like Calgary did with Hanifin this time last year.
Not too sure any club will want Fowler? Ducks might to retain and sweeten, no?

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I don't think anyone views Seider as the 4th most valuable RHD in the league.

Bouchard, Dobson, Faber come to mind.
lol what. You’re in the minority here trust me make a poll. Faber? Looked great last year but he’s not in the same breath as the other 2 you mentioned. Bouchard is a product of the oilers PP he’s mediocre in his own end and soft as butter. Dobson i personally like the most of the 3. I think he’s a 2 way stud but definitely not on the same tier of Seider imo. I’d put Dobson 5th behind him then doughty ahead of Faber and Bouchard

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
lol what. You’re in the minority here trust me make a poll. Faber? Looked great last year but he’s not in the same breath as the other 2 you mentioned. Bouchard is a product of the oilers PP he’s mediocre in his own end and soft as butter. Dobson i personally like the most of the 3. I think he’s a 2 way stud but definitely not on the same tier of Seider imo. I’d put Dobson 5th behind him then doughty ahead of Faber and Bouchard

Happy to make one.

On my phone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad