Confirmed with Link: [ANA/DET] Robby Fabbri and 2025 4th round pick for Gage Alexander

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
He could be a decent third line player for us. Not great, but decent. Plus a fourth round draft choice, for whatever that is worth, which is an extra dart throw at a player with about a 10% chance of turning into an NHL player of some sort (odds from dobblerprospects.com). Maybe we can turn him into another draft choice at the trade deadline, so we can get two draft choices out of this deal instead of just one.

Losing Alexander was just an added benefit from this deal. He was by far the weakest of our goalie prospects and would almost certainly be gone after his ELC expired. We still have, according to Cap Friendly (yes, it is still working as of today), 8 additional contract slots for the season. So perhaps we have another signing/trade or two to look forward to.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
blackhole defensively. The ducks have a lot of those at forward right now.

We need a gritty two way forward and a true top 6 so I’m kinda surprised by this acquisition of a depth scorer only type. It’s good value wise as usual with Verbeek

Oct 18, 2011
This would've been great 5 years ago, but atleast it's a competent NHL player and it's someone to play with Terry or Z that will shoot the puck.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Well, while is often injured, he did play 68 games and was close to his career highs in every category. So at least he didn't miss an entire season or something.

If he plays healthy in a top 6 role for us he will have a career year. But he might not even play half a season. For where we're at, it makes no difference probably.

It's fine, upside is there with this deal and the downside does not matter to us whatsoever.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Still under 30 and put up some decent numbers in Detroit. Not a bad move here. Desperately need guys that have produced and while not elite production you take it over McGinn and Harkins who had a combined 8 points last year

That was the most shocking takeaway I had from yesterday, feels like Fabbri has been around forever

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Guy had 18 goals and 37 points in 72 games as a 20 year old before blowing out his knee.

Definitely an easy guy to root for.

He's always shown a ton of heart, that's one thing that was highly evident at a young age and doesn't seem to have faded. I don't have anything bad to say about this move because I think he'll be a good example for the young guys - dude has battled through a lot and will still bring it every chance he gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad