Confirmed with Link: [ANA/DET] Robby Fabbri and 2025 4th round pick for Gage Alexander

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Verbeek wanted a Top 6 forward and a Top 4D so he settled for a Bottom 6 forward and bottom pairing D?

major-league-harry-doyle.gif

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Decent depth pickup to get to our cap floor. Not exactly the hard to play against right shot winger, but at least maybe a potential scorer for Zegras to work with. At least his contract is expiring and is just 28 years old so there is some upside.

Curious why they couldn't bundle in Gibson and Husso... I guess Yzerman is passing on that...

Reactions: Kalv

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Not disappointed at all — in fact, quite pleased with the move on its own. However, seeing what SJS received for taking on Wallman, I can't help but feel Verbeek could've extracted a bit more from Yzerman.
Yes, call me a greedy SOB.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I always got the impression that Detroit's management really appreciated Fabbri's character, especially given all he has gone through injury-wise. Given that Verbeek would've witnessed this firsthand, it's not a surprise that he's a guy Verbeek would want to bring in during the rebuild.
Hear good things about Dumoulin's locker room presence, too.

The kids need all the help they can get in that area.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i mean, it's a trade

alexander was at the bottom of the depth chart and the fact that they were even able to get a 4th for him is pretty decent. didn't know fabbri was still in the league

Reactions: robbieboy3686

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
i mean, it's a trade

alexander was at the bottom of the depth chart and the fact that they were even able to get a 4th for him is pretty decent. didn't know fabbri was still in the league
The 4th is to take Fabbri's contract. Alexander was worth nothing. Probably had to send them something back just to clear space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad