Rumor: ANA-DET John Gibson to Detroit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
On Soccer Reddit they have a tier system for insiders to gauge their reliability and insight. If we had something like that here Pagnotta would not rank highly. If Bob McKenzie wondered about DET and Gibson, I would take notice. If Friedman said it, I would raise an eyebrow. If Pagnotta says it, I sleep.

Does Bob McKenzie even "wonder" about potential trades anymore? He's essentially retired besides for draft polling and some Free Agent Frenzy work.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The timeline for Gibson makes sense as the veteran to bridge the gap to Cossa/Augustine.
I assume Husso would be coming back, but no clue how Detroit’s cap situation is(other than that Walman trade earlier seemed really weird)

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
I still think Gibson will turn it around with a better team in front of him, but I'm over hoping for anything of value for him. I honestly have loved him as a player and at this point would like to see him have some success somewhere.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Yzerman didn't say it super direct but in the pre-draft press conference he didn't seem pleased with Cossa's development (also evident in the drafting of Augustine) - basing this off the way he talked about Cossa and its adjacency to Yzerman using the word "disappointing" several times - probably more for his playoff performance than his regular season performance. It would make sense for him to pick up a goalie to bridge to at least Augustine. I think the original Yzerplan was to have Cossa up by now.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
This looks like speculation (at best) but Gibson for Husso + B asset has been kicked around a fair bit on our boards in the past few weeks.
It would be so dumb to do this. Husso has zero upside. Gibson has shown he still has the ability to be an elite goalie at times over the past 3 years.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It would be so dumb to do this. Hudson has zero upside. Gibson has shown he still has the ability to be an elite goalie at times over the past 3 years.

We have a goalie who is ready to take the 1A role and it's time to give Gibby a fresh start IMO. I still do believe he can be a great goalie but I think he needs a clean slate elsewhere

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Yzerman didn't say it super direct but in the pre-draft press conference he didn't seem pleased with Cossa's development (also evident in the drafting of Augustine) - basing this off the way he talked about Cossa and its adjacency to Yzerman using the word "disappointing" several times - probably more for his playoff performance than his regular season performance. It would make sense for him to pick up a goalie to bridge to at least Augustine. I think the original Yzerplan was to have Cossa up by now.
lol wut cossa played amazing this year. Finished the regular season with better stats than guys picked at similar picks around him.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad