Post-Game Talk: An unenthusiastic PGT - Predators 6, Jets 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
How is it unrealistic when we were already doing it when Chef went down? Plenty of games where the TOI was managed in a balanced manner. That was also the best hockey we have ever played.

I also have an opinion about your bias but how about we leave that childish talk to the children.

It is unrealstic because Scheifele is back. Wheeler and Scheifele are our best and most effective players.

I have no player bias. I treat all Jets players fairly. I refuse to tear down one Jet player just to try and elevate others. There is so much of this going on this year it's insane. Between Ehlers Little and Armia etc Your attempt to pull down Wheeler in this thread is exactly that.

Reactions: Festinator

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I think people are letting the final dzone shift of the Scheifele line cloud their judgment a bit. They where fine defensively outside of one shift last night.

Exactly.....someone gets it

Reactions: GNP

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
It is unrealstic because Scheifele is back. Wheeler and Scheifele are our best and most effective players.

I have no player bias. I treat all Jets players fairly. I refuse to tear down one Jet player just to try and elevate others. There is so much of this going on this year it's insane. Between Ehlers Little and Armia etc Your attempt to pull down Wheeler in this thread is exactly that.

Nice misdirection. I am not trying to "pull down" anyone.

Can you tell me what exactly is unrealistic about a balanced TOI distribution that was already done in multiple games?

Are you denying that the CSW line is a weak corsi line, if this is what you are referring to?

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Nice misdirection. I am not trying to "pull down" anyone.

Can you tell me what exactly is unrealistic about a balanced TOI that was already done in multiple games?

Are you denying that the CSW line is a weak corsi line, if this is what you are referring to?

You obviously haven't read a thing I wrote. I'll clarify in point form and add a few more obvious details.

- no team has balanced TOI. That's a pipe dream that will never happen in today's NHL. With three 90 second time outs per period and special team time it just doesn't happen unless the game is a blow out.

- Maurice has never run balanced TOI Scheifele averages over 20 min/GM

- Jets were ahead 5-3

-why would Maurice abandon his matchup game at this point. Why would he abandon it at 5-4? Why would he abandon it at 5-5. Your suggestion defies logic. Coaches don't change on a whim

It's not a misdirection at all. It's truth

What does Corsi have to do with my argument?I haven't mentioned it once in this thread. And you are talking about misdirection?

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
I actually thought CSW ESL and HCA were all pretty good last night. I liked what Roslo did away from P and L but thought P and L struggled big time.

Nashville 100 percent healthy. We missing 2 pretty key pieces.. 3 if you include Toby.
Perreault and Little were really ineffective yesterday. Nashvile will add 2 forward pieces for the playoffs though, one that will be or was a good defensive C and the other a dynamic offensive winger, or could be that.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
He shouldn't be so rigid about it. The Stastny line could have handled any line, and CSW was struggling defensively. He should feel the game more and act accordingly. You are right that he shouldn't count minutes, but he also shouldn't be so inflexible about it.
Where do you come up with this? How do you know they could have handled any line? CSW was struggling defensively? Josi killed just about everyone he was on the ice against last night.

Myers/Kuli, Chiarot/Morrow and Helle were struggling defensively, that was the story of the game. My only question for Maurice was why he even bothered with 7-70 in the last 9 minutes up by 2. Probably because the only reliable pair all night were 33-44. Missing 2 of your top 4 D and your best shutdown C is going to hurt against one of he top 2 teams in the league. Maurice can't do much about that.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
nashville is far from being a perfect team.
but their execution and game plan are excellent. their stretch offense and forecheck were excellent.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Oh boy. That's not good.
Why? They don't play till Friday and he can use rest. Wouldn't be opposed to Hutch getting the start Friday either, not because of Helle's last game but just time to get him another start and Detroit would be a good spot.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Helle was terrible. Must be Hutchs fault.
Do you want to start Hutch over Helly ? One bad game by Helly , he's been top 10 in stats almost all year . Everyone loves the back up until you have to play the back up . Why would Maurice pull Helly when we were leading almost the whole game ? That being said Helly had his worst game of the year .

Reactions: JetBlue420

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
If Hutch played last night we still lose cuz Hutch isnt very good. Ppl have a fascination on this site about players who just arent good enough.. Hutch.. Postma.. Petan.. Dano.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
nashville is far from being a perfect team.
but their execution and game plan are excellent. their stretch offense and forecheck were excellent.
Their entire game is about an active D, if the Jets have an equal in this respect it's the Preds. Although I think when healthy the Jets can deliver it more consistently 1 thru 6.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Lots of angst over nothing.
One game.
The D corps other than Buff and Jomo
were PUTRID last night.
Helle didn’t have his best stuff.
I don’t get the Little criticism at all.
Just tighten it up in our zone and we should be golden.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
If Hutch played last night we still lose cuz Hutch isnt very good. Ppl have a fascination on this site about players who just arent good enough.. Hutch.. Postma.. Petan.. Dano.
You can speculate we lose but saying we would have is just your opinion. Hutch has played well enough this year and before to not make winning yesterdays game a stretch.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Myers looked really bad all game last night. He is so inconsistent. Sometimes he looks like a #2 other times he looks like a #6. We really need Trouba back to limit his ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad