Colorado
The following players from the YOG Gold Medal squad didn't make the NTDP team:

• F -Ryan Savage
  • F -TJ Walsh
  • D - Christian Krygier
  • D - Jacob Semik
  • G - Drew DeRidder
  • G - Todd Scott

Surprised at no Walsh as previously described. He's really talented, but the '00 forward group is loaded. I imagine they didn't see him as a lock for the top 6.

Also surprised at no Krygier and DeRidder. They were both excellent at the YOG. Two Minnesotans in goal, so they weren't options for the YOG, and they're both bigger than DeRidder.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Also surprised at no Krygier and DeRidder. They were both excellent at the YOG. Two Minnesotans in goal, so they weren't options for the YOG, and they're both bigger than DeRidder.

Maybe it's a Walsh sort of situation with Krygier? Knowing Wilde, Miller, and the Samuelssons (who both had great camps) were ahead of him affected the decision?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
biggest omission for me is Brinkman as from everything I heard this kid should be a top 4 on this team. very confused on this one to be honest, but still loaded overall like the 92 blue line was a few years back.

Krygier is a bit shocking due to his YOG performance but only so many spots to go around and you likely had to pick both Samuelsson kids and not just one- package deal (though both deserving).

lots of great forwards and only so much room for them.

and I would like to reiterate again, Blade Jenkins is the real deal!

smalt021

Oct 19, 2011
STL
biggest omission for me is Brinkman as from everything I heard this kid should be a top 4 on this team. very confused on this one to be honest, but still loaded overall like the 92 blue line was a few years back.

Krygier is a bit shocking due to his YOG performance but only so many spots to go around and you likely had to pick both Samuelsson kids and not just one- package deal (though both deserving).

YHH has learned that three players declined their invite - Ben Brinkman (Edina HS), Gavin Hain (Grand Rapids HS) and Jaxon Nelson (Luverne HS)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't get why you would go to this camp if you were planning on turning the offer down...seems weird to me. these kids knew this group would be loaded so if you had any feeling you wouldn't get a top role, then why go unless you want to stay in good graces with USA Hockey and just show up and go through the motions.

dwanmaster*

I don't get why you would go to this camp if you were planning on turning the offer down...seems weird to me. these kids knew this group would be loaded so if you had any feeling you wouldn't get a top role, then why go unless you want to stay in good graces with USA Hockey and just show up and go through the motions.

To see where you stack up against the best players in the nation?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
To see where you stack up against the best players in the nation?

they get that every year at Select Festivals.

well a few of them found out and then turned down the offer for the best junior team in North America for draftees? this isn't the first time we see these things, the USNDP isn't for everyone, but I see more guys not coming to the camp over turning it down. just weird as a few other kids would have loved the chance to show "their stuff" and have every intention of accepting if invited.

I am not *****ing about this, just find it weird is all.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia

Package deal? They aren't brothers.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Jenkins goes 4th and Weiss goes 15th in the OHL draft. NTDP roster shakeup coming before the season even starts? More likely one and done.

Last edited:

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Gotcha. Do you know where they plan to play?

Nelson will play with Sioux Falls in the USHL.

Brinkman is only a ninth grader and he's a three sport athlete. Apparently he wants to keep playing all three sports so I think it's a safe bet he'll return to Edina.

I would imagine Hain will return to Grand Rapids.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Nelson will play with Sioux Falls in the USHL.

Brinkman is only a ninth grader and he's a three sport athlete. Apparently he wants to keep playing all three sports so I think it's a safe bet he'll return to Edina.

I would imagine Hain will return to Grand Rapids.

Thanks man.

Christian Krygier goes in the late rounds to London, so that answers that question.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Saginaw and Sarnia went pretty heavy on US kids...London does their usual few US kids and eve Hamilton went pretty solid with US kids.

I have been talking about Blade Jenkins as one of the next bright ones, but even I am shocked he went 4th with his USNDP commitment. Pretty crazy, then Saginaw follows that up with Bode Wilde..could be a special draft if they get both to come at some point. Two very high picks on US kids with the USNDP. Same with Weiss at 15.

Surprised Krygier went as low as he did, he likely reports but still shocked there...kind of like how low Cam Dineen went which made no sense to me either at the time.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Saginaw and Sarnia went pretty heavy on US kids...London does their usual few US kids and eve Hamilton went pretty solid with US kids.

I have been talking about Blade Jenkins as one of the next bright ones, but even I am shocked he went 4th with his USNDP commitment. Pretty crazy, then Saginaw follows that up with Bode Wilde..could be a special draft if they get both to come at some point. Two very high picks on US kids with the USNDP. Same with Weiss at 15.

Surprised Krygier went as low as he did, he likely reports but still shocked there...kind of like how low Cam Dineen went which made no sense to me either at the time.

You think he goes to the OHL when his dad is a USHL coach? Cant look good for his father and the USHL path if you send your own child to the OHL. I dont think that will sit well with USHL brass.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Krygier signed a tender with the Lincoln Stars of the USHL.

It makes sense as Lincoln's GM used to work with Todd Krygier in Muskegon.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Who are the 2000 USHL tenders so far?

- Curtis Hall, Youngstown
- Jaxon Nelson, Sioux Falls
- TJ Walsh, Cedar Rapids
- Max Ellis, Youngstown
- Calen Kiefiuk, Bloomington
- Christian Krygier, Lincoln

Missing any?

Also, couple quick question for USA followers:

1) When guys are "called up" at points in the season for the U17's...like Sadlocha this season...does that mean they will be part of the U18's moving forward or is it more of a trial with no guarantees?

2) Is there any indication on where Mittelstadt will play next year? His EP page says his commitment to to Gophers is for 17-18, although I know that could potentially be moved up. Otherwise it is stay in high school or Green Bay, correct? I know Tufte stayed in high school this year and is doing just fine as a top draft prospect but it seems Mittelstadt may be an even more advanced prospect and I was wondering what the odds were he'd be in the NCAA next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad