American Prospect Update Thread - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Will the full NTDP roster be released this week?

Probably not the full roster, but a good chuck of the first commitments should be announced later this week before the OHL draft on Saturday, April 9th.

For reference, last year they named their first 10 commitments on Thursday, April 9th, two days before the OHL draft.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
With both Logan Brown and Casey Mittelstadt already added to the IIHF U18 squad, it'll be interesting to see who else USAH adds for the tournament. Kailer Yamamoto is now available, and assuming he's fully healthy, should be added as well. The NTDP U18 team's forward group is really underwhelming beyond the top line (Keller/Bellows/Anderson), especially because guys like Pastujov, Khodorenko, and McPhee have fallen far short of their hype, so adding those three would go a long way to shore up the scoring depth. Scott Reedy from the U17s has been up with the U18s for the last 7 games, but I don't think he'd help much at the U18s.

Additionally, guys like Cam Dineen and Jakob Chychrun :)popcorn:) could be available on the back-end as well as both are facing game sevens in the OHL playoffs.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
It seems like Khodorenko might have already been sent down. That puts them at 13 forwards with Mittelstadt, Reedy, and Brown. Obviously they could demote others to make room.

They have 8 D on the roster, but could surely demote a couple to make room for one big gun back there.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
would love to see Yamamoto added as well, but he has been banged up a bunch so he might want to rest.

I hope he comes because you would now have an insane trio of Brown, Yamamoto, and Mittelstadt as a second line potential that would be hard to stop.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Michael Campoli is the D demoted for those that like to track that stuff.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Surprised to see Logan Brown on there -- does participation in this tournament lock him in to representing the US internationally?

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Surprised to see Logan Brown on there -- does participation in this tournament lock him in to representing the US internationally?

Yep, at least as far as other IIHF tournaments (including the Olympics) go. Once you represent a team in an IIHF tournament you are locked in.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm surprised. He's similar to Weiss but I liked Weiss more at the YOG. I'm guessing they didn't see Walsh in the top 6. As of now, the '00 forward group is loaded though.

Not even top-6? Wise, Wahlstrom, Weiss, DeBoer, Pivonka? Am I missing someone? IMO Walsh would easily be in the top-6. Weird.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don't know. Blade Jenkins maybe? Based on hype Walsh would be there, but it's USAH so they're likely not pegging the most skilled for the top 6.

Ah, I forgot about Jenkins. I guess that would theoretically make sense, even though I disagree with USAH on many points, specifically their obsession with the old-school top-6/bottom-6 mentality.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
He is a dual citizen. How do you know he did not leave on his own?

Think we would have heard a lot more about that lol. I know you defend him, but he fell off the map this year. Which other D would you have demoted?

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
No TJ Walsh?

He tendered with a USHL team a few days ago. I was as shocked as you are but if the team told him he wasn't likely to play top-6 minutes (over Wise, Wahlstrom, Jenkins, Weiss, DeBoer, and Pivonka, I suspect is the clear top-6) then he probably decided that getting top minutes with a USHL team would be better for his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad