Amazon Prime Monday Night Hockey

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
OT but going to ask here while I've got you. I have two TV's I watch on, one laptop. I run a Firestick on one TV and have no complaints. I've run a Roku on several TV's in the past and generally no complaints.

Right now I am running SN app directly through one of my TV's and it is painful, in fact the whole HiSense TV is painful, terrible WiFi even though my signal is strong down in the basement, slow to load everything at the best of times.

If I go through a Roku or buy another Firestick is this likely to be solved? Is Apple TV the gold standard? This is a general question about what the best plug in device to stream on a TV is (hockey in particular) but also if going direct through the TV is generally the worst option, or if HiSense TV's just suck.

Thanks.
I would say it’s the HiSense TV, I have no issues on my OLED, a friend had a similar issue as you on a lower end TV, told him to try a Roku or firestick. Never had another issue.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Any thought regarding the first day of Prime Monday Night Hockey?? I think production quality, sound quality blows Rogers Sportsnet out of the water. They have a much cleaner graphics, score bar and the panel seems pretty professional.

Sportsnet plus has been complete garbage in Canada for reliability due to glitches and constant errors.
Well despite having Amazon Prime I couldn't watch the game on Prime for some reason. I also have ESPN+, but it was blacked out there too. So I took to the high seas.

Honestly, I pay very little attention to the presentation of different studios. I really only watch the game on the ice. It was annoying how hard to access this game was, though.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
So Prime Monday Night Hockey is only for Canada and not US? I thought all Amazon subscribers would be able to watch it but I guess they dont have broadcast rights from ESPN.

That is about the only good thing about these new TelusTV+ boxes: being Android you can install a VPN right on your subscription box lol

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Well despite having Amazon Prime I couldn't watch the game on Prime for some reason. I also have ESPN+, but it was blacked out there too. So I took to the high seas.

Honestly, I pay very little attention to the presentation of different studios. I really only watch the game on the ice. It was annoying how hard to access this game was, though.
Are you in Canada or US
Prime only available to Canadians.
I assume you’re in the states with ESPN+.
Everyone else in the states have said they watched in on ESPN+ with no issues.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Are you in Canada or US
Prime only available to Canadians.
I assume you’re in the states with ESPN+.
Everyone else in the states have said they watched in on ESPN+ with no issues.
USA... That was my assumption that it was Canadian Prime that could watch it, which I don't really understand but whatever. ESPN+ was blacked out since I'm in Pittsburgh and I don't have my SurfShark sub anymore.

Annoying how inaccessible these games are. Even if I could have figured it out, I'd rather just watch it through other means and not give them my viewership number just for making it a PITA to actually watch the game. If I have multiple services which the game is available I should be able to watch it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
USA... That was my assumption that it was Canadian Prime that could watch it, which I don't really understand but whatever.
Sportsnet sold its Monday games to Prime is the reason.

ESPN+ was blacked out since I'm in Pittsburgh and I don't have my SurfShark sub anymore.
ahh that explains it, regional rights since Pittsburgh game. Would have to watch on the local regional Pittsburgh channel.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Sportsnet sold its Monday games to Prime is the reason.

ahh that explains it, regional rights since Pittsburgh game. Would have to watch on the local regional Pittsburgh channel.
Yep, stupid and annoying. Anti-consumer crap. I cut cable years ago and will never go back. I wouldn't mind using the services I already have, but if that's not possible there are plenty of other ways to watch.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

You are probably located in US. Amazon geoblocked it.

People have tried to help several times. Including you and I, poster refuses help and won’t answer a single question posed.
Just wants to continue being stubborn,

It’s becoming funny now. Until poster answers some debugging questions, just leave it be now, you can’t help someone that doesn’t want it. All great suggestions btw.
Yeah, definitely cant help someone that is set in his own ways and doesnt want help. He is so adamant that Prime is the problem.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
USA... That was my assumption that it was Canadian Prime that could watch it, which I don't really understand but whatever. ESPN+ was blacked out since I'm in Pittsburgh and I don't have my SurfShark sub anymore.

Annoying how inaccessible these games are. Even if I could have figured it out, I'd rather just watch it through other means and not give them my viewership number just for making it a PITA to actually watch the game. If I have multiple services which the game is available I should be able to watch it.
If you have a firestick, you can just reset and sign into it using a Canadian amazon account (could be created separately for free) then install VPN on it to access Canadian Prime video. Or you can just access canadian prime video on your computer with a VPN and cast to your TV.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I'll have to look harder I guess but I cant seem to figure out how to watch this 2 days later on prime . It says ''event over'' and nothing seems to lead me to believe its archived
The video is still available on the phone app. Not sure about the TV app though.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
People have tried to help several times. Including you and I, poster refuses help and won’t answer a single question posed.
Just wants to continue being stubborn,

It’s becoming funny now. Until poster answers some debugging questions, just leave it be now, you can’t help someone that doesn’t want it. All great suggestions btw.
Yeah, definitely cant help someone that is set in his own ways and doesnt want help. He is so adamant that Prime is the problem.
I'll have to look harder I guess but I cant seem to figure out how to watch this 2 days later on prime . It says ''event over'' and nothing seems to lead me to believe its archived
How do I watch replays of Prime Monday Night Hockey games I missed? Game replays are available on the NHL Collection page, accessible from the NHL tile on the Sports page. NHL Coast to Coast game replays are not available after the broadcast.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
OT but going to ask here while I've got you. I have two TV's I watch on, one laptop. I run a Firestick on one TV and have no complaints. I've run a Roku on several TV's in the past and generally no complaints.

Right now I am running SN app directly through one of my TV's and it is painful, in fact the whole HiSense TV is painful, terrible WiFi even though my signal is strong down in the basement, slow to load everything at the best of times.

If I go through a Roku or buy another Firestick is this likely to be solved? Is Apple TV the gold standard? This is a general question about what the best plug in device to stream on a TV is (hockey in particular) but also if going direct through the TV is generally the worst option, or if HiSense TV's just suck.

Thanks.
TVs in general have slow network capabilities for both wifi and wired. That's why people prefer to stream everything from a standalone box instead. ATV, Nvidia Shield, PS5 etc. all have much faster processors and networking speed.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
If you have a firestick, you can just reset and sign into it using a Canadian amazon account (could be created separately for free) then install VPN on it to access Canadian Prime video. Or you can just access canadian prime video on your computer with a VPN and cast to your TV.
I could do all of that, I know how to and have done similar things in the past for other programs. But I'm just not inclined to do a work-around for something that I can just watch by other means... It may sound petty, but I don't even want to give them my viewership number at this point.

Sorry, not trying to be difficult like that other fellow, I'm just fed up with juggling a half-dozen streaming services and still dealing with regional restrictions and blackouts. Guess I really should re-up my VPN anyway lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad