Amazon Prime Monday Night Hockey

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
I wasn't seeing HDR through the Prime Video app on my Apple TV (latest model, latest updates). Then I switched to my iPad Pro and saw NHL hockey in glorious HDR for the first time!

I thought the sound was much higher quality, like an earlier poster said, likely to due to using more modern compression codecs. If this is the future of what hockey broadcasts can be, I am here for it. Specifically, I didn't miss the "shwooshiness" of the crowd & skating sounds on Rogers so-called broadcasts.

Just need an option to turn off the commentary and enjoy the arena ambience. :)

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Thought it was great.

Only issue I can think of is Messier on the Panel. He seemed to really struggle with his thoughts. Even saying old cliches seemed a bit much for him.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Yep it’s only Canada but after tonite I’m impressed and hopefully Amazon gets the national rights not only in Canada but the USA as well, anything is better than ESPN and Sportsnet.
I mean, I'm not complaining about getting a good amount of the games for $10.99 a month on ESPN+. The Apple TV app has a multicast feature that lets you put 4 games on the screen, I mostly use that to quickly switch around between them. It's great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad