Amazon Prime Monday Night Hockey

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Any thought regarding the first day of Prime Monday Night Hockey?? I think production quality, sound quality blows Rogers Sportsnet out of the water. They have a much cleaner graphics, score bar and the panel seems pretty professional.

Sportsnet plus has been complete garbage in Canada for reliability due to glitches and constant errors.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Pretty impressed with the stream and I have audio off
I have audio on my sonos system and when the goal horn goes off, its like being in the damn arena. So loud and immersive, which is pretty amazing. I think sportsnet used iphones to record arena sounds 🤣

Definitely a better overall product than Sportsnet.
I'd like them or some digital platform to have the balls to allow viewers the ability to turn off the commentary and allow just the real ambient/PA arena audio.
I dont mind Prime commentary, they have been pretty good so far. Maybe they will have that feature down the road.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Any thought regarding the first day of Prime Monday Night Hockey?? I think production quality, sound quality blows Rogers Sportsnet out of the water. They have a much cleaner graphics, score bar and the panel seems pretty professional.

Sportsnet plus has been complete garbage in Canada for reliability due to glitches and constant errors.

I just go on mute during sportsnet intermission

So far it's been great. Nothing to complain about, the overall product delivery is top notch
Not trying too much to know about hockey or funny.

I hate it during sportsnet intermission and their cringe funny chemistry

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I wish this was a thing in the US Market. I think the only innovation I appreciate ESPN doing is the Frozen Frenzy but Prime can do something like that every week. I despise ESPN and wish TNT and Prime were the primary media outlets.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I wish this was a thing in the US Market. I think the only innovation I appreciate ESPN doing is the Frozen Frenzy but Prime can do something like that every week. I despise ESPN and wish TNT and Prime were the primary media outlets.
So Prime Monday Night Hockey is only for Canada and not US? I thought all Amazon subscribers would be able to watch it but I guess they dont have broadcast rights from ESPN.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
So Prime Monday Night Hockey is only for Canada and not US? I thought all Amazon subscribers would be able to watch it but I guess they dont have broadcast rights from ESPN.
Yep it’s only Canada but after tonite I’m impressed and hopefully Amazon gets the national rights not only in Canada but the USA as well, anything is better than ESPN and Sportsnet.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Prime uses higher bitrate quality for video and audio than TV broadcasters do. They also use more advanced codecs. This is why it looks so much better.

This is also true for “channels” purchased through Prime. They look better than the actual channel does on TV or even the streaming version on the company’s website.

I had a strong feeling that hockey on Prime would be very enjoyable to watch.

The only major flaw I’ve seen is how big of a role that Messier has in terms of analysis. If they can swap him for someone better, they’d be a 10/10 for me.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Prime uses higher bitrate quality for video and audio than TV broadcasters do. They also use more advanced codecs. This is why it looks so much better.

This is also true for “channels” purchased through Prime. They look better than the actual channel does on TV or even the streaming version on the company’s website.

I had a strong feeling that hockey on Prime would be very enjoyable to watch.

The only major flaw I’ve seen is how big of a role that Messier has in terms of analysis. If they can swap him for someone better, they’d be a 10/10 for me.
They are already a 10/10 for me even with Messier and am a Canucks fan. They have not had any sound glitches, stupid disconnections or crappy picture quality like Sportsnet+ so thats apready a big win right there. NHL should just give all the broadcast rights to Amazon Prime so we can watch all the NHL.games. Most people probably have Amazon prime subscription. Even if they charge $10 per month extra for NHL, it would still be worth it for me.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Definitely a better overall product than Sportsnet.
I'd like them or some digital platform to have the balls to allow viewers the ability to turn off the commentary and allow just the real ambient/PA arena audio.
My dream. For awhile years ago I could get this if I chose the SAP broadcast as there wasn't one where I lived. No longer works.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Very impressed. Stable stream, great quality.

Petrillo, and forslund are excellent. First time I heard hickey too and I was impressed.

I wish they had all the games.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Mine was a little glitchy tonight.

Pretty entertaining to see soft goals, and MTL lose to a bad team.

It might be your connection. I had a smooth stream all the way through.

Reminds you exactly how atrocious rogers is in comparison.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad