Amazon acquires Monday night NHL package in Canada from Sportsnet - will broadcast games exclusively on Prime Video

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
When does Amazon start showing them on Prime? Is it this season?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
When does Amazon start showing them on Prime? Is it this season?
1724330843561.png

Reactions: Hunter368

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
rather not have to log into these stupid apps to watch games.

soon we will need 10 different apps to watch your teams regular season. getting just stupid. if its not on tsn or sportsnet or CBC or something I dont even wanna watch anymore. screw the NHL

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That's a good question I don't know , I only follow hockey. The point I'm making is that it's been very difficult in rural Canada with only internet access. Last year I spent over 60$ a month to watch all the games and the quality was very mediocre.

I'll probably do the same this year but still...Not great.
You could try Bell Satellite and get centre ice.
None of the leagues have what you were asking earlier.

Reactions: CauZuki

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I wasn't even including the $200 a year I had to pay on NHL Centre Ice in order to watch most games my team played on Saturday nights.

Why would you not include the money you're spending on Prime? Prime is like $120/year. Add TSN and Sportsnet at both $20/month for 8 months there's $400.

You also get additional content on TSN/Sportsnet/Prime than just those 82 games.

If you're spending $100/month on Netflix/Disney/Prime that's on you for letting yourself be gauged because those services are all less than $20/month each.

Prime has individual channels that cost money and Netflix is not 20$ in Canada if you want 4K.

It's easier than ever to deliver HD content , the price should be going down and the service should be getting better.

Anyways I've had enough of listening to you shill for huge corporations.

Good luck with that.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
rather not have to log into these stupid apps to watch games.

soon we will need 10 different apps to watch your teams regular season. getting just stupid. if its not on tsn or sportsnet or CBC or something I dont even wanna watch anymore. screw the NHL
Agree, it’s even worse in the US.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Agree, it’s even worse in the US.
they are getting greedy, trying to spread as much as possible to earn as much as possible from every source.
almost feels hard enough to just get most Americans to give hockey a shot. goodluck trying to get them to sign up to multiple apps to watch games.
I guess not everyone has regular cable. but still this is just getting crazy.

Need 3 different service providers/streaming services to watch all Leaf games 🤓

Shit league.
this is the type of stuff that makes me consider finding streams. only so much money to go around I cant just pay for every streaming service.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Ugghh...this is why I got a streaming stick of fire.

Two good apps and I stopped paying for this nonsense.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Prime has individual channels that cost money and Netflix is not 20$ in Canada if you want 4K.

It's easier than ever to deliver HD content , the price should be going down and the service should be getting better.

Anyways I've had enough of listening to you shill for huge corporations.

Good luck with that.

So you're paying $100/month for Prime/Netflix/Disney and other services. Why are you being dishonest about this? More importantly, have you considered that you watch too much tv?

And, yes, Netflix appears to be $21/month if you want 4K. You really caught me with that extra dollar because I didn't expect someone who's so angry about paying $50/month to watch NHL hockey to subscribe to their premium service.

Prices haven't been going down because most of the streaming services are no longer in their growth phase and now have to try to be profitable.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
So you're paying $100/month for Prime/Netflix/Disney and other services. Why are you being dishonest about this? More importantly, have you considered that you watch too much tv?

And, yes, Netflix appears to be $21/month if you want 4K. You really caught me with that extra dollar because I didn't expect someone who's so angry about paying $50/month to watch NHL hockey to subscribe to their premium service.

Prices haven't been going down because most of the streaming services are no longer in their growth phase and now have to try to be profitable.

Where was I being dishonest exactly? I clearly stated I was paying for the equivalent of cable via those new age streaming methods.

As I said you are clearly shilling for these large entities as if you have a personal reason to be pro corporate greed and anti-consumer practices.

Now that you have resorted to attacking my character when you know nothing about me (always a sure sign of a solid argument).

Bye bye.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Seems like this Amazon deal is designed for the casual fan who may have Prime and wants to discover hockey . I would assume many if not most Sportsnet subscribers are fans of one team and buy Premium to watch all their games . I did try a free trial of Sportsnet from Amazon and the app actually ran smoothaner than Sportsnet
It's designed for Rogers to save some money over the last couple of years of their contract. I also suspect it allows Amazon a chance to see if they want to get into hockey broadcasting. It wouldn't surprise me if Rogers and Amazon are working towards a bid for the complete Canadian national rights deal (basically what Rogers has now) that would again leave Bell without any national NHL rights.

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Prices are going up because they're hemorrhaging subscribers due to raising prices and ads.

Netflix reported a $2.15 billion income in June 2024, which is a 44% increase from the previous year. Not profitable?

According to Netflix, they have reported over $7 billion in income since September 2023. Note that I'm not saying revenue.

"have to try to be profitable" lol

And this topic is about Amazon. The biggest company in the world. I'm sure they're really struggling. Are you Rupert Murdoch or something? Christ

Last edited:
Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

Prime/Netflix and Disney isn't 100$ a month man lol prob closer to 50$ sometimes people pay for these for others and not just themselves. I pay for Prime because obviously the one day delivery, pretty much everyone has Netflix and Disney is for the kids. but that doesnt mean people want to sign up for these or others for hockey too.

Prices aren't going down because every company wants a piece of the pie. 100 different streaming services and they basically only have what they own. it's a joke. now adding NHL hockey into the mix. great so I need 4-5 streaming services to watch every game on top of the reasons above. not enough money to go around to own everything. keep in mind no one asked Netflix or Amazon to make all this expensive content. I was very happy paying 8$ a month and got just movies or already made tv shows.

just make a single streaming service that gets every game across the league. easy simple but no they have to sell out as much as possible.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad