• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If the Rangers beat Florida, it will be an upset. Then, if the Rangers make the Cup, regardless of who they play, they will be the underdog. Against Edmonton a HUGE underdog, probably worse than our chances against Florida.

It is what it is man, the models, the betting, everything. Rangers were only favored against Washington. The Athletic said it isn't too bad since they would have been favored against Toronto too, just not Carolina, Florida, or anyone in the West.

The Rangers get respect against the non-playoff teams, and against the lower tier of the playoff teams (NYI, BOS, TOR, WSH). Models do not have the Rangers in the upper tier. And they would get analytically crushed by any team out West. I also believe the models and analysts would have found a way to have us as underdogs against TBL because of pedigree.

Who the f*** cares about the models? Also, Messier and Subban aren't that bright. You think it's about the models? Even if they're underdogs these bozos act like the Panthers are the only team in this series.

Also, you've literally year in and year out have said how much the Rangers suck and have no chance and yet I have the reputation of being negative. This has been your schtick for three years now at least. At least when I complain they get badly outplayed and/or lose. The Rangers have played an even series and are 1-1 and just scored a big time OT goal and yet this is the garbage we get from you? Year in and year out. And I'm the negative one.

Edit: Moneypuck had the Rangers with the best odds to win the cup before the playoffs began. So yeah pick and choose the Athletic model because it suits your miserable agenda.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
For all the shit Brodz gets, he averages a higher P/60 than Kakko with shittier linemates and 2 1/2 less minutes per game.

AHL player, as vanilla as it comes. Realistically his expected goals are absolutely 0 no matter what stats say, I'm not expecting him to score, and anyone else that is is just fooling themselves. If nothing else we can prepare Kakko for a future here or a trade instead of rolling out Vanilla Brodz. Kakko got sat, he's a young player, you put him back out there at the next chance to see what he learned.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Bro you try to shoot Shestyorkin to the moon every game. Love the passion but you should probably sit this one out lol

Not after OT wins that make the series 1-1 in the ECF. I guess if we won 5-4 and he gave up some softies. Dialup has consistently said that the team sucks for three years. We're the Presidents' Trophy winners and have just beaten the Canes and had played two even games and are 1-1 in the ECF and he comes out with how we're not a contender. Maybe not the game to say this? Last game, sure I'd get it if you vent and complain about the team.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
I've gotta say Trouba and Lindgren have been better than advertised so far.
Fox is obviously playing on one leg. The only D guy who's been iffy is Gus.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
A Rangers win is never boring.
I still can’t figure your thinking

I'm trying to objective here. Believe it or not the winner does not dictate how exciting the game is. This is not negativity on my part. The games are boring because Florida plays a style meant to kill all offense.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
As expected. Separated shoulder or broken collarbone is my guess.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
You wouldn’t think that with the ESPN broadcast. The Rangers have been the better team in both games.
ESPN broadcast sucks
If I never hear from Ray Ferraro again it will be to soon
It’s a real shame for him most of his career was with the Whalers

Reactions: noncents

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
suits your miserable agenda
*My* miserable agenda? You blackout every time you post?

Btw money puck doesn't have us as cup favorites anymore and their model is based on different factors like who is left, matchups and odds.

The underdog narrative is based on the models, exactly what you have been whining about ad nauseum.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
*My* miserable agenda? You blackout every time you post?

Btw money puck doesn't have us as cup favorites anymore and their model is based on different factors like who is left, matchups and odds.

The underdog narrative is based on the models, exactly what you have been whining about ad nauseum.

Have I been whinning ad nauseum about models? I have not. The models have the Canes as Stanley Cup winners every year, no one cares. I whine and complain when the Rangers lose or give up a bad goal or play shitty. None of those things happened. And at least my takes are reactive and sometimes irrational. You just wrote an essay about how the Rangers are not contenders despite having the most points in the NHL. And you've been beating that drum for three years and we're in the ECF two of three seasons. My childish reactive posts must be annoying, your complete dismissal of the team three seasons in a row is something completely different. We could win the cup and you'll be telling us how we didn't really win it because of the models. Who the f*** cares about the models? I'm sure 60 year old Messer doesn't.

Also, I love how the moneypuck models don't count because they don't fit your narrative.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
I'm trying to objective here. Believe it or not the winner does not dictate how exciting the game is. This is not negativity on my part. The games are boring because Florida plays a style meant to kill all offense.
Thanks for your explanation, but I find every rangers win exciting and I have been rooting for 65 years. A lot of teams try to play that style and winning a game like that is exciting and you beat what they were trying to do

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
@DialUp, the Rangers have the second best odds to Edmonton according to moneypuck. No shit Edmonton has better odds up 1-0 rather than tied 1-1. The Rangers are still seen as favorites against the Panthers despite a tied series and home ice advantage. So kindly shove it.

1716673248239.png

Extrapolating from that data the Rangers also have the second best odds of winning the cup if they make it to SCF.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Have I been whinning ad nauseum about models? I have not. The models have the Canes as Stanley Cup winners every year, no one cares. I whine and complain when the Rangers lose or give up a bad goal or play shitty. None of those things happened. And at least my takes are reactive and sometimes irrational. You just wrote an essay about how the Rangers are not contenders despite having the most points in the NHL. And you've been beating that drum for three years and we're in the ECF two of three seasons. My childish reactive posts must be annoying, your complete dismissal of the team three seasons in a row is something completely different. We could win the cup and you'll be telling us how we didn't really win it because of the models. Who the f*** cares about the models? I'm sure 60 year old Messer doesn't.

Also, I love how the moneypuck models don't count because they don't fit your narrative.
I wrote an essay on how OTHERS think the rangers aren't legit. Lol i think the team is good. I didn't count out moneypuck, their model changes whereas others don't. I am pointing out information not editorializing it.

I don't know man you are talking to a different argument than I'm having so just forget it.

And you are indeed whining about bias coverage, which is due to the models so yeah people care about them.

Why do you think I am against the rangers? Where is this coming from?

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
At the risk of sounding like a brown noser, you couldn't pay me enough to mod these boards and you guys do it for free. Jah bless you guys.
Back in the day when mod actions weren't anonymized via Troll Stomper the mods used to get the most horrendous DM's.

One guy swore endlessly to me in Italian once, not knowing how many paisan are in my ancestry. They taught me those words!

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
There’s no question Kakko ranks much higher than Brodzinski on the depth chart. I didn’t it give it another thought about the choice between these two. The only consideration I can see Laviolette would give to lean toward Brodz over Kakko is that he’s a more prominent PKer than he was in the lineup.

Kakko hasn't done much, true, but one place where he does stand out is his ability to work along the boards and win battles. I always notice him being very strong there. It's just that once he gets away from those battles, it's like he doesn't know what to do from there.

Looking back to September, I was much more worried about Laf than I was about Kakko.

Anyway, more shoots on Bobrovsky in that upper half of the net are the order. Rangers were trying a lot of east-west passes that Florida got very good at cancelling out and moving like that is a strength for Bob. Shots, please, and bring it to the net now and again.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I wrote an essay on how OTHERS think the rangers aren't legit. Lol i think the team is good. I didn't count out moneypuck, their model changes whereas others don't. I am pointing out information not editorializing it.

I don't know man you are talking to a different argument than I'm having so just forget it.

And you are indeed whining about bias coverage, which is due to the models so yeah people care about them.

Why do you think I am against the rangers? Where is this coming from?

I'm pretty sure Messier doesn't know Corsi from Corgi. And besides they're supposed to be unbiased and they're treating the series as if it's been ridiculously lopsided which they haven't been. And frankly the Lightning in 2022 didn't get such lopsided coverage when they were two time defending champs against us. Florida is treated in a way that just makes no sense. Subban legit said in a low even first period that without Shesterkin we'd be down 4-0. This is not professional analysis.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
@DialUp, the Rangers have the second best odds to Edmonton according to moneypuck. No shit Edmonton has better odds up 1-0 rather than tied 1-1. The Rangers are still seen as favorites against the Panthers despite a tied series and home ice advantage. So kindly shove it.

View attachment 875707

Extrapolating from that data the Rangers also have the second best odds of winning the cup if they make it to SCF.
Dallas is at the bottom because they have to go through Edmonton which they are not favored, rangers here are favored to beat fla. However, of Dallas does make it through, moneypuck might have them above both rangers/Florida. That's how their shyt works I didn't make it. These things aren't static.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm pretty sure Messier doesn't know Corsi from Corgi. And besides they're supposed to be unbiased and they're treating the series as if it's been ridiculously lopsided which they haven't been. And frankly the Lightning in 2022 didn't get such lopsided coverage when they were two time defending champs against us. Florida is treated in a way that just makes no sense. Subban legit said in a low even first period that without Shesterkin we'd be down 4-0. This is not professional analysis.
Even when we went up 2-0, I was like "ok..." I never felt we had beyond a puncher's chance to maybe steal that series.

That's how they're treating this series.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Back in the day when mod actions weren't anonymized via Troll Stomper the mods used to get the most horrendous DM's.

One guy swore endlessly to me in Italian once, not knowing how many paisan are in my ancestry. They taught me those words!

Swearing or threatening mods is uncalled for but this place especially a few years ago were ridiculously overmoderated and the mastermind behind the penalties for the infractions must be a sociopath. It's mostly an issue with the people running this site and not the mods. That's what they wanted at the time. They legit rolled it back so kudos for recognizing it. But this board has the best fans and the best forums but the people running this site made it a miserable place to post in sometimes because they treated posters as friggin criminals.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Dallas is at the bottom because they have to go through Edmonton which they are not favored, rangers here are favored to beat fla. However, of Dallas does make it through, moneypuck might have them above both rangers/Florida. That's how their shyt works I didn't make it. These things aren't static.

That's not what the data says:

1716673981164.png

I don't know if some variables would change their model but as of now you can extrapolate their thoughts on the chances of each team winning the cup if they win this round, just their probability of winning a cup by their probability of making the final.

Attachments

• 1716673914353.png
    1716673914353.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad