Post-Game Talk: Alpha Males

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I didn't think of that. Can Kakko play on the left? I never seen him there. Maybe Rosie?

That 3rd line played well in Game 2. It would be hard to break them up.
He played LW a lot during his draft year at TPS. Besides, it's not really that big of a deal for a winger to switch sides.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
1716658623504.png

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
goodrowes winner definitely was “soft” but IMO that’s kind of Bob
It was a well placed shot, Bob had to move a bit, and it went high on him. He’ll let some of those in
Book on Bobrovsky is to shoot high. Rangers try high danger chances aimed at moving goalie side to side but this is an area of strength for Bobrovsky.

Reactions: Lua and ohbaby

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Laf made a brilliant hit to set up that first goal. He’s doing great.
Thought Laf was one of our most involved wingers all game. He was buzzing and finished every check…
Of our guys, I’d wager Cuylle and Rempe had hits 18-20 by themselves……
Rest of the team accounted for 25-30.

Lindgren
Trouba
Goodrow

We’re all really good in this one. Sorry guys. But it’s true.

Trochek was also a beast last night

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
He played LW a lot during his draft year at TPS. Besides, it's not really that big of a deal for a winger to switch sides.
Well I do like the thought of Cuylle and Rempe on the ice together. Add Goody and that would be a very hard line to play against. Now that's a line I'm pretty sure we haven't seen. All the bruising forwards on one line... Yeah I like it! Bring Kakko back,... for no other reason than this. LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: noncents

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Book on Bobrovsky is to shoot high. Rangers try high danger chances aimed at moving goalie side to side but this is an area of strength for Bobrovsky.
It is a bit funny we haven't scored more on him. We know he is a bit weak up top. We just haven't been hitting our spots. All Zibad's and Breadman's shots are pad saves. How many glove saves has he had to make? We are overdue to light him up.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Gosh I wish Fox could get going.

0 goals in the last 25 playoff games. If he could go on a run, and he’s capable of it if he wasn’t injured, he could carry this offense.
He still looks good defensively. But he’s not as good at being deceptive with the puck right now. That’s when he’s at his best. I think his injury is affecting his ability to change directions as sharply when skating.

He’s unable to make nearly as much space for himself right now. Fox at the height of his powers is able to throw people off with a simple head fake

Reactions: TheDirtyH

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
Remember when people said Panarin could only play with Ryan Strome?

Tro is such a huge upgrade it’s actually hilarious. Literally our most consistently good forward.
I know I may get laughed at a bit- i think Trocheck might be the best all around player in the nhl.

Definitely on our team.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I know I may get laughed at a bit- i think Trocheck might be the best all around player in the nhl.

Definitely on our team.
I don’t know about that, but I wouldn’t change a thing about his game right now. He’s been spectacular.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
I have to admit, I wasn’t very aware of the whole high stick situation after the OT goal. We scored and I went berserk. I think I remember hearing somebody say something about a high stick but idk I was all over the place. Only this morning rewatching the game did I see the extent of the discussion and Trouba standing by the refs. I’m glad it didn’t ruin my celebration lol.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
They did fine last night. They need more traffic in front of Bob. Need more from the Wonder Twins. There's between 3-5 more games left against these guys. Now is not the time to be bashful. Throw big hits and punch back. Any shot from a bad angle get it there. Everyone needs to get involved.

Who replaces Vesey on the PK? This is where Edstrom could really help but he's not getting in over Kakko/Wheeler/Brodz.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I have to admit, I wasn’t very aware of the whole high stick situation after the OT goal. We scored and I went berserk. I think I remember hearing somebody say something about a high stick but idk I was all over the place. Only this morning rewatching the game did I see the extent of the discussion and Trouba standing by the refs. I’m glad it didn’t ruin my celebration lol.

Completely ruined my celebration. First I thought "I hope it wasn't offside", then I saw them huddling around a tablet, and then I heard about the high stick. I didn't even celebrate. Just a moment stolen from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad