3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Yeah I think they’re still not giving each other easy passes to escape pressure
When you always have to thread a needle or send it 20 yards it’s tough to be sharp

Then we're doing something very wrong on our forechecks because neither Carolina or Florida have the same problems.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Not worrying about Miller and Trouba pinching for no reason really helps with my blood pressure though!
Trouba has recklessly stepped up to try to lay the wood countless times in these two games. There is one in all the highlight packages that leads to Montour in alone on Igor.

It’s an issue.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Not worrying about Miller and Trouba pinching for no reason really helps with my blood pressure though!
Sort of my point. Miller has horrible judgment with his pinches. So, seems they told him not to. Kind of obvious when we see Lindgren of all people keep coming down the wall to keep the puck in, only to dump it around the boards except for that play in game 6. I haven't seen Miller come down the boards and circle the net at all.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
He needs to skate with the puck. His ability to do so will throw off all the forechecking numbers.

Miller and Gus need to get on their horse and lead the rush. They're the only guys we have on the blue line that can do that right now and it will completely decimate Florida's defensive strategy if they're able to do so.

I also noticed both those guys attempting to rush the puck more both exiting the d zone and transitioning through the NZ. Seemed like a good adjustment.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Why not? Kakko should work just fine in that 3rd line.
Huh! Vesey is a 4th liner. Kakko and Rempe? I don't think so. Brodzinski is a much better fit. That line will be a lot faster on the forecheck. Although the Cats have nullified our speed.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017

Zoomed out version:

Not for nothing, the 1st hit in our zone was a penalty obviously but Vesey doesn't really look injured until the 2nd innocent looking hit at the Panther blue line. You could argue that was interference too. That Lomberg plays hockey like it's football. Just runs around banging into everybody whether they are close to the puck or not.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Does Reinhart have TD? Or does he disapprove of everything with that constant head shaking?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Huh! Vesey is a 4th liner. Kakko and Rempe? I don't think so.
Why not? Kakko is responsible defensively, can get some offensive zone posession time for the team. About the perfect 4th liner. He really isn't going to reduce the possibility of that line scoring compared to Vesey or Brod.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
i

giphy.gif

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Why not? Kakko is responsible defensively, can get some offensive zone posession time for the team. About the perfect 4th liner. He really isn't going to reduce the possibility of that line scoring compared to Vesey or Brod.
That line is all about the forecheck. Dump and chase and that is not Kakko's forte. Too slow. Brodzinski has the speed to put the pressure on. You can't get O-zone time if you don't retrieve the puck and bang the bodies. And Kakko is allergic to contact.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
If trouba is going to suck, the least he could do is drop some bodies out there. This is a series where you need him to lay someone out. Haven’t seen that all playoffs and definitely not in this series.
not a Trouba fan ... .but he had a big hit in game 1, and started the game-winning play last night. On the negative side of the ledger, he missed a hit in the neutral zone last night, which allowed a good chance for FLA.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I’m not seeing a whole lot from the Florida forwards outside of barkov and Lomberg frankly. The Rangers have shut them down thru 2 games. The narrative won’t tell that story but that is very much reality
They’ve had some decent powerplays too. But otherwise I agree.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That line is all about the forecheck. Dump and chase and that is not Kakko's forte. Too slow. Brodzinski has the speed to put the pressure on. You can't get O-zone time if you don't retrieve the puck and bang the bodies. And Kakko is allergic to contact.
So swap Cuylle and Kakko then?

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Easy just push Cuylle down
I didn't think of that. Can Kakko play on the left? I never seen him there. Maybe Rosie?

That 3rd line played well in Game 2. It would be hard to break them up.

I still think Brodzinski is the better option. He and Rempe together makes a lot of sense. And we haven't seen them together as of yet. Actually, they have played together a number of times this season. I'm getting old

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Brodzinski sucks Florida balls. I'd put in Tanner Glass over him, like Tanner Glass from 2024. Kakko has to get back in, he sat a game and now we see if he got the message
For all the shit Brodz gets, he averages a higher P/60 than Kakko with shittier linemates and 2 1/2 less minutes per game.

Reactions: Atax

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kreider needs to attack and support Chytil more on the forecheck. Given up on Zibs. Those two should be able to get in and create problems

Reactions: noncents and Atax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad