Post-Game Talk: Alpha Males

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Though have any of his teams really played this way before? I don't think Winnipeg did under him.
He has had success in many places. If you mean style? Some did to a degree but it depends on personal. He had a couple of pretty big seasons in Win. I know in their really big year they were good offensively and defensively. They did not have a bunch of brutes but Byfugilien was scary at times.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He's a Kopitar clone. So fun to watch, and such a task to play against. He manhandles Mika out there.
The key to playing against a horse like him is not to let his body dictate the position of the puck. Its impossible to push his body but that light little black piece of rubber can come off a stick easier if you knock his stick. Don't waste time on his body or even reaching for the puck. Just knock his stick with your stick whenever you get a chance. Not in a slashing way. Just contact.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Anyone finding it a bit ironic how our deadline acquisitions were to basically replace Chytil and Wheeler? So now, here we are on the cusp of both coming back, ONLY TO replace their replacements that have very much underwhelmed everyone.

Roslovic hasn't really been underwhelming. He's contributed and has done so in some pretty key places.

7 points in 12 games is hardly bad - Thats the kind of scoring rate that made everyone think the world of Vatrano.

This series just isn't it for him. If they were to move on and play Edmonton, I'd throw Roslovic right back in there.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Though have any of his teams really played this way before? I don't think Winnipeg did under him.

The 2017-18 Winnipeg team did. They didn't have quite the same forward group as Florida but that team was f***ing fire. I don't know wtf happened to them in the CF that year and its too bad that they didn't move on because they would have kept Ovi and the Caps cup less.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Meanwhile, jonny brodzinski spending time customizing his Nissan Miata
giphy.gif

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
One thing that hasn't been discussed; we really could benefit should Miller decide to join the party. Did the coaches tell him to be less aggressive offensively? He hasn't done anything in weeks. Last night he joined a rush to make it a 3 on 2 and ESPN gushed about him. And I'm saying "are you kidding". This series is him being at his least as far as joining the rush.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
The 2017-18 Winnipeg team did. They didn't have quite the same forward group as Florida but that team was f***ing fire. I don't know wtf happened to them in the CF that year and its too bad that they didn't move on because they would have kept Ovi and the Caps cup less.
They dominated Vegas in the WCFs that year, but Fleury goalied them. They had some bad calls go against them as well.

One thing that hasn't been discussed; we really could benefit should Miller decide to join the party. Did the coaches tell him to be less aggressive offensively? He hasn't done anything in weeks. Last night he joined a rush to make it a 3 on 2 and ESPN gushed about him. And I'm saying "are you kidding". This series is him being at his least as far as joining the rush.
Miller was our best D by far last night. He was constantly skating the puck out of trouble & was also the king of zone entries.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
They dominated Vegas in the WCFs that year, but Fleury goalied them. They had some bad calls go against them as well.

Miller was our best D by far last night. He was constantly skating the puck out of trouble & was also the king of zone entries.

Also it's pretty clear that they're being told not to get overly aggressive in joining the rush.

Florida created a shit load of their chances against Boston because one (or both) of their D would get caught. McAvoy got roasted all series trying to do too much.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There is no question Fox is hurt, but even him at like 80% is better than other options. Just has to play through it.

Bottom 6 needed to score and they did, even if Trocheck was filling in on that line since Vesey went down. Goodrow has produced in these playoffs , has 4 goals , which is what he had all regular season. That is what I asked of him to step it up and he has.

Rempe had 9 hits last night(lead the team) played 10 mins, if he is going to get 10 mins a game or close to it, should keep him in. He puts question into the other team where they have to look over their shoulder to see if he is out there, and it throws off their game.

Mika was a mess last night some brutal turnovers. Panarin has gone into last year playoff Panarin, not good.

If we are going to take this series need more from them. Kinda annoyed Panarin got a secondary assist for really doing nothing. that first goal was all Fox Trocheck. Sorry but going to be hard on him, we need him to be the player he was in the regular season. A lot of times points are not the telling tale.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
So why is it when Carolina plays one style no matter what everyone questions RBA and says they're predictable but when the Panthers do it they get their balls washed every chance people get? The Rangers don't even particularly have a style they can play virtually every game but somehow that's not good enough for the talking heads.

IDK... maybe Fla gets a longer leash on that from sweeping them in their most recent head-to-head and going to the SCF last year.

Both teams do what they do really well and are not easy to beat. Fla probably appears a little better at it cuz they have stronger goaltending.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
  • Wow
Reactions: pld459666

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Through two games I’ve won two +120 bets and lost two. We’re going all in again for game 3. Who’s with me?!?!?

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
LOL okay we (NYR) played better than Florida in game 1. Your charts say it so it must be true. Strange how people watching the game didn't feel that way at all during it. 😊
I thought it was even and the Messier and Subban takes were embarrassing. We hit 2 posts, Wenn missed an empty net, Mika missed an empty net. We easily could have won game 1.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
He was no factor in the offensive zone

Pretty amazing
You're really nitpicking. As @GoAwayPanarin mentioned, it's pretty clear that the coaches have all the D sitting back unless it's an obvious scoring chance. The results have been worth it...we have neutralized Tkachuck's line & we're limiting their SOG overall.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017

There are so many times the D or even a forward can skate it out of their own zone but then they stare a pass down to a guy 5 feet away, put it in their feet, and Florida goes the other way with it. Florida is letting us skate, but we keep making bad passes that lead the other way.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
You're really nitpicking. As @GoAwayPanarin mentioned, it's pretty clear that the coaches have all the D sitting back unless it's an obvious scoring chance. The results have been worth it...we have neutralized Tkachuck's line & we're limiting their SOG overall.
Well that was my question in my original post. Did they tell Miller to be less aggressive offensively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad