3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
This is definitely an oversimplification, but Panarin and Laf seem to feast on bad opposition more than most guys. Florida doesn't really offer bad matchups to them, and they either get stopped from making pretty plays or resort to just flinging shit at the net (or more often, a skater blocking them). They need to find a middle ground.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Chytil
Cuylle Wennberg Roslovic
Rempe Goodrow Kakko

is that the lineup with no Vesey?
I don't know if Laviolette wants Rempe on the road. Brodz got that assignment last series. He might get it again.

Reactions: Kords

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
With Vesey getting hurt he probably draws back in.

While not related to anything you've said I find it humorous that most of the people gloating about Goodrow are Zucettes. Goodrow's goal tonight is way bigger than anything Zuccrello has done in his life.
I know it wasn't the ECF/ Round 3 but his 2 goal performance to get us past Montreal in game 6 was pretty big.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
With Vesey out,I hope kk gets back in.yeah,he won't score,but he can help wear them down with pressure in their zone

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Overall, I think we looked pretty good defensively. It’s going to be a struggle to score goals in this series. We need to keep this play up.

Chytil looked great on the Zibanejad line. I was ready to hit the ceiling with that look he had in OT. They need to let that line cook.

My hot take of the night: scratch both Wennberg and Roslovic and just call the trade deadline a bust. I liked Wennberg when he first arrived but he’s adding nothing. Roslovic may have the worst puck skills of any “top 6” NHL forward. Every pass seems to explode off his stick and he seems to fan on every shot. Bring back Cuylle-Brodzinski-Kakko and leave the other 3 lines the same.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Goodrow and Trocheck looking like McDavid and Draisaitl on that goal lol

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I speculated before this series we'd lose two/three guys to injury before this one is over win or lose and Vesey look like he'll be the first. Florida is just a physically aggressive team. This is also why it pays to go into the playoffs with extra bodies who can play and Sunday Kakko can go back in but there's also Brodzinski and Wheeler or even Edstrom.

Goodrow has been good the entire playoffs. That goal doesn't happen though without Trouba taking a big hit to make the play. Nice little lacrosse like reception then by Goodrow moving it to Trocheck and back to Goodrow and great shot by Barclay. Trocheck was a key player in this one too being in on both our goals.

Igor really good.

I like that we picked up our physical game in this one and having Rempe in the lineup helped that quite a lot. It's true that sometimes someone catches him and he ends up on his ass.....and the Panthers players saying they'll play just the same with or without him in our lineup and maybe that's so but they still have to pay attention to him or he can really hurt someone. He was good away from the puck and he made several nice plays with the puck. He was an asset tonight and I wouldn't be taking him out of the lineup for the next game with or without Vesey.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I may be completely off and I was like 16 but when I first started watching over 20 years ago and the Avs were great for some reason it felt to me like they rope a doped a lot.
I've been watching since the early nineties. I don't specifically recall the Avs playing rope a dope but they definitely had the talent and the goaltending that they could have and made it work.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I actually think Rempe was pretty effective overall tonight. He definitely had the defensemen looking for him when he was on the ice on the forecheck. I thought he did a good job using his reach to extend a few forechecks and to create some disruption. Some effective checks without going over the line. Pretty solid game from him, all things considered.
He made some solid d-zone plays with his massive wingspan and long reach as well

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He scored on a shot that I'd expect you to stop and then got set up for a tap in by Hayes.

He was ass for most of that run.
Don't care if he scores both goals off his backside in an elimination game (the only 2 goals the team scored that night).

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
This is definitely an oversimplification, but Panarin and Laf seem to feast on bad opposition more than most guys. Florida doesn't really offer bad matchups to them, and they either get stopped from making pretty plays or resort to just flinging shit at the net (or more often, a skater blocking them). They need to find a middle ground.
Haven’t seen any stats or the like but was at the game.

Seems Lavi matched them up against the Tkachuk line and they dominated them so a bit of a weird complaint.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
BTW, did anyone else get Rick Nash blocking a goal against the Kings flashback when OEL blocked Chytil's shot?

Nah it was closer to Rupp blocking Boyle's shot in g3 vs Washington (another game the Rangers won.)

I thought they were done after that though. They've found a way to work their way through these kinds of momentum shifting moments though (Martinook's play, that block, Lindgren/Trouba's existence, etc.)

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad