alltime greats

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HalifaxforNhl100

Sep 26, 2024
Lindros or Lemieux is the two most talented players alltime imo
Havent seen really much hockey from Nhl though, whole games can say though
Forsberg is maybe anyhow perhaps more than a top player alltime imo for forwards, not sure though but very much although far from Marios and Gretzkys point productions
But im not convinced about that, Kent Nilsson was a great, one of the most underrated players ever
Phil Esposity had an incredible career from nowhere with Orr in the Bruins
Steve Yzerman and Mark Messier were more in class with Forsberg than Lemieux and Lindros when it comes to pure tslent imo

Bernie Nicholls at least quite underrated, yes ok he had a ”one hit wonder season” in 1988-89 with Gretzky, but put up good offensive numbers almost to the end in 1999. Were almost a great talent as a junior too, also as Dale Hawerchuk

Hawerchuk and Pat Lafontaine could have potential to be more than top 10 forwards of alltime

Mike Bossy, not so easy perhaps to decide how in fact dominant he could have been in Nhl, had be perhaps even more potential for scoring numbers than Gretzky?

Well yeah, Wayne were more than a great player, well, but when I think about it
Why were he avoided to physical contact like no one else??
I think its sick🤣😀
And a degenerated part of ice hockey history…….

Lindros career surprises me though
He had ability to dominate the game, perhaps he in fact had capacity to do 180-190 points or near 200

Jagr were great undoubtedly also,
but yes he had much guidance from Lemieux

If Lindros would had concentrated a little more at least on skill then more toughness with tackles and rougher play, he had probably would have had capacity to dominate the game more than Mario and be the greatest ever if he had stayed healthy, and I guess more luck sometimes in scoring production

Kariya Selänne and Mogilny could had done better even also, Selanne could had capacity for at least clearly higher scoring numbers often in the regular season with more skilled players behind, he and Kariya could had done around or more thsn 150 points then I think or even 160-170
If it werent for Suter Kariya could had capacity for 125-140 points so as Selänne some season ahead, at least Kariya
Suter could have been suspended for the whole season and 30 games in the next season or more, it were only a vicious assault 👎, had nothing with decent moral to do.

Have watched much clips from NHL games for quite many years since almost 20 years though

Last edited:

HalifaxforNhl100

Sep 26, 2024
Perhaps Ovechkin has had better or though similar offensive talents than Lemieux Lindros and McDavid
But quite a bit tougher physically that reduces his points, more than a little sometimes
maybe at least
And he has shot more earlier in his career more than anyone else ever also.. 🙂

Last edited:

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
First of all, no notes. This is incredible.
Second of all, Lindros' getting 200 points in his era...with lower end hockey sense and playmaking vision than many of the all time greats...that'd be something. Unless he rigged it so that he got points for bullying dudes (or staring at his shoes while the game was going on).

HalifaxforNhl100

Sep 26, 2024
Perhaps not so easy to say
But Kariya were a better playmaker than Selänne, think he had capacity for maybe around 140 points, probably with a little players behind he and Selanne in the Mighty Ducks:)
I think Selanne could have done at least that number, maybe hard to for more than Jagrs european record but with players like Lindros maybe Ovechkin seen to the 90s era or a little rather Lindros on the same team or often lineup Kariya could have done a similar amount of points, he and Selänne could have done even about 155 points, who knows

HalifaxforNhl100

Sep 26, 2024
Think either Lindros or Lemieux were so good in average seen to most forwards often has been to work more defensively by the years since mid 90s when Nhl became more defensive
Sern to that Lemieux had a little higher capacity probably at least to could have got maybe 215-220 points several seasons more than Gretzky, if he could have stayed at least quite more healthy
Gretzkys incredible calculated number in 83-84 227 points in 82 games as nowadays are really hard to surpass even for Lemieux, but I hope possible though
Perhaps he had two types of back problems for a while in his career, without that he could have done 225-230 points one season maybe, but it hadnt been easy
92-93 were indeed a quite special season with new agreements I think it were, four games more and other better things also
Perhaps 84 were considered one or two too much eventually

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad