Podcast (Audio) AllCity Network announces coverage for Utah Hockey Club.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I was countering this:
"Crouse isn't even in the running, in my mind."

I suspect you ran with the idea of me saying front and center as though I was saying he is C material because he was in the center of the picture. To clarify, I am saying is he is clearly and obviously a candidate. He has been an A for the past two years. He has been with the "organization" his entire career. He is a quality power forward (even if he has fallen short of some of the higher expectations) and...when the Utah Hockey Club decided to show off their new uniform, they deliberately chose 3 players that are clearly expecting to be team leaders.

And I suspect you missed the part where I said "in my mind." :laugh:

Edit: Not clear on why you mentioned Bjugstad being 6'6" and pointed out that isn't in the image? Anywyays, we've both shared why we feel the way we do and disagree. It's all good!

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
All subjective but my bias is...a captain should be able to stand up for his teammates when necessary. The NHL trend of recent, is to give it to your highest skilled player, I get it but, in my mind, it should be someone who can get dirty and go through walls for folks. Also, Crouse starts with a capital C.
Then Tuna is your man.:sarcasm:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
First, Duty's on a roll today!
Second, Hayton for Cap'n..... where's Jakey when you need him?! :laugh:
Finally, no more excuses for Hayton. He says he is healthy and ready to go, BA expects big things from him as well. Centering between the teams two best offensive minds, anything less that 60pts. I would consider it a disappointment.

Reactions: Mangosteen

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Hayton has two years to prove that he is a top 6 forward or he will be gone! By age 26, Hayton will have 7 seasons played. If he continues to be hurt or stink it up for half the year then he will have no future on this team.
He will be overtaken by other guys, as we have other centres in the system who will be knocking on the door by 26-27.

Last edited:

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
My roster prediction by 26-27 if all goes well, and Hayton can carve it out as a top 6 fwd.

Keller - Cooley - Guenther
But - Hayton - Iginla
Maccelli - Beaudoin - Doan
Crouse - Mcbain - Stenlund

Sergachev - Marino
Simashev - Durzi
Duda - Lamoureux

Ingram
stopgap backup

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DustyDangler

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Hayton has two years to prove that he is a top 6 forward or he will be gone! By age 26, Hayton will have 7 seasons played. If he continues to be hurt or stink it up for half the year then he will have no future on this team.
He will be overtaken by other guys, as we have other centres in the system who will be knocking on the door by 26-27.
His injuries have been impact injuries not some sort of persistent, physical challenges, no? I don't put his injuries on him anymore than say Keller busting up his leg. It's a tough game and injuries happen.

If he stinks than no future... sure but, that can be said of everyone on the team. It's no longer a case of it's okay to stink because we don't want to pick someone off of waivers. The org is moving towards a, if you stink, we have someone waiting in the wings who wants to prove they don't.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Finally, no more excuses for Hayton. He says he is healthy and ready to go, BA expects big things from him as well. Centering between the teams two best offensive minds, anything less that 60pts. I would consider it a disappointment.
JAKEY! Missed you buddy!

Your response showed me I wrote "Duty's" instead of Dusty's! musta flown right past the S - HaHa

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
His injuries have been impact injuries not some sort of persistent, physical challenges, no? I don't put his injuries on him anymore than say Keller busting up his leg. It's a tough game and injuries happen.

If he stinks than no future... sure but, that can be said of everyone on the team. It's no longer a case of it's okay to stink because we don't want to pick someone off of waivers. The org is moving towards a, if you stink, we have someone waiting in the wings who wants to prove they don't.
I kind of agree with what you say, except like last year, we have no one who has the talent to play 1C. I thought Bjugstad was Utah's best C by a country mile last year, but I don't think he is a true 1C. Why everyone has Hayton automatically penciled in a our 1C is beyond me. I would hope he has to earn that spot.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I kind of agree with what you say, except like last year, we have no one who has the talent to play 1C. I thought Bjugstad was Utah's best C by a country mile last year, but I don't think he is a true 1C. Why everyone has Hayton automatically penciled in a our 1C is beyond me. I would hope he has to earn that spot.
I think Cooley has the talent to play 1C but he has not yet developed the talent and obtained the experience to be the 1C. Everyone pencils Hayton in, I think, because he had the good season of chemistry on that top line and though he did not have huge statistical success, he seemed complimentary to the other two and it worked. Last year, injury bug and I don't blame him as I don't think it was cuz he was out of shape or some other controllable condition. I like him there cuz he will win 1 of every 2 draws unlike nearly everyone else on the team save for Stenlund (So glad for this addition) and Barrett plays a heavy, defensively, responsible, game. As far as earning the spot, I don't get the impression BA or Bear hand out positions that are unearned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad