GDT: All things training camp

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
So the first star of the first NHL game in 2025 with a goal and an assist is a RH defenseman 6’4” 208 lbs who iced 20+ mins that was drafted by the Jets.
Size and right handed shot is what the Jets need.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
So the first star of the first NHL game in 2025 with a goal and an assist is a RH defenseman 6’4” 208 lbs who iced 20+ mins that was drafted by the Jets.
It doesn’t matter
The usual suspects here will find anything to dissect your opinion

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I actually thought Stanley took some big strides (insert 6'7" joke) last season but I think people are so sour on the whole history with him that they couldn't see the tree for the forest.
We are all human. It felt like he played well down the stretch and then, like a lot of the team, playoffs did not go well.

Reactions: Jet

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Fehr
Randy Jones
Glass
Miettinen
Ponikarovsky
Jokinen
Halischuk
Setoguchi
Tangradi
Ellerby
Wright
Peluso - He was a good fighter, just not a good hockey player.
Stafford
Dano
Matthias
Brian Strait (everyone else listed played at least most of a season - he only played a few games, but WTF, pro scouting?)
Morrow
Hayes
Beaulieu
Sbisa
Bitetto
Gabe Bourque
Steve Mason
Dahlstrom
Letestu
Shore
Eakin
Shaw
Lewis
Thompson
Pionk
Schmidt
Svechnikov
Gagner
Rittich
Toffoli

Some of these guys were just bodies, but a lot of head-scratching misjudgments on what were supposed to be impact players (Jokinen, Setoguchi, Stafford, Mason, Hayes, Eakin, Pionk, Schmidt, Toffoli).
Really? Half of these guys were making league min. Now make a list of answering the question and maybe we can start a real conversation.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

I guess they should've traded a 4th for him instead of Miller you think?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Hindsight is always 20/20

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad