GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yeah, if he can get up to speed for mid November that's really not too bad. I was thinking half a season and then he'd take a while to get ramped up to NHL mid season form

Appleton is awesome, fast tenacious winger playing some of the toughest defensive minutes in the league and scoring 35+ points. Perfect third liner honestly
i am not going to act like there's no conceivable way the Jets may upgrade from Appleton. however, the grouping of him in the category of Gus or Kupari is ridiculous in my view.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Intrigued by what Arniel chooses to do with Lambert. As a fan, I'd rather see a fast, gifted centre like as 4C instead of a guy like Gus, Kupari or Toninato. I suspect Arniel will not choose that and send Lambert down.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Intrigued by what Arniel chooses to do with Lambert. As a fan, I'd rather see a fast, gifted centre like as 4C instead of a guy like Gus, Kupari or Toninato. I suspect Arniel will not choose that and send Lambert down.
It's more logical to have Lambert playing big offensive geared minutes in the AHL and be the first callup when one of our top 6 good down than having him play 10 grinding minutes a night with plugs. JMO.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I was slightly disappointed with Chibrikovs preseason but thinking about it a bit more logically I'd bet the assignment for him was to work on his defensive aspects and puck management.

I can see a scenario where the coaching staff told him they know how skilled offensively he is, but they want to get him to a place where they can trust him all over the ice.

He's shown good maturity and hockey sense, and it's likely they see him as one of those super versatile players who you can put anywhere in the lineup.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
It's more logical to have Lambert playing big offensive geared minutes in the AHL and be the first callup when one of our top 6 good down than having him play 10 grinding minutes a night with plugs. JMO.
That's the thing though - don't play him with plugs. Look at Lanky's lines. Lambert riding with Nino and Iafallo would be intriguing IMO.

Reactions: Jet

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah for sure. Seen it play out too many times. Skilled guy gets pigeon holed into not making any risky plays ever and their creativity and production suffers.

Heard it on the broadcast with Sawyer last night..

1) backhand feed by Lambert at the blue line is risky and should be "put down low"
2) similar feed from Connor is a "skilled play"

This to me is a microcausm of why he should be playing AHL until we need him in the top six

That's the thing though - don't play him with plugs. Look at Lanky's lines. Lambert riding with Nino and Iafallo would be intriguing IMO.
I agree with the idea, I just think it's unrealistic to expect anything other than Lowry as tough matchups C. It's been this way for 10 years now.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

Arniel is open to running three scoring lines.

The 4th line that I posted above fits with that philosophy and I certainly wouldn't feel sorry for Lambert to be stuck with Iafallo and Niederreiter.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Lines were jumbled a bit towards the end....mostly due to Gus being out.

There was one shift for Niederreiter-Lowry-Vilardi. Big heavy line and they looked really good. might be an option for a change-up to the normal service.

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Niederreiter-Lowry-Vilardi
Perfetti-Lambert-Iafallo
Barron-Namestnikov-Appleton

Yeah Iafallo is way better than these guys. Scores more and better defense, can play complimentary top six and not sink a line, etc.

Iafallo is an example of what Chibrikov should emulate if he wants to be top six one day.
yet others suggest on here we'd have to give up assets to trade him

Iaffalo is a jag in my opinion

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If you insert Lambert and Chibrosov into the lineup there are no room for plugs and you can have talent spread across 4 lines.

Reactions: LowLefty

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Because he gets the job done. Good defensive players aren't pariahs...

Iafallo does have some offensive ability too. He is reliable and versatile enough to move up and down the lineup so he is more than a 4th liner.

I would have been happy to include him in a trade where we needed cap space for an upgrade at a position of need. But we don't need the cap space right now so his cap hit is not an issue.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I do fear that we are going to lose Lundmark....but maybe this is the best time to get him through with a flood of players passing through over the next few days? Coughlin would have been my selection, but not going to get too worked up about it (until Lundmark gets claimed at least).

Good luck to Barlow with Oshawa, the Generals are one of the best teams in the OHL already, and this bodes well for a big season for him.....if he stays healthy of course.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Arniel is open to running three scoring lines.

The 4th line that I posted above fits with that philosophy and I certainly wouldn't feel sorry for Lambert to be stuck with Iafallo and Niederreiter.

I like those lines but we know that KC and Ehlers would be swapped for a start. then there is that 4th line.

You have kept Iafallo and Nino available and could make quite a 4th line with them. I just don't see Lambert as the C there. I think he is close to ready but not quite there yet.

Could those linemates be the secret sauce to get Kupari going? If not, I would waive him. I think we have a few other options who could be successful at 4C with those linemates. Or you put Nino back with Lowry and have his line be a bit more of a 2 way line, like it was last year.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Lines were jumbled a bit towards the end....mostly due to Gus being out.

There was one shift for Niederreiter-Lowry-Vilardi. Big heavy line and they looked really good. might be an option for a change-up to the normal service.

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Niederreiter-Lowry-Vilardi
Perfetti-Lambert-Iafallo
Barron-Namestnikov-Appleton

yet others suggest on here we'd have to give up assets to trade him

Iaffalo is a jag in my opinion
His defensive metrics here and in LA suggest he is a top defensive forward. He seemed to help most lines he was on.

I see the value in having him replaced for his salary but that would likely require moving out picks with him, as you said.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad