GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Does tyrel bauer look like he will ever be a jet? Even as 6th or 7th dman?
It's the last year of his ELC and he's pretty far down the depth chart on defense, probably last among all the players signed to NHL contracts.

The mitts I don't think get him playing time in the West. In the East you have the Reaves, Xhekaj, Rempe, Mac Diarmid, Wilson, Deslauriers type players that still get the spotlight.

Jeannot going to the West increases the chances of fighting in the Conference, but mostly the toughest players are guys who can play, Lowry, Benn types.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Do we reckon those top two lines are set and playing the last two exhibition games? The core fwds have only played one game each.

Guessing we lose Kupari, JAD or both on waivers.
If I had to bet I’d bet the Jets keep up the veteran tweeners and send down the young talent in Lambert and Salmonsson. The organization is forever conservative

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
If I had to bet I’d bet the Jets keep up the veteran tweeners and send down the young talent in Lambert and Salmonsson. The organization is forever conservative

I would hardly call Kupari and JAD veterans. They’re as young or younger than Kovacevic when he was claimed. It’s funny how fans don’t have the same attachment when their team didn’t develop a player.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I tend to agree, espileciallty with Lambert, but it still means losing one or two. But it is possible they keep them around for a while.

Connor Scheifele Vilardi
Perfetti Namestnikov Ehlers
Niederreiter Lowry Appleton
Barron Gustaffson Iaffalo
Kupari

Morrissey Demelo
Samberg Miller
Salomonsson Pionk
Fleury

Waivers: JAD, Coghlan

When Heinola and Stanley come back, they can send down Salomonsson.

This (lineup above) is 22 players and would allow them to keep Lambert until the two D men return. If both Salomonsson and Lambert are performing well, you could waive Stanley or Fleury.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I tend to agree, espileciallty with Lambert, but it still means losing one or two. But it is possible they keep them around for a while.

Connor Scheifele Vilardi
Perfetti Namestnikov Ehlers
Niederreiter Lowry Appleton
Barron Gustaffson Iaffalo
Kupari

Morrissey Demelo
Samberg Miller
Salomonsson Pionk
Fleury

Waivers: JAD, Coghlan

When Heinola and Stanley come back, they can send down Salomonsson.

This (lineup above) is 22 players and would allow them to keep Lambert until the two D men return. If both Salomonsson and Lambert are performing well, you could waive Stanley or Fleury.
If Saomonsson plays himself onto the opening day roster, I have a feeling they'll keep 8 D and not risk losing one of Fleury or Coghlan to waivers. Having both Ville and Stan go down at the same time is an example of why you can't have too much depth

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
If Saomonsson plays himself onto the opening day roster, I have a feeling they'll keep 8 D and not risk losing one of Fleury or Coghlan to waivers. Having both Ville and Stan go down at the same time is an example of why you can't have too much depth
I think they believe they have a better chance of getting Coghlan through waivers next week than 6 or 8 weeks into the season.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I would hardly call Kupari and JAD veterans. They’re as young or younger than Kovacevic when he was claimed. It’s funny how fans don’t have the same attachment when their team didn’t develop a player.
Once you are past your ELC you are considered a veteran in the eyes of the NHL as you now need waivers to be sent down. Both are also now in their mid 20s.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just a further note...I'm really not sure why we kept Iaffalo around to be a 4 million dollar fourth liner. Would prefer more speed/youth there like Kupari, JAD, Chib or Lamberlainen.
They probably didn’t want to pay the price to clear the cap space for a serviceable player with only 1 year left on his contract. Also if you want to move him he likely goes into a positive value position at the TDL once a team doesn’t have to cover his salary for the season.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Buffdog

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Agreed about the forwards but I think they may keep Salomonsson around until someone comes back from injuries.

Reactions: Buffdog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad