GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Could I hit get the Coles notes on his comments. Did he make it sound like both were in tough to make it?
No, he dodnt mention any youth by name in August. He did say that they'd be starting out with CSV and Names at 2C (basically)

Then today he talked about Lambert at 2C tonight but the also said that he wants to get Names together with Perfetti and Ehlers ASAP and that the last few preseason games the vets need to get up to speed and familiarity with each other (while at the same time saying Lambert would get more looks I think)

Then he mentioned injuries a few times and said something about the next person in line to get in the line up is the 13F but it would depend on where in the line up it was (suggesting that Lambert could see a call up if it was in the top 6)

The comments today are somewhere in the TC thread I think and are worth listening to. I probably botched that a bit

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No, he dodnt mention any youth by name in August. He did say that they'd be starting out with CSV and Names at 2C (basically)

Then today he talked about Lambert at 2C tonight but the also said that he wants to get Names together with Perfetti and Ehlers ASAP and that the last few preseason games the vets need to get up to speed and familiarity with each other (while at the same time saying Lambert would get more looks I think)

Then he mentioned injuries a few times and said something about the next person in line to get in the line up is the 13F but it would depend on where in the line up it was (suggesting that Lambert could see a call up if it was in the top 6)

The comments today are somewhere in the TC thread I think and are worth listening to. I probably botched that a bit

Ah. Sounds like he's planning on running the same top 9 to start. To be fair that top 9 had a strong first 40 games and that performance likely trumps anything shown in these 6 preseason games in the coaches mind.

Really reinforces my view that training camp really doesn't matter much. Most coaches know exactly what their roster will look like going in.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think it's starting to get interesting.

Jets will look different, faster, if they run Namestnikov and Kupari as 2C and 4C.

You have Lambert taking a legitimate run at 2C.

He may not win, but he's getting the experience so that he's a capable top 6 replacement.

Anderson-Dolan is making an impression. Getting to play on Lowry's line, there's a bigger body replacement for Appleton, or Nino for that matter. He might be one of the last cuts or he may stick. There's 4 former Kings now in our group, not a bad team to poach.

Parker Ford comes in as a 4th line replacement level guy, with lots of energy.

Chibrikov can score, where he fits is still uncertain, but that's some serious depth.

Toninato and AJF can play in the NHL too.

I'd say Lundmark being able to play either side makes a strong case as a 7th d-man.

Fleury has had one game, after the birth of his son, he's going to get into that fight in the last few games.

Coghlan seems relatively easy to waive but has shown some replacement level value.

Kahkonen is probably going to beat out Comrie for the backup job, which is expected.

In spite of what was seen as a weak offseason from Chevy there's some good depth in the lineup, with acquisitions, but also internal growth.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think it's starting to get interesting.

Jets will look different, faster, if they run Namestnikov and Kupari as 2C and 4C.

You have Lambert taking a legitimate run at 2C.

He may not win, but he's getting the experience so that he's a capable top 6 replacement.

Anderson-Dolan is making an impression. Getting to play on Lowry's line, there's a bigger body replacement for Appleton, or Nino for that matter. He might be one of the last cuts or he may stick. There's 4 former Kings now in our group, not a bad team to poach.

Parker Ford comes in as a 4th line replacement level guy, with lots of energy.

Chibrikov can score, where he fits is still uncertain, but that's some serious depth.

Toninato and AJF can play in the NHL too.

I'd say Lundmark being able to play either side makes a strong case as a 7th d-man.

Fleury has had one game, after the birth of his son, he's going to get into that fight in the last few games.

Coghlan seems relatively easy to waive but has shown some replacement level value.

Kahkonen is probably going to beat out Comrie for the backup job, which is expected.

But in spite of what was seen as a weak offseason from Chevy there's some good depth in the lineup, with acquisitions, but also internal growth.

Agreed, the battle for those last slots is heating up.

I was quite impressed with Lundmark last night and Gus, Kupar, and JAD all had strong games.

I think many of these races will come down to the wire.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I was quite impressed with Lundmark last night and Gus, Kupar, and JAD all had strong games.

Yeah I think the road games will be a test for that battle. Kupari might find himself between Apples and Barron going up against NHL competition...Maybe you see Perfetti and Lambert with Iafallo.

It would be nice to see how Lundmark stacks up against a more NHL looking roster.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kupari really needs to show something sooner than later, after the hype about him turned into a big turd all last season!
He impressed me last night. He's big and fast, but you can see that he also has some skill and creativity. I think he might just need more playing experience to figure out how to use his skills more consistently.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I'm feeling pretty good about the near future of the Jets D.

Losing always tweeners Chiz and Kova, never tweener Gawanke, and seeing guys like Kuzmin and Lundmark step up with Salmo I'm sure improving steadily with some AHL experience is pretty encouraging. Fleury is a bit of a wildcard. I really don't get the pickup of elder Coghlan but I guess having some NHL experience as a backup plan is never bad.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Losing always tweeners Chiz and Kova, never tweener Gawanke, and seeing guys like Kuzmin and Lundmark step up with Salmo I'm sure improving steadily with some AHL experience is pretty encouraging. Fleury is a bit of a wildcard. I really don't get the pickup of elder Coghlan but I guess having some NHL experience as a backup plan is never bad.

This org prefers safe players at the bottom of the roster and Lundmark is that. I could see him getting into some games this year and he's thr type of player that shouldn't have an issue passing through waivers.

I think Kuzmin has a long ways to go to be comparable to Chisholm who was a standout player in the AHL at the same age.

I'm very interested in seeing how quickly Salomonsson can adapt to the AHL.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011

It may be that we're going to need Coghlan after LA comes knocking on our door for 4 point per game Pionk. Lol.

Really unfortunate injury for Doughty!

Reactions: Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad