GDT: All things training camp

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
“If I’m a young player in the Jets organization today, I’m pretty excited about the opportunities in front of me. I’m working hard in the off-season to make sure I can take full advantage”

Chevy - July 2, 2024

By taking full advantage he meant show your ready for call up duty to eat 🍿 in the press box later in the year!

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
“If I’m a young player in the Jets organization today, I’m pretty excited about the opportunities in front of me. I’m working hard in the off-season to make sure I can take full advantage”

Chevy - July 2, 2024
Translation: "Again, we're going to be exactly the same, certainly."

• Haha
Reactions: jungles

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I was wondering if they would have Miller and Salo as the 3rd pairing. But it doesn't look that way, at least to start.

So why would the Jets keep Salo up as a potential press box 7/8th dman rather than playing 20+ minutes in all situations with the Moose?

Maybe it's the shortage of Moose games in October, but it seems odd they wouldn't just have Coghlan as #7 and go with a 22-man roster or keep 3 tenders for 23.

Reactions: roccerfeller

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I was wondering if they would have Miller and Salo as the 3rd pairing. But it doesn't look that way, at least to start.

So why would the Jets keep Salo up as a potential press box 7/8th dman rather than playing 20+ minutes in all situations with the Moose?

Maybe it's the shortage of Moose games in October, but it seems odd they wouldn't just have Coghlan as #7 and go with a 22-man roster or keep 3 tenders for 23.
think helle missing and potentially missing tomorrow has complicated things, he may have made the team but maybe unable to play weds depending on the status of helle

Reactions: surixon

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Chevy - July 2, 2024

the sequence of some posts and narratives through the summer is always great to look back on on how delusional some posters are. all those posts crapping on bowness for not playing kids and hyping arniel & predicting big roles for some prospects to start. yet here we are again.
some posters need a slice of humble pie and a cup of reality for real, wish i bookmarked a few more that i read tbh. the Jets line-up is honestly easily to predict and has been for years. in-season injuries or contract status/FA departures will propel youth forward it has almost always been like this.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
think helle missing and potentially missing tomorrow has complicated things, he may have made the team but maybe unable to play weds depending on the status of helle

They may also want to ease him in where they can shelter him against a weaker team like Chicago at the home opener on Friday.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
Did you know that the oldest Jets player is Nino Niederreiter at 32? I just read his interview in a swiss newspaper and he has changed his diet to keep up with the young guns.

He also stated they had wasted too much energy at the end of last season and that their tanks were empty when they faced Colorado.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
“If I’m a young player in the Jets organization today, I’m pretty excited about the opportunities in front of me. I’m working hard in the off-season to make sure I can take full advantage

Chevy - July 2, 2024
They didn't take full advantage

Neither Lambert nor Chibs showed that they're an upgrade for the spots they were competing for. Both got good, long looks at camp

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Translation: "Again, we're going to be exactly the same, certainly."

It is a bit of a bummer, although Salo *may* have made the team which is a nice surprise

McGro made the Pens opening roster, would he have cracked the Jets roster this year or been sent to the ahl? Or does he look justified in his desire to leave our org if making the nhl this year was his goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad