All Things Jerseys

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
This is going to be an odd one for sure but:

Back in 2019, my wife got me a Christmas gift. It was a game-worn jersey of Lias Andersson that he wore in Calgary in March of that year. It was the game where I appeared on the MSG Broadcast and Sam Rosen mentioned me by name. She also got me the helmet and gloves he wore in that game.

Lias may have moved on, but that jersey is still valuable to me because of the memory of the game.

In terms of the actual jersey, I have to go with the game-issued Hall of Fame Legends game jersey of Henrik Lundqvist from last November

That’s a pretty sweet memory for you and your wife and awesome to have the matching gear!
Way cool to get a shout out from Joe and Sam, too! I can see why that one is memorable.

But, that Hank jersey! 😍🙌

Reactions: SirJW

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That’s a pretty sweet memory for you and your wife and awesome to have the matching gear!
Way cool to get a shout out from Joe and Sam, too! I can see why that one is memorable.

But, that Hank jersey! 😍🙌

Yeah, that Lundqvist jersey is amazing. The game-worn Lundqvist jersey from that Legends game sold for 9k (see below) so I will gladly take the game-issued jersey. I got it through the equipment manager that weekend. Definitely the best souvenir from that trip.

1717832652292.png

Reactions: SirJW

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Ducks new kit is so disappointing. Adding unnecessary updates to the logo is one thing, but to apply it to a boring, eye burning orange set is just a cruel joke for what could have been. It lacks contrast, and honestly, makes me very uncomfortable.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
Ducks new kit is so disappointing. Adding unnecessary updates to the logo is one thing, but to apply it to a boring, eye burning orange set is just a cruel joke for what could have been. It lacks contrast, and honestly, makes me very uncomfortable.
Little contrast and I thought it was a chance to get rid of that gold accent color. But, I suppose that gold accent ties it back to their Cup winning team. Owners are insistent on orange though, so it is what it is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s not THAT bad. I’ll wait and give it a chance to see it in on ice action. It might surprise us. It could have been worse, though. At least that Street Fighter Webbed Duckfoot is off their crest now.

F4E7B7A7-A3F2-4898-B2F2-4691C90A1AC3.jpeg

Reactions: Cygnus 2112

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Little contrast and I thought it was a chance to get rid of that gold accent color. But, I suppose that gold accent ties it back to their Cup winning team. Owners are insistent on orange though, so it is what it is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s not THAT bad. I’ll wait and give it a chance to see it in on ice action. It might surprise us. It could have been worse, though. At least that Street Fighter Webbed Duckfoot is off their crest now.

View attachment 888135
The old ducks uniform was tied with washington as the worst in the NHL, now Washington in my view has sole possession.

It is about a wasted opportunity to me more than anything, and just generally disliking all orange jerseys with few exceptions (creamsicle buccs, astros).

The gold and orange just mush together.

And modern logo design "ethos" of needing thick, faded color shadows and accent lines to "create depth and dynamics" is so overplayed. I see no difference between any amateur designs on instagram and the final products for teams in all sports. Blah

"Tiger tiger tiger"....Sagat, for some reason

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Where? When?
Adidas had online sales in mid-April, end of April and near the end of May. They discounted the jerseys and then on top of that they had site-wide discount codes that you could add on to save even more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad