OT: All things Food

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I use Ripple unsweetened plant-based "milk" in my cereal and haven't looked back.
Don Choralone is going Sanford and Son on us

cccfc75a0661a9ceff8d58f5b72d1519.jpg

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I almost went there the other day, so I'll give it a shot soon. I go to Hafez Cafe in that same shopping center almost once a week, which serves up some really good Persian food.

I can't believe that center is not only still standing, but it looks exactly the same way it did in the 90's, when even then it was kind of dumpy with all the new ones built in the area. My mom used to be obsessed with the Italian Place that was in there in the 90's (it was called 20/20), we would eat there at least once a week.

My girlfriend in HS was Arab and she would take me to a couple of the places in there, not sure if it's the same places anymore, but I know they had a few Middle Eastern options, including a market.

Just this week with my new smoker.

Beef Party ribs
View attachment 911904

Bison burgers
View attachment 911905

Baby Back party ribs
View attachment 911906

Smoked Salsa (Costco's is great but this is better)
View attachment 911907

Looks amazing. I do bison now a lot more than steak and ground beef, just night and day better to me. I smoke a good amount of my meals now, I feel like I have finally mastered ribs and brisket after a long-ass time of trial and error. I am actually deciding now if I want to smoke venison or brisket for Thursday night football.

Cool thread, btw.

Last edited:

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
I'm an OC guy
Terra Mia in Laguna Hills makes a good pie. NY style.
Lunitas Pizza in San Juan is a good sheet pan style. Detroit maybe. Anyway, high quality and not inexpensive.

Try the pizza at Costellos in MV. Surprisingly good. Would be quality at a pizza place- the fact the place is a bar makes it all the tastier...

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Try the pizza at Costellos in MV. Surprisingly good. Would be quality at a pizza place- the fact the place is a bar makes it all the tastier...

Ha, I looked up a picture of this place and my first thought was, what was the name of the Mexican joint that was there forever? I worked at the Kaleidoscope in high school and I remember stupid shit (for south OC) would always go down on that end of that center. Can't remember if it was that place, or was there some other bar in there too?

It's so weird as I become an old fart and sound like my parents describing what was in centers 25 years ago, but to me that will always be the Sport Chalet center. Although I'm sure the Target has been there forever now.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Ha, we'll go to Costello's to watch a 80's cover band every now and then. Usually we'll eat at Santoras off Marguerite pkwy and Avery, wings n pizza and beverages, not amazing, not horrible.

Ha, I looked up a picture of this place and my first thought was, what was the name of the Mexican joint that was there forever? I worked at the Kaleidoscope in high school and I remember stupid shit (for south OC) would always go down on that end of that center. Can't remember if it was that place, or was there some other bar in there too?

It's so weird as I become an old fart and sound like my parents describing what was in centers 25 years ago, but to me that will always be the Sport Chalet center. Although I'm sure the Target has been there forever now.
Yup, it was a Mexican joint at some point. Were you a MV or Capo kid? I grew up in San Clemente in the 70's and 80's

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
BTW, i love hearing other loyal Kings fans who grew up in OC pre-Ducks....and not only continue to be loyal King fans, but also hate the Ducks! It truly makes my heart melt. Life is good.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Kingnut

Jul 17, 2013
BTW, i love hearing other loyal Kings fans who grew up in OC pre-Ducks....and not only continue to be loyal King fans, but also hate the Ducks! It truly makes my heart melt. Life is good.

Yeah Im in the OC and I cannot change. Sux as the ponda center is like 15 min away and tix are cheaper and their telecasts are free on victory plus, while we are stuck w ballys' who I will not support as they took my money last yr and provided $%^& service.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad