GDT: All things Baseball part 2, the one where the White Sox make history!

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I'm a Nats fan these days, so very much in favor of a hard cap and spending floor, and I get why people find the Yankees obnoxious, but since I never had any attachment to the Braves, watching the Yankees when I was in upstate NY for college was the first time I had ever really got at all invested in baseball. So I still pull for them when I'm watching unless they're playing the Nats.

Also, I got to see Stanton play a few times when he came through Greensboro in A ball. So watching his run right now (just hit a big 3 run shot!) is pretty fun.

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I'm a Nats fan these days, so very much in favor of a hard cap and spending floor, and I get why people find the Yankees obnoxious, but since I never had any attachment to the Braves, watching the Yankees when I was in upstate NY for college was the first time I had ever really got at all invested in baseball. So I still pull for them when I'm watching unless they're playing the Nats.

Also, I got to see Stanton play a few times when he came through Greensboro in A ball. So watching his run right now (just hit a big 3 run shot!) is pretty fun.
Nats are my NL “bandwagon” team since I’ve been in DC. Not a huge fan but I love going to the games. Plus one of my happy memories was watching them win the world series (on tv) with my nephew (who is a Nats fan).

Reactions: cptjeff

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Haven't followed baseball for a long time and I don't like either team. Having said that, I like the match up. Two old school teams, east vs. west, best regular season record in each league, Ohtani vs. Judge, significant star power beyond those two on each team. Oh, and I guess they each have pitchers, as well, lol?

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Haven't followed baseball for a long time and I don't like either team. Having said that, I like the match up. Two old school teams, east vs. west, best regular season record in each league, Ohtani vs. Judge, significant star power beyond those two on each team. Oh, and I guess they each have pitchers, as well, lol?
It’s legitimately awesome for baseball. Just horrible for my sanity.

• Haha
Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad