GDT: All things Baseball part 2, the one where the White Sox make history!

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Just like when people get suspended for gambling these days, taking sponsorship money does not make it right for guys to break the clear and obvious rules related to the same subject. I feel like he also wasn't really one of those guys that made you believe that he really felt any remorse or change related to the situation that wasn't out of the self interest of getting back into baseball. I probably would have eventually let him in as well while he was alive but it all really comes down to his actions, so I don't really care all that much either.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I guess I'm a bad fan. I didn't realize the Braves were eliminated last night. At least it wasn't to the Phillies for the 3rd year in a row I guess.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

20240916_215107.jpg

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Again there is a 200 million dollar difference in the payroll I don't see how you can call it a choke. It's certainly disappointing but a choke?
Talking more about this game that they seemed to have fairly comfortably in hand until the 8th and they've just been making tons of mental mistakes

EDIT: Of course now after tying it late it could turn into the world's greatest comeback

EDIT EDIT: You're welcome for the reverse Jinx Guards fans!!!

Last edited:

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Feel like owners should be encouraged to spend more in baseball, not less.

That said, I realize the Yankees are obnoxious and get why people cheer against them lol
Its not just them. All 3 remaining teams not from Cleveland have a payroll of 350 million plus. The Guardians are right around 150 million.

The biggest issue with the no cap thing, other than it makes it hard for fans of the "other" teams to care much past the All Star break, is that for teams like the Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, etc is they can buy their way out of huge mistakes. They sign a guy for long term and he fizzles out or gets injured? No big deal lets buy the next best thing this off season.

It does however show just how good of a front office the Guards have because they have been competitive for the better part of a decade with one of the lower payrolls in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad