All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread pt 6 - let the waiting game commence

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
To add onto the thought we arent in serious contention for a big UFA, Chip said we do not have any face-to-face set up with any UFAs. Waddell has called half a dozen.

edit: fresh got me by about a second

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
why does ice chip have me blocked

35TFjaI.gif

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It might've been LeBrun's article today that mentioned a lot of players feel that in person visits are overrated. Unless you are desperate to be wined and dined, they've all been everywhere in the league and most of the questions and visions can be accomplished on a conference call. Not saying we're in a big dog, but it doesn't have to be small potatoes either.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Doug Wilson is very good at his job but something has to give there. I think one of their RFA's get moved not OS. We are rumored to have interest in Aaron Dell. Dell + Labanc could be a package i could see working for us. We get the right shot top 6 forward we need plus a backup to Mrazek(Hopefully) with one year left. That perfectly sets up the backup for Ned next season. Gives the sharks cap space to sign their pieces. Dont know what the cost would be.

Something like McGinn, Fleury, and our 2nd and Buffalo's 3rd for Labanc and Dillon?

They will get a roster defender (with bunch of potential) and a roster forward for Dillon's cap hit, we get better on the PK and get a RH playmaker. Make the pick the 2nd rounder a conditional 1st if we make it to the ECF. All parties agree to a deal so that we know the money will work for SJ. Based on Rod's comments on Bean, this gives Bean another year to get the pace of the game while being the 1st call up on the left side.

I took both of these to the Sharks board and they didn't like either of them much. They like Fleury as a cheap bottom pairing option but not at the price of Labanc. I think they're hurting for top-6 guys as much as we have been and are in compete now mode so not interested in futures. Will be interesting to see how it plays out but they'll have to be creative to not lose anything of value.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I took both of these to the Sharks board and they didn't like either of them much. They like Fleury as a cheap bottom pairing option but not at the price of Labanc. I think they're hurting for top-6 guys as much as we have been and are in compete now mode so not interested in futures. Will be interesting to see how it plays out but they'll have to be creative to not lose anything of value.
I bet they dont like either. I didnt pay premium for Labanc. SJ isnt in position to wait on premium.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I really doubt Faulk gets moved unless his contract ask is just redonkulous.

There's so much going on, I completely forgot about the Faulk situation.

I think people putting Necas on the 3rd line to start are dreaming as least not on rod's watch. It took svech what? 15 - 20 games to break off the 4th line to start last season.

Svech was an 18-year-old first-year pro. Necas is 20, has played a full year in the top Czech league and a full year in the AHL. The whole point of being patient with Necas was to *not* have to be careful with him when he came up for good.

Yep. I don't think we're players for any big ticket UFAs. I still think our thing is going to be to pounce when a good, young player comes available once the big-ticket guys start signing.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Svech was an 18-year-old first-year pro. Necas is 20, has played a full year in the top Czech league and a full year in the AHL. The whole point of being patient with Necas was to *not* have to be careful with him when he came up for good.

Yep, no need to be "careful" with him.

But "not being careful" and "expecting top 6 production" are different things. By penciling him in on the third line I don't think Kev is saying expect max production. Just that he can hold down a regular third line shift without having to have 90% offensive zone starts against the third pairing.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
yikes - just looked at their salary structure - going to be looking real bad in 3-5 years
Exactly. I'd be happy taking on the more expensive dell and dillon to get Labanc. Forsberg doesnt excite me as a backup, in the slightest. He'd be a cheap backup for them or a guy that could be their 3rd. If they sign a veteran for low. Dillon would be an expensive 3rd LHD for us but he would be a solid PK and veteran for us. The fans have to accept that they have to shed things. Unless they sign Meier for a cheap bridge deal (which I dont see how there is anyway they can since other teams have already started calling him) they cant keep Labanc and Meier. To be able to afford all that, McGinn and Fluery would have to go the other way. Also, Darling would have to bought out.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
One poster did come back and say that DW (Wilson, not Waddell) would probably take the Fleury+McGinn+2nd/conditional 1st+ BUF 3rd for Dillon and Labanc.

Do it Donny!

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2016
True. Would he be worth an amount that they wouldn't match though?
Not sure. I think if they match they can't trade him for a year - so it would likely cause them to lose someone else to make space. Considering Meier is their #1 priority and they have to fill 5 forward spots it would put them in a tough position to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad