All purpose trade/roster building thread part 12

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
And then we get to do the goalie shuffle for a 4th straight offseason?

Oh, now that's something that'll get your nips hard.
no necessarily to do another goalie shuffle. It mitigates risk in case he doesnt work out or has bigger injury issues.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
But if we're not doing the shuffle, what is the point? Whats the point to all this?
Maybe Raanta comes in a really plays well in our system.
Maybe he comes in and has injury issues or doesnt mess well with the system.

We have a year to figure it out before we make a long term investment, which is good.

Maybe, I am not understanding your point. In the end Raanta's GSAA is well above Mrazek and Reimer.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I do as well but signing Lehner requires us to move both goaltenders. That will be difficult
We'd need to move 1 goalie sure, but why would we need to move both? I think we'd jettison Gardiner if we needed to free up more cap (or Dzingel). Lehner/Mrazek or Lehner/Reimer would be a great duo next year! Hell if we did move both I wouldn't even be mad at a Lehner/Ned tandem (of course if Lehner gets injured we're possibly ****ed)

Reactions: Stickpucker

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
There’s always the risk with Lehner that he goes off the rails. I’m not sure the Canes need another one of those in net. Why risk it? Nah.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Lehner has publicly stated that he doesn't want to sign another short "discounted" contract. He is looking to get paid. So I doubt he will be heading our way, but maybe COVID/flatcap will prevent that from happening... IDK.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I was saying earlier that I personally believe that the Skjei deal was a scout's trade and not a statistician's trade: well, Lavalette basically confirms the same thing that I've long suspected, that this move was influenced by Darren Yorke's office. It sort of gives credence to my argument that the GMBC is really an equal collaboration between Waddell, Tulsky, and Yorke:

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Pens fan here. I was going through teams and available goalies this offseason and thought that Lehner would be a great fit for Carolina.

Should the Pens trade Murray to, let's say, Detroit they will need a backup that can be a tandem with Jarry. Mrazek or Reimer would both seem to be a good options.

Hypothetically, let's say that the Pens trade Murray and the Canes sign Lehner. What would it take to acquire one of Mrazek or Reimer?

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Pens fan here. I was going through teams and available goalies this offseason and thought that Lehner would be a great fit for Carolina.

Should the Pens trade Murray to, let's say, Detroit they will need a backup that can be a tandem with Jarry. Mrazek or Reimer would both seem to be a good options.

Hypothetically, let's say that the Pens trade Murray and the Canes sign Lehner. What would it take to acquire one of Mrazek or Reimer?
Y’all don’t have much in the line of picks. Assuming JR wants to keep what little he has, got an expansion exempt prospect you wouldn’t mind parting with?

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Not a fan giving something like 4 or 5 years contract to Lehner. Mrazek is adequate and cheaper. Also big part of the room. Not sure Lehner make us contender at all, not to mention we have to think about Svech and Hamilton eventually. Not the right time to overpay. Be patient and develop some of the goalies in the system. If Blues can win with JB, why not with Mrazek?

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Y’all don’t have much in the line of picks. Assuming JR wants to keep what little he has, got an expansion exempt prospect you wouldn’t mind parting with?

Ah, I guess I should've described what I think would be coming in from a Murray to Detroit trade. I think the Pens could get an early second and a 3rd. And perhaps Madison Bowey. Would you accept a 3rd?

As far as draft exempt prospects I think the Pens would consider parting with for one year of a veteran goalie (and that may have a chance at an NHL future) would be:

Justin Almeida
Jan Drozg
Jordy Bellerive
Niclas Almari
Kaspar Bjorkqvist (harder to give up)
Filip Hallander (harder to give up)
Nathan Legare (harder to give up)

So, uh, not much there.

Last edited:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Ah, I guess I should've described what I think would be coming in from a Murray to Detroit trade. I think the Pens could get an early second and a 3rd. And perhaps Madison Bowey. Would you accept a 3rd?

As far as draft exempt prospects I think the Pens would consider parting with for one year of a veteran goalie (and that may have a chance at an NHL future) would be:

Justin Almeida
Jan Drozg
Jordy Bellerive
Niclas Almari
Kaspar Bjorkqvist (harder to give up)
Filip Hallander (harder to give up)
Nathan Legare (harder to give up)

So, uh, not much there.

I actually think that Matt Murray would be the quintessential Canes acquisition. I'd do a deal with you guys for Nedeljkovic + picks, then deal Reimer to a backup-needy club with some retainment for a 3rd.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

I think they'd give either one away for cap relief in that scenario.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

I want Brian Dumoulin back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad