Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
lol when you have a signed contract and "ask:" or "demand" to be traded...is there a difference?

you can spin in semantic circles all you want....

doesn't change the fact the kid has left 3+ coaches, 2 GM's and a host of teammates unhappy with his attitude and effort. is often injured, has been very streaky in both effort and results, and tends to score in big batches against weak opponents and then disappears when the quality increases...

and if you can't google the kids name and click the "news" button? I'm not sure that reading is something you are interested in. here's some. they talk about his troubles in dressing rooms, his mouthing off to coaches and getting benched, and blaming everyone but himself for his attitude and failings.

guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFNx4_kJeaIlvHNzNyMG6fzuu6FrRiJ6Pzd7JC9-ouRaKf8jq8bdvuexKzNQqgDIQO15pVvVB3paZskQUY-zIBs6k6UJCP8qdtXXSgcSBWh8T3fEo7bFAPVEwZBccRdGGufFNilinam0YPPeD-hHxMSK35KmHzxlYnpxd84NroB6

Yes

I didn't need to, you did it for me. 😉

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
HFJets:

Corson Ceulemans has no value even though he's a big right handed defenseman taken in the first round three years ago

Also HFJets:

Jonathan Kovacevic is a valuable asset because he's a big right shot defenseman even though he was drafted as an overager and had inferior stats in the NCAA wasn't as far along in his development at this point in their careers
Don't lump me in with the anti ceulemans crowd haha

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Another comp for a long term deal for Perfetti in Ghule, 6 at $5.5 aav.

I expect we get a contract soon as we are getting a lot of movement on RFA's right now.

Reactions: Buffdog

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agreed, I think he is the prospect most ready to graduate after Ville. It would be nice to introduce both him and Heinola full time to the NHL this season.

There is something way off about that rumour. Not saying a piece of it isn't true, but I think it is missing some of the parts.

Either that or it has some piece added.

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If he's used to acquire a superior or potential cornerstone player to improve the team, what's the issue here?
I wouldn't move him for Necas, but should we exclude him in any deal that improves the team just because "draft and develop" :dunno:

I would consider adding Perfetti to a package with Mcgro to actually fill some long standing holes. Because anyone is tradeable. Something like one of the several much discussed deals with CBJ for example. That would mean Jiricek was part of the return.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I would consider adding Perfetti to a package with Mcgro to actually fill some long standing holes. Because anyone is tradeable. Something like one of the several much discussed deals with CBJ for example. That would mean Jiricek was part of the return.

I wouldn't be trading him for maybes at this point. In a package for an established 1C or 1RD sure but I wouldnt be trading him for prospects and unproven youth. It also doesn't fit what the team is trying to do to win now.

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I know the Laine coming back is a lot of mixed opinions. But how about:

McGroarty, Iafallo, Stanley for Laine (1.7 M retained) and Ceulemans. Money works out about even and we get Laine (big reward upside IMO) and a big defense first RHD that likely ends up slotting in the 4-5 range as an NHL player in a couple years.

Future D

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Salo
Heinola - Ceulemans

Not likely enough for Columbus to bite, but a starting point.

Jeebus! If CBJ wouldn't bite on that they have <0 chance of moving Laine. Ceulemans is not THAT big an add to Laine.

Just to start, I want 2.7 retained. Iafallo + Stanley is almost enough. Not quite but close. Laine isn't quite a negative value, but he is damn close to it. The potential upside is pretty big but the probable upside is much less. Adding McGro makes it extremely attractive for CBJ.

Not saying I wouldn't do it. But saying that CBJ might not bite is overvaluing Laine by a lot. Probably overvaluing Ceulemans too.

Reactions: Snowman

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Another comp for a long term deal for Perfetti in Ghule, 6 at $5.5 aav.

I expect we get a contract soon as we are getting a lot of movement on RFA's right now.
I see the Jets looking at a bridge at this point -
My opinion only but I see them still sorting out what they have in Cole and wanting more time to determine his value and where he fits (position and line wise).

Cole should be looking at it the same way - he wants full value in a long term deal and likely realizes that the Jets have more to see that time / circumstances have not allowed up to this point.

I also think the Jets are better prepared to give him more time in role so they can make the right decision - this year should be the season that allows him more consistent ice time - they may need to do some pre and early season juggling but they will want to land on a line that will provide good support for Cole and opportunity to snow what he can do with solid linemates.

I'd be very surprised if the Jets are looks at comp long term deals in an effort to assess value at this point - they more likely want to see more before pulling that trigger. Cole shouldn't have an issue with that plan - at least I hope he doesn't.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Seravalli who put out that the Jets offered top prospects Rutger McGroarty and Cole Perfetti, along with a draft pick, to lure Necas to the Jets.... Now believes the deal fell through for one of two reasons:

Insufficient Trade Package: The Hurricanes may have simply deemed the Jets’ offer inadequate for a player of Necas’ caliber and potential. Necas, at 25 years old, has shown flashes of brilliance and is on the cusp of becoming a premier NHL forward. Carolina may have been holding out for a more substantial return.

Necas’ Reluctance to Commit Long-Term: Another possibility is that Necas himself wasn’t ready to ink a long-term extension with Winnipeg. Players often have a say in their destination, especially when significant contract negotiations are on the horizon. If Necas had reservations about the Jets’ long-term plans or fit, it could have been a dealbreaker.

As far as the Long-term commitment.... IMO I don't think it had anything to do with the Jets plans...I believe that Necas wants to get to UFA status ASAP. And because of this, no team would trade for him because he wouldn't sign long-term anywhere. Signing a bridge deal is the quickest way to become a UFA.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I see the Jets looking at a bridge at this point -
My opinion only but I see them still sorting out what they have in Cole and wanting more time to determine his value and where he fits (position and line wise).

Cole should be looking at it the same way - he wants full value in a long term deal and likely realizes that the Jets have more to see that time / circumstances have not allowed up to this point.

I also think the Jets are better prepared to give him more time in role so they can make the right decision - this year should be the season that allows him more consistent ice time - they may need to do some pre and early season juggling but they will want to land on a line that will provide good support for Cole and opportunity to snow what he can do with solid linemates.

I'd be very surprised if the Jets are looks at comp long term deals in an effort to assess value at this point - they more likely want to see more before pulling that trigger. Cole shouldn't have an issue with that plan - at least I hope he doesn't.

I had expected both to want a bridge as well given the back half of last year. But then we got all that media buzz on him being open to a long term deal. Was just pointing out another comp for him that will further establish the market if that is what both are looking at.

I think the main point is most of his comps have now signed so there should be a well established market and it shouldn't be difficult now to establish his value and get something done.

I also expect him to get a big role next year and run with it. They are going to have to see if he can be that 2C as they have failed to secure one through other avenues. I doubt they are at all interested in going into another contending year with a raw rookie in Lambert in that role given past behavior.

Seravalli who put out that the Jets offered top prospects Rutger McGroarty and Cole Perfetti, along with a draft pick, to lure Necas to the Jets.... Now believes the deal fell through for one of two reasons:

Insufficient Trade Package: The Hurricanes may have simply deemed the Jets’ offer inadequate for a player of Necas’ caliber and potential. Necas, at 25 years old, has shown flashes of brilliance and is on the cusp of becoming a premier NHL forward. Carolina may have been holding out for a more substantial return.

Necas’ Reluctance to Commit Long-Term: Another possibility is that Necas himself wasn’t ready to ink a long-term extension with Winnipeg. Players often have a say in their destination, especially when significant contract negotiations are on the horizon. If Necas had reservations about the Jets’ long-term plans or fit, it could have been a dealbreaker.

As far as the Long-term commitment.... IMO I don't think it had anything to do with the Jets plans...I believe that Necas wants to get to UFA status ASAP. And because of this, no team would trade for him because he wouldn't sign long-term anywhere. Signing a bridge deal is the quickest way to become a UFA.

Yeah, what a bunch of hogwash from him. No team offers packages like that without a long term commitment.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

If the Canes didn't think that Perfetti and McG were a sufficient package, I wonder what they think they can get for Necas after signing him to a deal that walks him straight to UFA

The only reasons I can think of chevy offering that for him (obviously an extension would have been in place) is because he saw something in Necas to make him think he's a long term answer at 2C OR Chevey was just plain drunk (it happens to the best of us when we're day-drinking at the lake)

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I had expected both to want a bridge as well given the back half of last year. But then we got all that media buzz on him being open to a long term deal. Was just pointing out another comp for him that will further establish the market if that is what both are looking at.

I think the main point is most of his comps have now signed so there should be a well established market and it shouldn't be difficult now to establish his value and get something done.

I also expect him to get a big role next year and run with it. They are going to have to see if he can be that 2C as they have failed to secure one through other avenues. I doubt they are at all interested in going into another contending year with a raw rookie in Lambert in that role given past behavior.

Yeah, what a bunch of hogwash from him. No team offers packages like that without a long term commitment.
As mentioned in my note, I don't think the Jets are ready to establish his value - so comps are kind of meaningless.
Just my opinion - nothing to do with your thoughts on this.

I do agree they will likely give him every opportunity to show his worth - at this point, I don't think they know (I know I don't).

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If the Canes didn't think that Perfetti and McG were a sufficient package, I wonder what they think they can get for Necas after signing him to a deal that walks him straight to UFA

The only reasons I can think of chevy offering that for him (obviously an extension would have been in place) is because he saw something in Necas to make him think he's a long term answer at 2C OR Chevey was just plain drunk (it happens to the best of us when we're day-drinking at the lake)

It seems to me he is in full blown speculation mode. I'm taking all this with a grain of salt now.

As mentioned in my note, I don't think the Jets are ready to establish his value - so comps are kind of meaningless.
Just my opinion - nothing to do with your thoughts on this.

I do agree they will likely give him every opportunity to show his worth - at this point, I don't think they know (I know I don't).

If they go bridge then they still need comps to establish his market value. They don't just pick numbers out of thin air.

If he signs a bridge it will be in the same range as other bridge deals handed out to similar aged and established players.

Reactions: Buffdog

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It seems to me he is in full blown speculation mode. I'm taking all this with a grain of salt now.

If they go bridge then they still need comps to establish his market value. They don't just pick numbers out of thin air.

If he signs a bridge it will be in the same range as other bridge deals handed out to similar aged and established players.
Yes - I get that
I was referring to long term which I believe you were referring to in the post I first responded to -

Reactions: surixon

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Year before trade:
PLD 0.86 ppg at 25 years old. Primary C plus big grit intangibles.

Necas 0.69 ppg (nice) at 25 years old. Primary Winger.

Seeing what PLD got and that supposed package that the Jets offered idk if it's so outlandish? PLD had higher value at the time I'd say given his stats, intangibles plus position so he returned more than that proposed WPG/CAR package.

My assumption tho is that "draft pick" is not a 1st, otherwise it would've been stated given a 1st is the highest tier. I also think there's a possibility Mcgroartys value may just be pretty minimal at this point.

I'm guessing it fell through bc of the long term extension, which is essentially a quasi ntc now.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Year before trade:
PLD 0.86 ppg at 25 years old. Primary C plus big grit intangibles.

Necas 0.69 ppg (nice) at 25 years old. Primary Winger.

Seeing what PLD got and that supposed package that the Jets offered idk if it's so outlandish? PLD had higher value at the time I'd say given his stats, intangibles plus position.

My assumption tho is that "draft pick" is not a 1st, otherwise it would've been stated given a 1st is the highest tier. I also think there's a possibility Mcgroartys value may just be pretty minimal at this point.

I'm guessing it fell through bc of the long term extension, which is essentially a quasi ntc now.
There's an unrealistic premium for power forward centres though... like RHD

Reactions: Dirtbag151

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Agreed. Hence why I'd expect PLD to return more, which he did compared to the Wpg/canes package. Caught me before the edit there haha.
If any of these rumours are true, Im most surprised about the McMichael for McGro deal falling through... maybe his reps really have identified only one or two teams he will play for

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If any of these rumours are true, Im most surprised about the McMichael for McGro deal falling through... maybe his reps really have identified only one or two teams he will play for
Yeah it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
With all of these "I will only play for X and Y" stuff that comes up these days.

I wonder how this impacts draft interview questions

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
'What is your plan to improve your skating technique?'
'What are your greatest strengths?'
'How do you see yourself fitting into a power play?'
'Are you a self-entitled little fkn prick?'
Like I replied in a different thread on the main boards a while back...

Chevy's new draft interview questions to identify someone who would be willing to spend their carreer here:

1. What's the biggest walleye you've ever caught?
2. Can you take out your phone and show me a picture of you with the biggest buck you've ever shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad