Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If he's used to acquire a superior or potential cornerstone player to improve the team, what's the issue here?
I wouldn't move him for Necas, but should we exclude him in any deal that improves the team just because "draft and develop" :dunno:
Not a chance that was offered (I hope).

Do have to worry if Perfetti is on the outs...that would be a huge blow to the so-called draft and develop strategy

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If he's used to acquire a superior or potential cornerstone player to improve the team, what's the issue here?
I wouldn't move him for Necas, but should we exclude him in any deal that improves the team just because "draft and develop" :dunno:
I was talking specifically about the rumour being discussed.

Sure, if we could trade Perfetti for a top, young RHD for example you do that.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That would be my hope -
Get him in the lineup and see how he does -
Agreed, I think he is the prospect most ready to graduate after Ville. It would be nice to introduce both him and Heinola full time to the NHL this season.

I was talking specifically about the rumour being discussed.

Sure, if we could trade Perfetti for a top, young RHD for example you do that.
There is something way off about that rumour. Not saying a piece of it isn't true, but I think it is missing some of the parts.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
From your first paragraph, part the articles. I'm interested in reading them.

I don't recall him "demanding" anything. He asked to be moved, I haven't heard any demands come out from either side. Again, if you've got an article, I'm interested in reading it.
lol when you have a signed contract and "ask:" or "demand" to be traded...is there a difference?

you can spin in semantic circles all you want....

doesn't change the fact the kid has left 3+ coaches, 2 GM's and a host of teammates unhappy with his attitude and effort. is often injured, has been very streaky in both effort and results, and tends to score in big batches against weak opponents and then disappears when the quality increases...

and if you can't google the kids name and click the "news" button? I'm not sure that reading is something you are interested in. here's some. they talk about his troubles in dressing rooms, his mouthing off to coaches and getting benched, and blaming everyone but himself for his attitude and failings.

guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFNx4_kJeaIlvHNzNyMG6fzuu6FrRiJ6Pzd7JC9-ouRaKf8jq8bdvuexKzNQqgDIQO15pVvVB3paZskQUY-zIBs6k6UJCP8qdtXXSgcSBWh8T3fEo7bFAPVEwZBccRdGGufFNilinam0YPPeD-hHxMSK35KmHzxlYnpxd84NroB6

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
lol when you have a signed contract and "ask:" or "demand" to be traded...is there a difference?

you can spin in semantic circles all you want....

doesn't change the fact the kid has left 3+ coaches, 2 GM's and a host of teammates unhappy with his attitude and effort. is often injured, has been very streaky in both effort and results, and tends to score in big batches against weak opponents and then disappears when the quality increases...

and if you can't google the kids name and click the "news" button? I'm not sure that reading is something you are interested in. here's some. they talk about his troubles in dressing rooms, his mouthing off to coaches and getting benched, and blaming everyone but himself for his attitude and failings.

guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFNx4_kJeaIlvHNzNyMG6fzuu6FrRiJ6Pzd7JC9-ouRaKf8jq8bdvuexKzNQqgDIQO15pVvVB3paZskQUY-zIBs6k6UJCP8qdtXXSgcSBWh8T3fEo7bFAPVEwZBccRdGGufFNilinam0YPPeD-hHxMSK35KmHzxlYnpxd84NroB6

:deadhorse

I'm sure we're all well aware of your position on Laine, it's been made abundantly clear.

Media is just a tool for agents and GM's to use, it's also how writers generate/farm engagement to get paid in this modern world.

Some of us would like him back as we feel he's a needle mover.
Some it doesn't matter.
Some hate the idea.

At the end of the day it will be what it will be.
:cheers:

BTW: if I ask you for $5.00 it's much different then if I demand $5.00

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
:deadhorse

I'm sure we're all well aware of your position on Laine, it's been made abundantly clear.

Media is just a tool for agents and GM's to use, it's also how writers generate/farm engagement to get paid in this modern world.

Some of us would like him back as we feel he's a needle mover.
Some it doesn't matter.
Some hate the idea.

At the end of the day it will be what it will be.
:cheers:

BTW: if I ask you for $5.00 it's much different then if I demand $5.00
Laine is a tough call as it is near impossible to get a clear read on his value. IMO at least if the acquisition cost is relatively low he represents a high reward for little risk. At 26 he is still in the front end of his prime. If he ever gets both physically and mentally healthy he can still be a potential game changer for the organization. I wouldn’t want to give up a lot and retention is probably needed but I would be on the happy to welcome him back side.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Rutger, Perfetti and a pick for Necas seems pretty insane, even if the pick was just a mid round

If, and IF that is true the Jets are out on Perfetti big time and that "Perfetan" nickname @sipowicz has for him is more accurate than we thought... :laugh:
I can't believe Chevy would make this deal, as he would be giving up way too much value, to get back just an above average player. Not the kind of deal that Chevy would make, unless he sees huge potential in Necas. This would be a bad deal for the Jets IMO.

Really Perfetti has not been utilized properly, and we don't fully know what his true upside is. Too early to make a deal like this.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I wouldn't be surprised if TNSE and co wanted Laine back just from a $$$ or excitement perspective. Can already see the Winnipeg is Good tagline for marketing.
If TNSE asks itself the question.. “If Laine was a Jet again would that put more butts into seats?” And if the answer is Yes… then they will be seriously considering it. It still has to work from a hockey sense , but they will think about it.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
If TNSE asks itself the question.. “If Laine was a Jet again would that put more butts into seats?” And if the answer is Yes… then they will be seriously considering it. It still has to work from a hockey sense , but they will think about it.
TNSE could lower the ticket prices by $8 million to put more butts into seats it would have the same effect except in the end it would have better results.
With Laine the Jets don't make the playoffs and please tell me once the Jets are out of playoff contention how many people will buy tickets.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I know the Laine coming back is a lot of mixed opinions. But how about:

McGroarty, Iafallo, Stanley for Laine (1.7 M retained) and Ceulemans. Money works out about even and we get Laine (big reward upside IMO) and a big defense first RHD that likely ends up slotting in the 4-5 range as an NHL player in a couple years.

Future D

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Salo
Heinola - Ceulemans

Not likely enough for Columbus to bite, but a starting point.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I know the Laine coming back is a lot of mixed opinions. But how about:

McGroarty, Iafallo, Stanley for Laine (1.7 M retained) and Ceulemans. Money works out about even and we get Laine (big reward upside IMO) and a big defense first RHD that likely ends up slotting in the 4-5 range as an NHL player in a couple years.

Future D

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Salo
Heinola - Ceulemans

I don't think Ceulemans has very much value atm. He hasn't really progressed since being drafted. Impersonal have zero interest in him.

Reactions: Thechozen1

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think Ceulemans has very much value atm. He hasn't really progressed since being drafted. Impersonal have zero interest in him.
And people would also say that about Heinola. Ceulemans had 2 nice seasons in the NCAA and then a bit of a down year in his first AHL season. He just turned 21, and to say he has little value as a big RHD and as a former 1st round pick is just wrong IMO.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Future D

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Salo
Heinola - Ceulemans

Money is only even in year one.

Reactions: WolfHouse

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Money is only even in year one.
And the cap goes up, and Pionk and Apples come off the books, hopefully replaced by guys on ELCs. Chevy only has to make the cap work one season at a time. Never mind our dead money cap buyout money rebounds very nicely.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think bringing back Laine would be a mistake, he's just not that good.
IMO it is hard to know how good Laine can be. Now that we know he went into the players assistance program for mental health issues, we have no idea what the player can be. He was a 2nd OA pick, behind Mathews and every year since except for Bedard he would likely have been #1. Just my opinion if the guy gets his head straight, and gets into peak physical condition, we could get a 40 - 50 goal scorer for a discount price.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
And people would also say that about Heinola. Ceulemans had 2 nice seasons in the NCAA and then a bit of a down year in his first AHL season. He just turned 21, and to say he has little value as a big RHD and as a former 1st round pick is just wrong IMO.
HFJets:

Corson Ceulemans has no value even though he's a big right handed defenseman taken in the first round three years ago

Also HFJets:

Jonathan Kovacevic is a valuable asset because he's a big right shot defenseman even though he was drafted as an overager and had inferior stats in the NCAA wasn't as far along in his development at this point in their careers

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
IMO it is hard to know how good Laine can be. Now that we know he went into the players assistance program for mental health issues, we have no idea what the player can be. He was a 2nd OA pick, behind Mathews and every year since except for Bedard he would likely have been #1. Just my opinion if the guy gets his head straight, and gets into peak physical condition, we could get a 40 - 50 goal scorer for a discount price.
In a draft do over he probably goes 4th behind 3 Yanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad