Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
It doesn't give a reason why the speculated offer didn't work out. Could have been a few things. We know Rutger had his alleged guarantees, and of course Necas may not have been wanting to extend long term here.

Not speaking to how reliable this is. At face value it seems a bit off.

If the part about shopping Perfetti is true though... Jets must really like Necas? And be willing to move off Cole.

Interesting speculation

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If Perfetti hears his name in trade rumours does that change his contract approach?

And if the Jets are considering moving Cole, does that say something about how contract talks are going?

I doubt it changes anything. I also doubt they are shopping him, but won't turn down a deal that makes the team better. I could see a world where the Jets see Necas as a long term Scheifele replacement as the 1C. But this all just speculation in the middle of summer largely to gain clicks while things are dead.

Also if true it just shows that the Jets approach to try to get players is a bit flawed. Instead of chasing big names that have no interest in being here they need to develop good players for key roles that do.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It doesn't give a reason why the speculated offer didn't work out. Could have been a few things. We know Rutger had his alleged guarantees, and of course Necas may not have been wanting to extend long term here.

If the part about shopping Perfetti is true though... Jets must really like Necas? And be willing to move off Cole.

Interesting speculation
That's all it is, is speculation trying to clicks during the hockey quiet season.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

Interesting speculation
or and just hear me out on this, seravalli just made it up

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
That's all it is, is speculation trying to clicks during the hockey quiet season.
I'm hoping so...

or and just hear me out on this, seravalli just made it up
Usually the least likely explanation, even if it's what we are inclined to believe. Missing pieces to this, I can see for sure. An angle they are playing? Almost always. Purely made up? No reason for those guys to do that.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I doubt it changes anything. I also doubt they are shopping him, but won't turn down a deal that makes the team better. I could see a world where the Jets see Necas as a long term Scheifele replacement as the 1C. But this all just speculation in the middle of summer largely to gain clicks while things are dead.

Also if true it just shows that the Jets approach to try to get players is a bit flawed. Instead of chasing big names that have no interest in being here they need to develop good players for key roles that do.
I don't think the Jets were chasing Necas, not seriously anyways. I also don't think they were shopping Perfetti. As much as we would like to hear information on a few fronts, Chevy doesn't have a current pressure point on any of his outstanding issues, so unless a deal meets his ask I expect nothing more until the fall.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Let's look at it like this. The Jets have been trying to fill that 2 C hole since 2018. They have spent the following assets on that pursuit: Laine, Roslovic and three first round picks.

I'm sure they'd part with more high end assets for a long term fix. But as was the case with every single one of those players they have no interest in signing here. As such a new strategy is needed. Instead of wasting all those premium assets on short term fixes it's time to invest resources in developing our own player for that role.

scarbrow

Nov 3, 2016
Value seems high but that's also not taking into account that it could have been for an 7-8 year signed Necas or Necas+Prospect (Casey?).

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Absolutely not doing that for two years of him.
Why in the fk are you lumping me in on that... piss off.

Let's look at it like this. The Jets have been trying to fill that 2 C hole since 2018. They have spent the following assets on that pursuit: Laine, Roslovic and three first round picks.

I'm sure they'd part with more high end assets for a long term fix. But as was the case with every single one of those players they have no interest in signing here. As such a new strategy is needed. Instead of wasting all those premium assets on short term fixes it's time to invest resources in developing our own player for that role.
Lambert is our 2C. Necas and Perfetti are not.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
There's a possibility that Rutger just doesn't have high value. Esp if there's 1-2 teams he would only sign to. Insiders throwing out "draft pick" is the stupidest shit ever. It makes me beleive it wasn't a 1st though, otherwise it would have been clearly stated since that is in a different tier.

Maybe Carolina had an add or two on their side?

Anyway, insiders whether it be tsn (other than Dreger), nhl, sportsnet or self proclaimed HF ones are hardly ever right on the Jets.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I don't know if we have anyone internal unless Lambert can take the next step.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Maybe Carolina had an add or two on their side?

Anyway, insiders whether it be tsn (other than Dreger), nhl, sportsnet or self proclaimed HF ones are hardly ever right on the Jets.
Ya, like Jarvis.

Chevy offered Perfetti or McG or a 1st, not all three at once...

Reactions: Pongs21

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm hoping so...

Usually the least likely explanation, even if it's what we are inclined to believe. Missing pieces to this, I can see for sure. An angle they are playing? Almost always. Purely made up? No reason for those guys to do that.

I think Seravalli is usually reliable but this rumour is just too far over the top to be believable. Maybe if there was an additional piece coming to Jets, like Morrow. But as stated so far? Not a chance.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If that's what people believe I'm not changing anyone's mind. To me there is something missing. I don't believe these guys at the top make shit up out of nowhere and put their name to it. Bit that's just me.
Clicks and views. In today's fragmented, incredibly congested fight for eyes, its commonplace.

I've seen many creators, journalists, and reporters do it, including ones I thought were above reproach.

It's a very difficult industry to be in and make a decent living

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Clicks and views. In today's fragmented, incredibly congested fight for eyes, its commonplace.

I've seen many creators, journalists, and reporters do it, including ones I thought were above reproach.

It's a very difficult industry to be in and make a decent living
Fair enough, sounds like it does happen more than I would think.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Rutger, Perfetti and a pick for Necas seems pretty insane, even if the pick was just a mid round

If, and IF that is true the Jets are out on Perfetti big time and that "Perfetan" nickname @sipowicz has for him is more accurate than we thought... :laugh:
Not a chance that was offered (I hope).

Do have to worry if Perfetti is on the outs...that would be a huge blow to the so-called draft and develop strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad