Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't think it's fair to compare these situations. Pionk was 24 when he signed his last deal, and had leverage due to his remaining RFA years. He still showed promise.

This time around Chevy knows what he is getting, and he also knows that there's likely not a lot of development left for Pionk.

Chevy is also 4 years more experienced.

Fair enough.

But what would you expect from Chevy if Pionk has a good year?

Pionk is approaching 29, so he would be 30 when his next contract kicks in. After a good season I would expect 4 years x at least as much as he is getting now. That is both too much and too long. I wouldn't like a little less term and a little less money either.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Fair enough.

Pionk is approaching 29, so he would be 30 when his next contract kicks in. After a good season I would expect 4 years x at least as much as he is getting now. That is both too much and too long. I wouldn't like a little less term and a little less money either.

Hopefully a trade for some future assets. Ideally, Pionk and a 6th rounder for a 3rd pairing RHD, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, 5th round pick.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Fair enough.

I agree that Pionks camp will look for that but I dont think Chevy pays it

Yogi141

Feb 24, 2018
It looks like Washington is in cap hell. I wonder if we should be looking at Dylan Strome for our second line centre. Maybe we could do something with McGroarty plus a pick. Cap Friendly rates him an 81 as a line two centre. He is signed for 4 more years @ $5 million a year. Right up Chevy's alley.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It looks like Washington is in cap hell. I wonder if we should be looking at Dylan Strome for our second line centre. Maybe we could do something with McGroarty plus a pick. Cap Friendly rates him an 81 as a line two centre. He is signed for 4 more years @ $5 million a year. Right up Chevy's alley.
I think oshie is done so he is going to go on ltir

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Strome is their top centre, a position they are not very deep at, so i would imagine he's pretty much untouchable.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Tarasenko signs with the Red Wings @ 4.75M AAV for a 2 year term. Your turn, Jacob Tuba.

GRl2RBlXYAA-Ki4

• Wow
Reactions: WolfHouse

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
It’s not like players under contract never get traded. He’s still behind Stutzle and Norris.

That said, I still think Columbus is where McG ends up. With Monahan, Jenner, Fantilli, Sillinger, Johnson and Lindstrom all as natural centres in the Organization, something’s gotta give.

If It’s in a bigger package with Ehlers involved then you can maybe pry a good young defenseman from them.
What, no mention of Laine?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

And yet they've been signing people and traded for PLD??? What is their plan? Do they have a plan?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ehlers on their top line would really transform that team... Ovie's not going to be getting any zone entries but he can finish and Ehler's playmaking is under-rated...

Maybe Ehlers/McGro for Iorio/McMichael +

That + better be pretty big.

Man, that roster looks bad.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Tarasenko signs with the Red Wings @ 4.75M AAV for a 2 year term. Your turn, Jacob Tuba.

GRl2RBlXYAA-Ki4

The more I see free agents signing elsewhere while Jets have cap room, the more I start to believe that Cheveldayoff is going to pull the trigger and bring back Laine after he exits the players assistance program. He will then re-sign Ehlers because he is so happy to have his friend back.

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
The more I see free agents signing elsewhere while Jets have cap room, the more I start to believe that Cheveldayoff is going to pull the trigger and bring back Laine after he exits the players assistance program. He will then re-sign Ehlers because he is so happy to have his friend back.
Laine back would be good for laine and the jets

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Where'd these guys come up with the cash to buy CapFriendly?

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
Maybe Sprong but there has to be a backstory with him
Please enjoy this handy infomercial regarding Daniel Sprong.

I'd actually love it if they signed him but given the culture change they just went through bringing in a guy that makes Kyle Conner look like a Selkie candidate is probably not the right move.

Reactions: WolfHouse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad