Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I was thinking the Pinto signing last night might be a good comparable for Perfetti.

Pinto got 3.75 AAV for two years. 2.5m in year one and 5m in year two. Evolving hockey and AFP have Perfetti slightly higher than Pinto on a two year.

They have both played the exact same number of games and Perfetti has 5 more points while playing les minutes per game.

The Lundell contract is a decent comparable but I don't think he would sign it either but what do we know lol

I agree, the Pinto deal is a very likely comparable.

I imagine Cole feels he has much more to prove before he inks long term.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup - I know that Pionk struggled last year (especially after he got hurt and what happened with his friend), but talks of buyout is lunacy for a team that performed so well defensively last year and the fact that we are critically thin on RHD.

Let's hope that Pionk has a renaissance year and then we can go from there.

Last year? He's been bad for at least a couple...

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Not sure what is the most depressing, the fact that Chevy didn't do anything, the rumour that he tried to do a bunch of wrong, bad things, or the fact that nobody he tried to get wanted to be here.
Not sure if I'd call it depressing..

However, my ranking :laugh:

1) he tried to do a bunch of wrong (not horrible but very risky and likely to block prospects and cap flexibility)

2) the fact that Chevy didn't do anything (in the end this isn't bad because he avoided the mistakes a lot of teams made)

3) nobody he tried to get wanted to be here (we have dealt with this often over 13 years, it should be an expectation by now)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well at least the main board threads winners and losers of the summer thread isn't shining a light on us yet. That could be because things aren't as bad as we think they might be...
Or...
We are so out of everyone's sight that they didn't notice the car wreck, house on fire, leaky basement (use whatever euphemism you'd like) that our roster is.

That's simply because we didn't do anything either great or terrible, so we are neither winners nor losers. Just the way Chevy likes it. :laugh:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I was thinking the Pinto signing last night might be a good comparable for Perfetti.

Pinto got 3.75 AAV for two years. 2.5m in year one and 5m in year two. Evolving hockey and AFP have Perfetti slightly higher than Pinto on a two year.

They have both played the exact same number of games and Perfetti has 5 more points while playing les minutes per game.

The Lundell contract is a decent comparable but I don't think he would sign it either but what do we know lol
If his QO is gonna be 5M in two years, why not just give him the long term deal at slightly higher and take arbitration off the table for that f***head Overcharge?

Reactions: Jets 31

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I don't make charts that track incredibly variable metrics that we haven't figured out yet.
You just said you were posting a chart to show us that Pionk has been 'good' - all the stats Ive seen indicate that the Can division season was an anomaly in his career rather than the norm

Pionk only ever had one good season and he bent us over contract wise for it.

Him fluking himself into another good season in a contract year would probably be a bad thing for this organization honestly, unless we traded him at the deadline.
It is worrisome to hear connected guys like Wiebe say they wouldn't be surprised to see a Pionk extension

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I'm not disappointed in Chevy's off season yet. I only wanted a trade for a 1st if it started with a good C or RHD before the add of a 1st.

Mostly what I wanted from FA Frenzy was to not sign Monahan.

So far Chevy has signed not 1 but 2 backup goalies and a needed upgrade at 3RHD.

We still have 2 players to either sign or trade and 2 holes in the roster to fill. The off-season is far from over.
Well said old horse.

It is worrisome to hear connected guys like Wiebe say they wouldn't be surprised to see a Pionk extension
Pionk knows when to go low on Helly, thats at least something. :laugh::sarcasm:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Pionk only ever had one good season and he bent us over contract wise for it.

Him fluking himself into another good season in a contract year would probably be a bad thing for this organization honestly, unless we traded him at the deadline.
So much is said about Helle, ehlers, and Monahans garbage PO's and rightfully so. I guess we're so accustomed to pionk chaos and disaster play his POs just gets 0 burn and swept under the rug since it wasn't a surprise.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I don't make charts that track incredibly variable metrics that we haven't figured out yet.
Then how do you decide who is good and who isn't? And who to play together on a line?

Charts are the only way to do those things (I'm told)

Reactions: Jet

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I really don't get why everyone thinks the sky is falling here. What they didn't over pay for aging vets? Ohh no what will they do without a 36 year old Brenden Dillon? They did exactly what they needed to do they bought out Schmidt to open up some space they let an aging vet move on to get younger guys into the lineup on D & they didn't overpay for mid level forwards.

This team is positioned very well to continue to be competitive, they do absolutely need to nail a winger for defenseman trade but that has been the case for at least a year even before the Rutger stuff they needed to move out a young winger in a trade for help on the back end. Honestly Rutger wanting out might end up being a positive as now when looking at possible returns you can look at true #2 guys instead of 3/4's.

Rasmus Anderssson has been brought up a few times not to say it has to be him but if the Jets were able to swing a Rutger for Andersson like trade and were able to roll a defense of:

JMo/Andersson
Ville/DD
Samberg/Pionk

With their current forward core and the guys on the Moose + Barlow pushing up that's a very solid foundation to continue to try and be competitive with.

Largely agree. Dillon is 33, not 36. I think Jets could have extended Dillon 6-7 months ago and maybe for less than he got from NJD, at least less term. That would have left a block in front of Ville. He would have needed to play 3RD to get in.

Until they signed Miller though, it looked like down 2 Dmen with only 1 coming in. Signing Miller filled that hole. I think he is the kind of smart vet who will help Ville progress.

Not winning the bidding for Monahan and not signing any of the other overpaid UFAs is a victory. Though I really would have preferred signing some of the top 4 RHD who were available over Miller.

McG for Andersson would be great. I doubt Flames are willing to let him go though. Plus Andersson has a 6 team NT list.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Largely agree. Dillon is 33, not 36. I think Jets could have extended Dillon 6-7 months ago and maybe for less than he got from NJD, at least less term. That would have left a block in front of Ville. He would have needed to play 3RD to get in.

Until they signed Miller though, it looked like down 2 Dmen with only 1 coming in. Signing Miller filled that hole. I think he is the kind of smart vet who will help Ville progress.

Not winning the bidding for Monahan and not signing any of the other overpaid UFAs is a victory. Though I really would have preferred signing some of the top 4 RHD who were available over Miller.

McG for Andersson would be great. I doubt Flames are willing to let him go though. Plus Andersson has a 6 team NT list.
Personally, I think our only hope for a Stanley Cup with our current core is a '93 Canadiens run, with Hellebuyck stealing it for us. Barring that, we need at least 2 of our prospects to breakout into NHL stars..

So in that sense, I'm not too worried about Monahan or Dillon or anyone. I really wanted Sean Walker but didn't expect to get him because I assumed a bidding war and expected he'd get a big pay day. He ended up with 5 x $3.6M, which is peanuts. Carrier would have been a nice piece.

I also wanted Chandler Stephenson and hoped we could get him for around 5 x $5 - $6M. He ended up getting 7 x $6.5M. Crazy.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad