Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
A percentage of your draft prospects are supposed to one day make it the NHL someday not languish in the minors, if all they can accomplish is a career in the minors maybe you shouldn't be the one drafting them. I believe Chevy said yesterday the door is open for some of the prospects to make the move, losing out of vets and bloated contracts might put the Jets farther ahead in the coming years.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Sure hope Chevy has a McGroarty trade in the hopper cause as of right now we are a much worse team with a massive question mark at 2C. Sure dont want to go into the season praying and hoping that Perfetti/Lambert is the answer.

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
I'm in but I'd be surprised if 'not future captain' 'likes' the Sens development plans very much. probably feels they're very' northern', not 'Nebrasken-ish' enough

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I thought they would have went after Desharnais. He’s a better version of Stanley. Skates better and is actually uses his size. Was a pretty big part of Oilers PK for most of the playoffs.

Vancouver signed him.
Desharnais was 27 last season, a couple of years older than Stanley, and last season was his first full NHL season. I don't think he's much of an improvement for the next couple of seasons, and he'll cost twice as much as Stanley.

McG, Lucius and Iafallo for Pinto?
Just simplify it and trade McGroarty for Pinto. Ottawa's GM is looking for big, gritty players and McGroarty fits the bill. Ottawa has no cap space to sign Pinto and couldn't even fit Iafallo under the cap at this point. Jets could find another place to trade Iafallo, I would think. Maybe Anaheim or Buffalo. Anaheim could flip Iafallo at the TDL. Buffalo might like his defensive prowess.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Sure hope Chevy has a McGroarty trade in the hopper cause as of right now we are a much worse team with a massive question mark at 2C. Sure dont want to go into the season praying and hoping that Perfetti/Lambert is the answer.
I think Chevy will make a trade and fleece a team that’s in cap trouble for a middle six centre. The McG trade is hopefully for a young soon to be ready nhl D like Mateychuk.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I think Namestnikov is the fall back option at 2C.

Reactions: Buffdog

jokesondee

Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
A Pinto trade just makes so much sense. Theyve got Stutzle and Norris ahead of him at centre so really dont need him, and they do have a need for a winger like McGroarty. Bigger physical guy that can score. McGroarty plus a lower pick or B prospect. Make it happen.

I think Namestnikov is the fall back option at 2C.
Gross.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A Pinto trade just makes so much sense. Theyve got Stutzle and Norris ahead of him at centre so really dont need him, and they do have a need for a winger like McGroarty. Bigger physical guy that can score. McGroarty plus a lower pick or B prospect. Make it happen.

Gross.

Namestnikov is not ideal as a 2C, but he's good enough to make me sure that 5.5M for Monahan for 5 years would be a bad idea.

1719928528488.png
1719928581683.png

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
At this rate i'd throw in a pick to make it happen. I think Pinto is about to explode and the current state of our 2C spot is making me nauseous.

Don't see them wanting Iafallo in there. He would use up all of their remaining cap space.

Not sure what value Lucius adds. If you ignore his injury history it would elevate the package to an overpay. But how do you ignore that injury history? But if he adds enough value to put this deal over the top, I'm all for it. Without Iafallo.

Add Stanley. They need a #7 Dman. And you can't teach 6'7. :laugh:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I agree on the Monahan deal. Would have liked him back but nowhere near that length. Does anyone really think were a playoff team with Namestnikov centering our 2nd line??
Post the lineup and team record to start 2023 through Jan 2024, and compare against the anticipated roster today.

jokesondee

Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
we almost have the same roster as we started with last season
Minus Dillon and Brossoit yes, and im sure it wasnt ideal last season having Namestnikov at 2C either. Namestnikov worked for awhile but he is not a long term answer there.

Yes. Perfetti-Namestnikov-Iafallo was one of our best performing lines last year.
Again, for a short period of time until they all forgot how to create offense and score.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Chevy will make a trade and fleece a team that’s in cap trouble for a middle six centre. The McG trade is hopefully for a young soon to be ready nhl D like Mateychuk.

I'd be over the moon for Mateychuk but I don't see McG returning that much.

Maybe a pipe dream but I see Ehlers holding value for CBJ. He could help Laine recover, either by playing with him or just by being his best bud. He played well with Monahan last year so there is a fit there too.

CBJ will absolutely not part with Jiricek easily or cheaply. But I still hold out hope. I would be more than happy with either of those CBJ Dmen in return for Ehlers.

Signing Monahan has to have made one of their young C's expendable. Signed Ehlers + McGroarty for Jiricek + Sillinger. I don't think either team needs to add. On raw value I think CBJ wins. But considering fits all around plus the fact that we are moving 2 disgruntled players I think the value is good both ways.

Gross.

He performed well last year in that spot. He is obviously not a long term solution but if Perfetti/Lambert need another year, or just can't make it at C, he is an adequate fill in for 1 year.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Minus Dillon and Brossoit yes, and im sure it wasnt ideal last season having Namestnikov at 2C either. Namestnikov worked for awhile but he is not a long term answer there.

Again, for a short period of time until they all forgot how to create offense and score.

No one is claiming that Namestnikov is a long term solution. He is not a long term NHL player at all. But for one year while we found a better solution he is better than some of the guys that just signed for big money. He is an adequate fill in. No more.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Things I'd have done if I were Chevy:

- Buyout Pionk
- Signed Dillon ($4M x 3) and Scott Walker ($3M x 3)
- Tell McGroarty and his agent we aren't moving him and would rather take a compensatory 2nd in 2027 than trade him just on principle.. If he signs in WPG and wants out after 3 years, we will trade him then. Otherwise, enjoy the next 2 years in the NCAA and lost associated millions in career earnings. Don't even call us unless you have changed your mind and are ready to sign. Bye.
- Buyout Comrie (lol)
- Sign Ehlers to $8M x 8.
- Ship Too Big To Fail Stanley to ECHL.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
No one is claiming that Namestnikov is a long term solution. He is not a long term NHL player at all. But for one year while we found a better solution he is better than some of the guys that just signed for big money. He is an adequate fill in. No more.

Yessir! A good transition piece. You hope that Lambert or Perfetti or even Vilardi take that 2C spot at some point.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'd be over the moon for Mateychuk but I don't see McG returning that much.

Maybe a pipe dream but I see Ehlers holding value for CBJ. He could help Laine recover, either by playing with him or just by being his best bud. He played well with Monahan last year so there is a fit there too.

CBJ will absolutely not part with Jiricek easily or cheaply. But I still hold out hope. I would be more than happy with either of those CBJ Dmen in return for Ehlers.

Signing Monahan has to have made one of their young C's expendable. Signed Ehlers + McGroarty for Jiricek + Sillinger. I don't think either team needs to add. On raw value I think CBJ wins. But considering fits all around plus the fact that we are moving 2 disgruntled players I think the value is good both ways.

He performed well last year in that spot. He is obviously not a long term solution but if Perfetti/Lambert need another year, or just can't make it at C, he is an adequate fill in for 1 year.

Sure, but you actually have to give the kids a legit chance before you resort to Namestnikov imo.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Things I'd have done if I were Chevy:

- Buyout Pionk
- Signed Dillon ($4M x 3) and Scott Walker ($3M x 3)
- Tell McGroarty and his agent we aren't moving him and would rather take a compensatory 2nd in 2027 than trade him just on principle.. If he signs in WPG and wants out after 3 years, we will trade him then. Otherwise, enjoy the next 2 years in the NCAA and lost associated millions in career earnings. Don't even call us unless you have changed your mind and are ready to sign. Bye.
- Buyout Comrie (lol)
- Sign Ehlers to $8M x 8.
- Ship Too Big To Fail Stanley to ECHL.

I assume you mean Sean Walker… not this guy Scott Walker (b.1973) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Being a GM sure is easy when you can sign guys for less money and term than they sign for with other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad