Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Comrie is OK singing because $825 is the same as zero with regards to the Cap. But you only get 53 contracts so don't be so lazy Chevy. It's that damn lake living.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Because we are the only team that never participates in building a team via UFAs , then we must build our team via drafting players. We need as many draft picks as possible. So I don't care how close Chevy thinks we are to the Cup just before the trade deadline, the next time he trades a 1st round pick for a rental, he needs to be fired. Period.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
I totally agree but at TDL all you hear Chevy has to do something ... acquire so and so for a Cup run.

He needs to stop half assing it with Monahan type crap….go all in on a Lindholm or stay out of it completely.
Making a move just to make a move is stupid and wasting assets.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
TSN panel discussing the Jets only move was signing Comrie as their 3rd goalie and speculating on who they should sign as the #2....lol

Obviously TSN is out of touch when it comes to the Jets. Thinking we still need a backup goalie...:laugh: Sorry guys, we have our backup. We may not like it, but there he is.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
What a relief that Wayne Bongiovanni was already signed before free agency... I don't think I could take coming out of today with him and Comrie.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
what's the average amount of players you should become nhlers per draft? 2? and you can control them for a total of 7 years, so in that 7 years it should be expected to have 14 players and of those players the skill level will vary, so unless we some how hit big and more then expected you can not build a team entirely thru a draft, there has to be another avenue to fill out the holes on your team, we clearly can't do that thru free agency...

Reactions: Jets 31

Yogi141

Feb 24, 2018
Because we are the only team that never participates in building a team via UFAs , then we must build our team via drafting players. We need as many draft picks as possible. So I don't care how close Chevy thinks we are to the Cup just before the trade deadline, the next time he trades a 1st round pick for a rental, he needs to be fired. Period.
The problem is that as McGroarty showed us, we may start to have a problem signing our first round draft picks. Hard to be a draft and development team when you can't sign your draft picks! I sure hope that Chevy has something up his sleeve, but I am not counting on it. So far he has set up Arniel for failure. Right now our main problem is that we are paying our third and fourth line way too much and as such, we have much less to spend on our top lines. This makes us non competitive in free agency. Unfortunately, I am starting to worry that about the time Chipman realizes Chevy is not the guy, the attendance at the games will be so low that he will simply sell them and they will move away from Winnipeg. I think it may be Chipman's way or no way.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Phew... At least your hot takes are drunken hot takes

Makes more sense now
Who says I’m drunk… as for my “hot takes”, I call it like I see it… if you don’t like it…not my problem.
Too many Chevy apologists around here for my liking

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
If the jets don’t want to spend (or can’t spend) big in free agency. I get that.
Then maybe stop wasting pick, improve the scouting department, and draft better.
It's not about spending the money ... its the players don't want to come unless you over pay.
Lindholm and Zadorov were offered the same money by the Canucks but went to Boston instead.
I agree hire more and better scouts.

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad