Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Oh my people, how often have we seen the offseason winning team crash and burn. Stamkos is older now and nowhere near the player he once was.

Yeah but even then Nashville was pretty close to being a team that could compete and they just got a lot better. Utah has a lot of solid youth that just needed some vets to bolster them.
2 of the worse teams in our division are making moves to get better and we just downgraded at C, D and G.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Wrap it up folks, we got our backup goalie. Jets are done, which honestly isn't a bad thing.

Jets best bet to improve is through trades.

Reactions: hn777

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
so chevy doesnt want to sign any free agents, doesnt want to make trades and doesnt want to play the young guys......helluva strategy
As long as he gets paid and doesn’t get fired, why not…do as little as possible to keep his job.
But, as I’ve said, our best avenue to improve is through trade, not free agency

Reactions: rkp

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah but even then Nashville was pretty close to being a team that could compete and they just got a lot better. Utah has a lot of solid youth that just needed some vets to bolster them.
2 of the worse teams in our division are making moves to get better and we just downgraded at C, D and G.

A lot of this is true in the here and now, but some of these Nashville deals are going to age like milk.

They made their bed signing Saros to go for it. I get that. But sheesh, a lot of dollars and term flying around for older players.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

The day is still young. But if we have a bad year that isn't planned and get a high pick I'm not really going to complain.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
We need to stop trading all our higher picks for these rentals.
The Jets can’t win doing that.
Build through the draft.

That being said, Chevy will probably be the last one making moves today, picking up some of the scraps at good value.
unless you hit on a much higher% of draft picks you cannot build a team entirely thru the draft

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Is any Jets site live blogging free agency? I want to tune in and see what their kids are up to and where I can get a good deal on a suit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad