Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

None

Feb 22, 2012
Know any good pizza places in the city? I usually just make my own, but I’ve been looking for some good options

Wall Street Slice is the obvious one, Tommy's and Parcel are pretty good as well. Trans Canada Brewing for better than draught beer and half decent pizza.

And occasionally I just crave that greasy Gondola thin crust.

Hopefully we get something unexpected Jets-wise tomorrow. I'm hoping a McGroarty trade materializes or he just signs.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Oh, that's @MardyBum 's MO lol. That's what he does when that's all he's got. I take it as "you're right, I have nothing that I can say to intelligently refute your opinion so I'll resort to this emoji as a way of attempting to virtually ridicule your opinion (even though everybody can see what it really is)". He's likely to do it to this post, in fact

@WolfHouse is usually pretty good to interact with when we disagree. We'll both maybe get a little snarky sometimes
:dumbo:

Reactions: Buffdog

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
95% of the time I’m glad the Jets are silent during FA signing frenzy so many bad contracts signed

It’s the worst day of the year to buy older used cars in the NHL.

Any chance we look at guys like Pietrangelo or Trouba?

Neither would come here but if Trouba gets waved I wouldn’t touch that shitty contract with a 10 foot poll.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I would be very disappointed if we sign Monahan, Columbus can have him. Smart player, good on faceoffs, but we need more speed or grittiness if we're going to improve our playoff success.

I think Monahan has utility but a team with Scheifele and Monahan as your 1-2 punch down the middle is not winning a Stanley cup. If our goal is to win a cup it’s not a good move. If our goal is to plug the two centre hole and compete for a playoff spot this season then he wouldn’t hurt in that pursuit.

If we were getting Sean would we not have had a deal in place already?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I think they like Monahan but aren't in love with him. I have a feeling they offered him a contract that is very good value for the Jets, like 2x4m. Monahan is like "okay thanks I'll consider it" and with that, goes into July 1st, thinking of trying to test the market. If there is no offer he likes more, he'll take it and come back.

Or they're actually working on a trade around Laine and need to make that work cap wise and plan on making that 2nd C position a "up for grabs"-kind of situation for Perfetti and Lambert (I personally think that is rather unlikely because untypical for Chevy).

In the end, I think it will come down to the alternate offers Monahan gets on the market. And my feeling says there will be a better offer eventually and he won't be back.

Same with Dillon btw - Jets surely offered a decent contract but Dillon will get other contracts at least as good as the Jets offer and eventually won't be back. But here I am more like 90% sure that is how it turns out. On Monahan, I am more 50-50.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The trick is to never expect anything to happen. Then you'll always be pleasantly surprised. If you expect something to happen you'll always be dissapointed when it doesn't.

As the smallest market in the NHL we should always have this mindset.
On UFA day I take off my Jets centric glasses and just enjoy the spectacle of GMs fighting each other to see who can give out the worst contracts. If anything good happens for the Jets that is just a bonus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad