Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
If you read any more than that into it then I don't know what to tell you.
It is standard Chevyspeak.
In the same interview:

“Rutger’s a prospect within our organization, and that’s where it is right now,”

vs

"Nikolaj Ehlers is a big part of our team. We're very focused on trying to put the best team on the ice that we possible can in order to compete for a Stanley Cup."

"As far as Nikolaj, he's a big part of what we have going forward."

I'm pretty sure you are the only one who saw/heard chevy say this and came away thinking it wasn't a big deal, rutger was our top prospect, every other time he talked about him he would talk him up about he was going to be a big part of our org, now it's just he's a prospect for the jets right now..

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
But it makes my point about analytics perfectly

You're suggesting we gauge 4 guys values based on a number that's generated by a formula that was made up by some asshole on Twitter named "JFresh"
But what I didn't tell you is that I'm actually right handed

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
In the same interview:

“Rutger’s a prospect within our organization, and that’s where it is right now,”

vs

"Nikolaj Ehlers is a big part of our team. We're very focused on trying to put the best team on the ice that we possible can in order to compete for a Stanley Cup."

"As far as Nikolaj, he's a big part of what we have going forward."

I'm pretty sure you are the only one who saw/heard chevy say this and came away thinking it wasn't a big deal, rutger was our top prospect, every other time he talked about him he would talk him up about he was going to be a big part of our org, now it's just he's a prospect for the jets right now..

I don't really see anything interesting or informative about either of those statements.

He might as well just say "We are a hockey team."

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Just saw on the main boards is that rumor has it Tanev in TO for $5M - not sure on the term, but damn... that's for a soon-to-be 35 year old D
they said the term was going to be 6 years because they wanted to bring the aav down and they would worry about it in a few years but then serravalli tweeted that the nhl is going to monitor those type of contracts for cap circumvention so I wonder if they needed to up the aav on a shorter term

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
they said the term was going to be 6 years because they wanted to bring the aav down and they would worry about it in a few years but then serravalli tweeted that the nhl is going to monitor those type of contracts for cap circumvention so I wonder if they needed to up the aav on a shorter term
I'd assume it was more directed at the type of offer that TB allegedly gave Stamkos (8x3M)

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The NHL is going to monitor them just like they monitor LTIR

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Is it possible that Chevy might have any interest in some of the players that did not receive qualifying offers from Dallas ? Players like Nils Lundquist (RD) and Sam Steel(C) might be interesting as reclamation /value players that would fit into our team"window" -both in their early 20`s.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That decision was made in 2021 when Schmidt was still a much better and established player

This is what I was talking about yeaterday WRT your revisionist draft history

What would you have done at the time?
Don't worry, his response will be a laugh emoji as his way to try and minimize your opinion 🤣

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Don't worry, his response will be a laugh emoji as his way to try and minimize your opinion 🤣
Oh, that's @MardyBum 's MO lol. That's what he does when that's all he's got. I take it as "you're right, I have nothing that I can say to intelligently refute your opinion so I'll resort to this emoji as a way of attempting to virtually ridicule your opinion (even though everybody can see what it really is)". He's likely to do it to this post, in fact

@WolfHouse is usually pretty good to interact with when we disagree. We'll both maybe get a little snarky sometimes

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Just over 12 hours until we are grossly underwhelmed yet again. Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me ten times - shame on me for believing in UFA day.

The trick is to never expect anything to happen. Then you'll always be pleasantly surprised. If you expect something to happen you'll always be dissapointed when it doesn't.

As the smallest market in the NHL we should always have this mindset.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The trick is to never expect anything to happen. Then you'll always be pleasantly surprised. If you expect something to happen you'll always be dissapointed when it doesn't.

As the smallest market in the NHL we should always have this mindset.

Personally I'm never all that interested in national overpay day. I'd rather Chevy not do anything.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wouldn't mind us signing someone big at least once. Getting a Zadorov or a Lindholm would be cool for once. Even if it's a bit of an overpay.

I wouldn't classify either as a grade A type of signing.

Zadorov is a second paring dmen that had a bit of a hot streak in the playoffs but imo isn't much better then a Dillon imo.

I'd be ok with Lindholm but he's a 2C, maybe 1b c if he can get back to where he was a few years ago.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I wouldn't classify either as a grade A type of signing.

Zadorov is a second paring dmen that had a bit of a hot streak in the playoffs but imo isn't much better then a Dillon imo.

I'd be ok with Lindholm but he's a 2C, maybe 1b c if he can get back to where he was a few years ago.

I think both improve our team in the short term and fill a hole. Both are the kind of players we need to have in the playoffs which is the big plus for me. If we plan on going back there they are an improvement.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2