Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It seems like they were working on deals for both since Ehlers told them he doesn't want to resign.
they mentioned on an insider trading weeks ago before the mcgroarty news came out that they haven't ruled out trying to extend him

he as in the poster, not ehlers, the poster has a hate boner for everything scheifele so don't take his word for anything on the matter

Reactions: Dirtbag151

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
When we traded for Dillon I was like f*** yeah

When Chevy added Schmidt I was ummm uh okay maybe this will work...

Same as this season with monahan and toffoli.. I was one of the first on board for monahan

Chevy gets hot chicks friend syndrome... he finds someone interested and then is like 'they like me' so fks everyone on a Friday and wakes up Sunday going what the fk have I done
Yeah, and there's the rub

We had just come off a stretch of watching complete plugs like Bietto, Beaulieau, Sbisa, etc as regulars on the blueline. Chevy goes and aquires two proven vets in Dillon and Schmidt and I think we were all pretty pumped, or at least somewhat relieved

The timing of the Kovacevic thing was the issue. There just wasn't a spot on the team for him, and at the time it would have been insane to get rid of one of the guys on the right side for a guy like him with his pedigree (drafted as an overager) who had all of 4 NHL games of experience under his belt

Some guys you lose to waivers and it doesn't matter, and others sting a bit - like in this situation. But that's the point of having waivers in the first place... so guys who deserve to play don't get cockblocked forever on teams who are stacked at their position

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
they mentioned on an insider trading weeks ago before the mcgroarty news came out that they haven't ruled out trying to extend him

he as in the poster, not ehlers, the poster has a hate boner for everything scheifele so don't take his word for anything on the matter

Yeah I think that's just Chevy doing his "due dilligence" same as when Kane, Trouba and Laine wanted out. Keep trying to sign them until it looks like all hope is lost and then trade them.

And oh yeah makes sense. I'd never heard anything about them disliking eachother.

Reactions: roccerfeller

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Yeah I think that's just Chevy doing his "due dilligence" same as when Kane, Trouba and Laine wanted out. Keep trying to sign them until it looks like all hope is lost and then trade them.

And oh yeah makes sense. I'd never heard anything about them disliking eachother.
I've heard scheifele prefers to play with connor but not that he hates eh;ers or refuses to play with him

I just wouldn't rule out an ehlers extension after last summer when the ship had apparently sailed on hellebuyck and scheifele

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I've heard scheifele prefers to play with connor but not that he hates eh;ers or refuses to play with him

I just wouldn't rule out an ehlers extension after last summer when the ship had apparently sailed on hellebuyck and scheifele

Yeah it's very possible we convince him to stay but if his agent is saying he wants out now. It generally seems to go that way.

The names being thrown around seemed to be Ehlers and Iafallo which makes sense. I'd imagine once Ehlers can legitimately put pen to paper on an extension tomorrow some more serious offers will start coming out.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Yeah it's very possible we convince him to stay but if his agent is saying he wants out now. It generally seems to go that way.

The names being thrown around seemed to be Ehlers and Iafallo which makes sense. I'd imagine once Ehlers can legitimately put pen to paper on an extension tomorrow some more serious offers will start coming out.
all I've read/heard from his camp is them saying that he is a winnipeg jet and focused on playing this season, I've never them ay he wants out now.. do you have a link to that?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
all I've read/heard from his camp is them saying that he is a winnipeg jet and focused on playing this season, I've never them ay he wants out now.. do you have a link to that?

Dave Pagnotta of the 4th period mentioned his source with the Jets has said Ehlers camp is not interested in signing an extension with the Jets.

The Hockey News also reported on it.

Reactions: roccerfeller

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Dave Pagnotta of the 4th period mentioned his source with the Jets has said Ehlers camp is not interested in signing an extension with the Jets.

The Hockey News also reported on it.

oh pagnotta is not reliable at all

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If Ehlers does indeed want out and will not sign an extension move him before training camp, do not go into the season with this talking point.

I think that's why we have been shopping him around prior to the draft and now.

I think talks get more serious now that an extension can be agreed on.

oh pagnotta is not reliable at all

He's broken a few things.

It kinda lines up with all the rumours of us trying to move him recently.

All the major networks have discussed hearing him and Iafallo's name in trade talks.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
He's broken a few things.

It kinda lines up with all the rumours of us trying to move him recently.

All the major networks have discussed hearing him and Iafallo's name in trade talks.
he's got a few things right but 1000 things wrong, I think we could trade him but I just don't think it's 100% out of the question that we could end up extending him

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
he's got a few things right but 1000 things wrong, I think we could trade him but I just don't think it's 100% out of the question that we could end up extending him

Chevy generally always says that about everyone though. Said the same things about Kane, Trouba and Laine.

He's never one to come out and say "Yeah he doesn't want to be here, so we're gonna try and move him when we can find the best deal."

He just doesn't reveal his hand ever.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Chevy generally always says that about everyone though. Said the same things about Kane, Trouba and Laine.

He's never one to come out and say "Yeah he doesn't want to be here, so we're gonna try and move him when we can find the best deal."

He just doesn't reveal his hand ever.
he pretty much did with rutger though

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
he pretty much did with rutger though

As far as I know all he said is that Rutger won't be at dev camp.

“I really don’t have an update. Obviously he won’t be at Development Camp coming up here. But I really don’t have an update at this point.”

Basically a whole lotta nothing.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
As far as I know all he said is that Rutger won't be at dev camp.

“I really don’t have an update. Obviously he won’t be at Development Camp coming up here. But I really don’t have an update at this point.”

Basically a whole lotta nothing.
“Rutger’s a prospect within our organization, and that’s where it is right now,” Cheveldayoff said before the first round of the 2024 NHL Draft got underway.

pretty sure his comments about pld made it seem like he was gone as well

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yeah, and there's the rub

We had just come off a stretch of watching complete plugs like Bietto, Beaulieau, Sbisa, etc as regulars on the blueline. Chevy goes and aquires two proven vets in Dillon and Schmidt and I think we were all pretty pumped, or at least somewhat relieved

The timing of the Kovacevic thing was the issue. There just wasn't a spot on the team for him, and at the time it would have been insane to get rid of one of the guys on the right side for a guy like him with his pedigree (drafted as an overager) who had all of 4 NHL games of experience under his belt

Some guys you lose to waivers and it doesn't matter, and others sting a bit - like in this situation. But that's the point of having waivers in the first place... so guys who deserve to play don't get cockblocked forever on teams who are stacked at their position
No we weren't pumped.

Dillon was a proven vet and Schmidt was coming off... exactly the same year he's coming off now with a huge cap hit

It's funny to see jets fans make fun of chisholm and kovacevic now that they are gone but be excited about the scrap we have in the pipeline.

At least Capo as a replacement made sense... hopefully they sign him... but why trade for Miller if Capo was ready

Kova is penciled in at 3rhd for new jersey... no sense lying and saying he was thrown away by a horrible defensive team... he was traded by a rebuilding team after we got zero for him

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
No we weren't pumped.

Dillon was a proven vet and Schmidt was coming off... exactly the same year he's coming off now with a huge cap hit

It's funny to see jets fans make fun of chisholm and kovacevic now that they are gone but be excited about the scrap we have in the pipeline.

At least Capo as a replacement made sense... hopefully they sign him... but why trade for Miller if Capo was ready

Kova is penciled in at 3rhd for new jersey... no sense lying and saying he was thrown away by a horrible defensive team... he was traded by a rebuilding team after we got zero for him
I'm willing to wager that whoever we have on our 3rd pair this year fares at least as well as Chishom and Kovacevic

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I'm willing to wager that whoever we have on our 3rd pair this year fares at least as well as Chishom and Kovacevic
You can check the Jfresh cards - once we have someone - and get back to me... how about that

Kova and samberg would have been our prime PK... at the very least kova would have bumped Stan from the lineup- and I'm fine with comparing those jfresh cards

Right now one of samberg or heinola is playing their offside to make Stan happy... maybe Chevy signs someone he wanted 2 years ago and we get pumped about it maybe not

Ehlers for ristolainen anyone hahaha

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
You can check the Jfresh cards - once we have someone - and get back to me... how about that

Kova and samberg would have been our prime PK... at the very least kova would have bumped Stan from the lineup- and I'm fine with comparing those jfresh cards

Right now one of samberg or heinola is playing their offside to make Stan happy... maybe Chevy signs someone he wanted 2 years ago and we get pumped about it maybe not

Ehlers for ristolainen anyone hahaha
Now you're just trying to trick me into saying something negative about analytics with your JFresh invitation lol

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
“Rutger’s a prospect within our organization, and that’s where it is right now,” Cheveldayoff said before the first round of the 2024 NHL Draft got underway.

pretty sure his comments about pld made it seem like he was gone as well

He's a prospect within our org until he is not. That is all that says.

Him not coming to dev camp speaks volumes.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2