Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah, it seems that way.

Afraid to make a mistake is mistake #1.
Afraid to alienate anyone is a way to alienate everyone.
Afraid is no way to improve.

I have a teeny tiny little bit of optimism that Chevy does something big this summer but i feel like it's going to be sign Monahan, sign some depth vets in FA, wait for the last possible second on McG and Ehlers to try and sign them and then run it all back.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I wonder if Chevy is trying the same thing Edmonton is with Campbell before the buyouts. See if anyone is willing to take them on and trying every other avenue.

Still time for a Schmidt buyout.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Well obviously something was preventing them from pulling the trigger.
chris johnston said mtl was having conversations about #5 and mentioned they were tied to mcgroarty not necessarily for #5 but when demidov got there those talks went away and wild wanted buium

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
chris johnston said mtl was having conversations about #5 and mentioned they were tied to mcgroarty not necessarily for #5 but when demidov got there those talks went away and wild wanted buium

That makes sense. We were only getting those picks if the draft went a certain way. Really hope we can get something out of CBJ.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
That makes sense. We were only getting those picks if the draft went a certain way. Really hope we can get something out of CBJ.
I'm guessing the deals were also dependant on someone Chevy was high on being available too

At the end of the day, it's no loss to us. Next spring Rutger will be one season closer to NHL ready and if it's not with the Jets, his value won't have diminished. If anything, it could go up

As I was trying to explain to Habs fans on the main boards.. as long as Rutger doesn't have his heart set on FA and is willing to sign with whatever team aquire his rights, then anyone who really wants him will have to pay Chevy's price

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Yeah, it is almost always dependent on what is still on the board at the time. It's also the reason Necas didn't go either. Teams interested that had the picks liked the prospects better.

Reactions: Buffdog

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
As I was trying to explain to Habs fans on the main boards.. as long as Rutger doesn't have his heart set on FA and is willing to sign with whatever team aquire his rights, then anyone who really wants him will have to pay Chevy's price
You’re a brave (or stupid, or patient) man trying to engage with main boards Habs fans. Don’t you remember the Scheifele suspendable clean hit and the PLD sagas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad