Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Idk the things I took away from the Chevy interview is that Ehlers isn't necessarily on the table...some posters mentioned the fact that the Jets need stars to sell seats, and Chevy, with some input from his bosses and coaches, might be comfortable riding it out with Ehlers to ensure the Jets have a star worth watching next year...it moves the timeline on Lambert or Barlow replacing him to a more attainable one...if the team sucks Ehlers would still have TD value one would think.

The other thing I noticed is that Chevy was asked specifically about Perfetti and Stanley and he dodged talking about big Stan...maybe something is in the works tomorrow.

Gawd, I hope they are not that dumb. That is exactly how to not sell tickets.
Different story if they signed him. But letting him walk will hurt sales, big time.

Reactions: hn777

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am defnitely jealous about their top pairing of the future in Faber and Buium. These two both are going to be puck moving monsters.

Imagine having two Morrissey's for the next 6-8 years. Disgusting

I am surprised he fell that far. It’s tough to see vs our regional division rival.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Wait there's a player named Nietzsche in the draft?
Chicago was looking at him but rumour has it that he's a negative influence in the room.

If you want glue guys, Kant and Heidigger may go in the second. Wittgenstein, although with the silky mitts, probably won't go til the third. Socrates was too pissed to show up.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Plenty of interesting names remaining on the Board. I think we'll get a really good player. A couple of centers in Erikson and Mittens; a few RHDs in Elick, Badinka and Mews and even some puck moving LHDs.

Pettersons a high motor C as well.

As for roster construction, do we pivot back to Ehlers staying? Can we fit both Ehlers and Monahan under the cap?

Perfetti Scheifele Vilardi
Connor Monahan Ehlers

Or do we let Lambo take a run at 2C, with Namestnikov as his insurance policy?
only way to fit Ehlers and Monahan in is to move someone (Schmidt buyout or Iafallo)...And even that will leave a bare bones offseason of near minimum salaries, after Perfetti is signed. Keep Schmidt and there isn't really alot of movement at all...maybe @WolfHouse is right...Just put a fresh coat of paint on it, with a new coach, and call it an offseason.

I wonder if the Jets consider Pulkinnen as an overage prospect, because I still see a depth issue on the left side of the defense looming, and he could potentially start the season as Salomonsson's d partner on the Moose next year?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Idk the things I took away from the Chevy interview is that Ehlers isn't necessarily on the table...some posters mentioned the fact that the Jets need stars to sell seats, and Chevy, with some input from his bosses and coaches, might be comfortable riding it out with Ehlers to ensure the Jets have a star worth watching next year...it moves the timeline on Lambert or Barlow replacing him to a more attainable one...if the team sucks Ehlers would still have TD value one would think.

The other thing I noticed is that Chevy was asked specifically about Perfetti and Stanley and he dodged talking about big Stan...maybe something is in the works tomorrow.

I didn't see the interview. What did he have to say about Perfetti.

I took the Ehlers comments as him telling other teams to up their offers if they want him.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I didn't see the interview. What did he have to say about Perfetti.

I took the Ehlers comments as him telling other teams to up their offers if they want him.
He just talked about the process of negotiations with him, you know Chevy talk...When he compared Ehlers to Scheifele and Hellebuyck last year, as key parts of the team, I think there may be some interest in re-signing him, and I don't know if you can get the same player value back in a trade, so the Jets may play that one out....I mean the goal is still playoffs...I think if you bump up Ehlers to play with Scheif, (which is what most analytics people have been saying) and reunite the Connor-Perfetti duo you have the potential for 2 good scoring lines, especially if you re-sign Monahan, but even without him...So when Chevy is looking at his depth chart he probably isn't panicking...Namestnikov did an adequate job in the 2C spot last year....Lambert is making strides.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He just talked about the process of negotiations with him, you know Chevy talk...When he compared Ehlers to Scheifele and Hellebuyck last year, as key parts of the team, I think there may be some interest in re-signing him, and I don't know if you can get the same player value back in a trade, so the Jets may play that one out....I mean the goal is still playoffs...I think if you bump up Ehlers to play with Scheif, (which is what most analytics people have been saying) and reunite the Connor-Perfetti duo you have the potential for 2 good scoring lines, especially if you re-sign Monahan, but even without him...So when Chevy is looking at his depth chart he probably isn't panicking...Namestnikov did an adequate job in the 2C spot last year....Lambert is making strides.

The issue becomes the cap. Do we have the space to redup him when Vilardi will be getting a big raise in a year. Especially if we bring back Sean.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
the insiders after the draft:
chris johnston: montreal was tied to mcgroarty wonders if it picks up day 2
dreger: mcgroarty is on the radar for a lot of teams, chevy didn't get an offer that made sense, maybe montreal steps up maybe wild step up plenty of interest

video form

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The issue becomes the cap. Do we have the space to redup him when Vilardi will be getting a big raise in a year. Especially if we bring back Sean.
You would think Dylan Samberg is also going to get a substantial raise if he is pencilled in as a top 4 d-man...But if you take Schmidt, Iafallo, Namestnikov, Appleton off the books that's over $14 million in Cap space, Pionk leaving would put the team at $20 million in Cap space. The timeline for internal growth is pretty good, where I think you are in a comfort zone promoting guys like Lambert, Chibrikov, Parker Ford into NHL spots...Defensively I guess we have to wait and see what Salomonsson does next year or Ville Heinola does with his opportunity.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

Maybe Ehlers changed his mind when Chevy told him he's re-uniting the dynamic duo and has a deal in place for Laine. :sarcasm:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Gawd, I hope they are not that dumb. That is exactly how to not sell tickets.
Different story if they signed him. But letting him walk will hurt sales, big time.

I don't think it will. The fanbase on HF is not really representative of the fanbase as a whole. What will sell tickets is winning. Last season proved that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad