Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
After a typically slow start, Nole defeats Ruud in straight sets.

An aggressive Rublev exploits Tsitsipas' suspect backhand mercilessly and wins in straight sets as well

I think Tsitsipas is playing injured and could retire just like Berrettini...

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Kontaveit reaches the WTA finals. What an incredible second half of 2021 she has had. She will meet Muguruza who knocked off an alnost equally hot Badosa.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Muguruza takes the WTA Finals over Kontaveit 4 and 4.

Nole cruises past a resigned-to-his-fate Rublev 3 and 2.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Ruud takes the final semifinal spot with a tough 2-6, 7-5, 7-6 win over Rublev. Taking advantage of the court speed, Andrey cruised through the first set and a break in the second, then got sloppy and lost his advantage; Caspar got his big forehand going, Andrey blew another break in the third, and that was the match.

So:

Djokovic plays Zverev
Medvedev plays Ruud.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Just a brilliant weekend for Zverev. He won a hard-earned three set win over Nole and was just the better player most of the match. He turned it up a notch against Medvedev winning 4 and 4 behind a dominating first serve and continuous pressure and aggression.

Reactions: AceKing21 and Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Davis Cup Finals underway tomorrow. Canada is in a group with Sweden and Kazakhstan.

Canada's team is Pospisil, Schnur, Polansky and Diez. They'll open against Sweden tomorrow.

Davis Cup - Draws & Results

Format:

The 18 teams will compete in six round-robin groups of three teams. The six group winners plus the two second-placed teams with the best records based on sets and games won will qualify for the quarter-finals.
The Davis Cup champions will be crowned after the completion of the knockout phase.
The two finalists will automatically qualify for the 2022 Finals. The teams finishing 3rd-18th will take part in the 2022 Qualifiers. Two nations from the Qualifiers will continue to be eligible for wild cards into the Finals.

AceKing21

Oct 19, 2021
Central NY
Just a brilliant weekend for Zverev. He won a hard-earned three set win over Nole and was just the better player most of the match. He turned it up a notch against Medvedev winning 4 and 4 behind a dominating first serve and continuous pressure and aggression.

Hoping Zverev can bring the momentum in 2022 and challenge Djokovic, Medvedev and Nadal at the majors. Also hoping we can get a healthy Nadal back, even though his foot aliment will be something that stays with him until he retires.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The Australian Open holds firm. If you aren't vaccinated, you don't play. Nole has a decision to make and has only a couple of weeks to make it.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
The Australian Open holds firm. If you aren't vaccinated, you don't play. Nole has a decision to make and has only a couple of weeks to make it.

It will be interesting to see how many players don't play because they don't want to get vaxxed.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It will be interesting to see how many players don't play because they don't want to get vaxxed.
Michael Che in his recent comedy special said that he demanded his audience be fully vaccinated. Why? He wanted an audience that would get his jokes.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
There's no reason Djokovic couldn't pull off the calendar slam this year, to throw that opportunity away just to avoid getting vaxxed would be such a shame.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
The WTA has pulled out of all events in China because of Peng Shuai's situation. Ir seems she hasn't been heard from in days. I'm impressed with them for taking this stand.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The WTA has pulled out of all events in China because of Peng Shuai's situation. Ir seems she hasn't been heard from in days. I'm impressed with them for taking this stand.
This just had to happen. This shit stain of a country... Where will it end? Russia hosting World Cups and Olympics , Qatar hosting a WC and China with the Olympics... I hope she is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad