Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v16.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

Wheeler's new top 100

4. Levshunov
44. Moore
59. Nazar
80. Rinzel
83. Reichel
HM: Del Mastro

Always have to take these things with a grain of salt (Wheeler in particular always seems to jump newly drafted prospects to the head of his lists) but interesting read nonetheless
I count at least 10 players that I'd move Nazar above without breaking a mental sweat. That includes Moore and I like him more than most on this board.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I count at least 10 players that I'd move Nazar above without breaking a mental sweat. That includes Moore and I like him more than most on this board.
Agreed. He said something weird in particular about whether he has the jam and fire to stick at center. I don't know if Nazar will be a long term C but if he isn't it won't be because of his compete tool.

Really hard to keep track of hundreds of prospects though, I struggle with just the top 10-15 for the Blackhawks alone, so I get why some oversights creep in.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Tid bits...

"As for the forwards, Frank Nazar will be the one prospect to keep an eye on in training camp. He’s probably the only one who has a realistic shot of making the team to start the season. The Blackhawks were mindful of not trying to block Nazar’s path when they made their offseason moves. They addressed a lot of forward roles, but they didn’t get a player who you’d say is their second-line center. The reason for that is the Blackhawks envision Nazar there soon. Whether soon means the start of the season will depend on Nazar’s play throughout camp."

"What Roman Kantserov did in the KHL got the Blackhawks excited about his future this season, and furthering that excitement was Kantserov’s willingness to travel from Russia to attend Blackhawks development camp last week. The Blackhawks never expect their Russian prospects to do that, but the organization welcomed it. It’s another sign Kantserov is committed to signing when his KHL contract expires after the 2025-26 season."

I love the Reichel mentioning of the number change.

Finally, how about a “why they wear their numbers” summer edition? I was told Lukas Reichel’s number change from 27 to 73 was initiated by Reichel out of respect for Jeremy Roenick, who wore 27 with the Blackhawks and was recently elected into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Reichel has worn No. 73 for Germany in the past.

Pretty classy of Reichel to do that when he didn't have to.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
No Blackhawk representation amongst Canada's Summershowcase Roster.

No love for Lardis sadly, Boisvert (along with Hage) will probably be left off consideration as Canadians that did the USHL -> NCAA route and aren't Fantilli/Celebrini level. Eight 06-born forwards in total are there, all CHL guys.

Hawks probably won't be that represented at the World Juniors in general. Moore will be there for USA barring any surprises. Levshunov's country is banned. Boisvert and Vanacker won't be on Canada most likely. Bedard is in the NHL. Gajan too old, Kantserov too old and country banned, Misiak too old. Felcmann probably gets there for Czechia. I dunno about 2005-born Finnish defenseman Janne Peltonen.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
No Blackhawk representation amongst Canada's Summershowcase Roster.

No love for Lardis sadly, Boisvert (along with Hage) will probably be left off consideration as Canadians that did the USHL -> NCAA route and aren't Fantilli/Celebrini level. Eight 06-born forwards in total are there, all CHL guys.

Hawks probably won't be that represented at the World Juniors in general. Moore will be there for USA barring any surprises. Levshunov's country is banned. Boisvert and Vanacker won't be on Canada most likely. Bedard is in the NHL. Gajan too old, Kantserov too old and country banned, Misiak too old. Felcmann probably gets there for Czechia. I dunno about 2005-born Finnish defenseman Janne Peltonen.
Feel bad for Vanacker being injured, he would be getting consideration. The forwards are stacked though, even if there are some weird choices so Lardis was in tough.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Nazar at 59 is wild.

Elite prospects list comes out soon, they do a much better job with these. It’s a consensus and doesn’t have the recency bias towards newly drafted players.

Kinda shocked Reichel is even considered a prospect anymore.

Reactions: Crow and Mrfenn92

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Eh.. they're weaker than last year's gold medal winning team but that is still a strong team. They'll likely be favorites again.
Not a chance. Canada is absolutely stacked this year.

USA is pretty dire at forward beyond what I assume the first line will be Leonard-Perreault and I don’t even know who lines up at centre. Moore maybe? But I figure they’d prefer to use him in a shutdown role.

They have a couple other good wingers in Musty and Connelly and Hagens has a good shot, but the depth is bad.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

USA is pretty dire at forward beyond what I assume the first line will be Leonard-Perreault and I don’t even know who lines up at centre. Moore maybe? But I figure they’d prefer to use him in a shutdown role.

They have a couple other good wingers in Musty and Connelly and Hagens has a good shot, but the depth is bad.
Hagens will center Leonard and Perrault at BC. Don’t see any reason for that to change in the World Juniors.

Edit: My apologies to @clydesdale line. My post should have read future Hawk Hagens will center Leonard and Perrault at BC.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Their goalie situation isn't great, their D depth isn't strong. Yes they have amazing forward depth but that also depends how many of those talented '06 forwards they want to bring. We all know with Canada, there's alot of politics involved.

And Hagens is 100% making the team. He arguably should've been on last years team.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Their goalie situation isn't great, their D depth isn't strong. Yes they have amazing forward depth but that also depends how many of those talented '06 forwards they want to bring. We all know with Canada, there's alot of politics involved.

And Hagens is 100% making the team. He arguably should've been on last years team.
Can’t say I agree. Canada is bringing Bonk, Molendyk, Dickinson, Parekh and Yakemchuk for sure, that’s pretty damn strong.

Compared to the States, they obviously have Buium, but who comes after him? Cole Hutson I guess? It’s not a great year for the States outside of their goaltending.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Can’t say I agree. Canada is bringing Bonk, Molendyk, Dickinson, Parekh and Yakemchuk for sure, that’s pretty damn strong.

Compared to the States, they obviously have Buium, but who comes after him? Cole Hutson I guess? It’s not a great year for the States outside of their goaltending.
Zeev Buium, Cole Hutson, Aram Minnetian, Drew Fortescue, Logan Hensler, Paul Fischer, Gavin McCarthy, Andrew Strathmann. Maybe an '06 guy like EJ Emery shows something..

I guess we'll see. :) but quite a few of those guys are returning players and quite a few of them got the experience. Plus David Carle is a damn good coach who is coming back. Trey Augustine is better than anyone Canada has at goalie. Anything can happen in a short tournament so not saying they WILL win it all again but I'm saying they ARE the favorites again in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8938.png

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It’s certainly possible. It’s a pretty weak team at forward tbh.
I think it's pretty unlikely. He was an injury replacement for Connelly to make the Summer Showcase which basically puts him dead list on a 2X Forward Roster list. So he'll have to come from behind, of course the opportunity to show his stuff at the showcase helps.

I don't think it's a weak forward list. I think the following year is a weak forward list, but they have a good group of 05s group which will make cracking the roster tough, that is pretty strong even if Smith is in the NHL. Last year was a super high-end USA forward roster, but this year will still be stronger than a lot of other USA rosters in years past.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Zeev Buium, Cole Hutson, Aram Minnetian, Drew Fortescue, Logan Hensler, Paul Fischer, Gavin McCarthy, Andrew Strathmann. Maybe an '06 guy like EJ Emery shows something..

I guess we'll see. :) but quite a few of those guys are returning players and quite a few of them got the experience. Plus David Carle is a damn good coach who is coming back. Trey Augustine is better than anyone Canada has at goalie. Anything can happen in a short tournament so not saying they WILL win it all again but I'm saying they ARE the favorites again in my opinion.
Buium-Hensler
C. Hutson-Emery
Fortescue-Minnetian
Ralph

It's not that bad.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
It seems like so many of these prospects are trending in the right direction. Who are the guys who are leaning the other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad